10 Things YOU Hate About Being Overweight

Options

Replies

• jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    1. Seeing my double chin in the mirror or photos.
    2. Seeing my gut in the mirror or photos; I feel like i am still 18 and thin when I don't see myself. my mental picture of myself does not match reality.
    3. Squeezing into trousers.
    4. Unable to button shirt collars.
    5. Refusing to buy clothes that fit because it means I accept my obesity.
    6. Craving crap food, and eating it knowing I am committing suicide on the installment plan.
    7. Seeing and hearing the opinions of others expressing their disappointment that I have not taken better care of myself.
    8. Understanding that being overweight for so long means I have little to no self esteem or self-preservation instinct.
    9. Using a CPAP to treat the symptoms of apnea; most likely caused by obesity.
    10. My wife will not have sex with me because she finds me unattractive. This pisses me off because it means her affections are conditional.

Here's what I like about being overwieght: I can stay this way by not having to make an effort to change my lifestyle or anything.
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    1. E

2. V

3. E

4. R

5. Y

6. T

7. H

8. I

9. N

10. G
  • JoMoMOMx3
    JoMoMOMx3 Posts: 77
    Options
    1) i didnt have cute pregnancies. i was a fat whale. i just wanted to feel beautiful.
    2) sex. i hate the jiggle.
    3)nothing fitting
    4)shopping sucks. IF they carry my size, nothing is cute.
    5) i feel ugly.
    6) i hate going out into public.
    7) i have no friends. because ive closed myself off- not because people judge me. but its just my own insecurities.
    8) i have a very short attention span so staying focused to lose the weight has been hell.
    9) health problems that run in my family. im terrified that ill get them because they can be weight related.
    10) the guilt i feel when im at the store. i feel like everyone is judging whats in my buggy.
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    1. E

2. V

3. E

4. R

5. Y

6. T

7. H

8. I

9. N

10. G

PERFECT! Well stated.
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    10 things I HATE about being overweight:

1. Almost everything that everyone said; I can relate to them all!

2. That I don't have enough pictures with my kids or my grandson's

3. I don't feel worthy of being with my very fit hubby (even though he loves me for me no matter what size I am)

4. Pain everywhere!

5. No matter what I do; I cannot lose the weight

6. Shopping for clothes, it just makes me cry

7. Being judged for what my body looks like & not for who I am as a person

8. Not being able to have that sexy nightie for my hubby (although he would love me it anyhow I feel uncomfortable wearing such a thing)

9. Not being able to enjoy the summer; swimming, shorts, parties, BBQ's, that summer dress

10. Other people saying "I'm getting as big as you, I better go on a diet"
  • GreatGreenSea
    GreatGreenSea Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    There are lots of things I hate about it. Worrying about airplane seats (although my most recent flight was just fine, it really depends on the airline and plane), and my feet hurting all the damn time are the two worst things.
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    1. Not being able to shop in normal stores.

2. Being afraid of not fitting on rides at amusement parks with my kids.

3. Not being able to wear sleeveless tops in the summer.

4. Not having enough energy to play a full game of tennis with my daughter.

5. Feeling out of control around food.

6. Having nothing to wear in my own closet.

7. Bathing suit season.

8. Being self-conscience ordering anything unhealthy in a restaurant - as if I'm not entitled to an indulgence because I'm fat.

9. Being the less attractive spouse in the marriage :-/

10. Being uncomfortable in my own skin.
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    The 10 things I hate about being fat
    10. Feeling like if I wore shorts and a tank top and happened into walmart, I MAY end up on the "peopleofwalmart.com"
    9. Sweating for no apparent reason/having sensitivity to any heat
    8. Tiring out so quickly, not keeping up with the kids
    7. Always feeling tired..and in constant need of naps
    6. Feeling too lazy and fat to take the steps to change
    5. Feeling judged for enjoying an ice cream cone w/ my son
    4. The fact that I haven't rode a roller coaster in over 7 years, out of fear that the harness won't click down
    3. Hating the limited (an old person looking) clothing that fits me appropriately
    2. Dreading taking photos w/ family (especially with kiddos....they are only little once)
    1. SEXY (feeling sexy, looking sexy, dressing sex, sex with the lights on,...you get the idea)

I am bringing Sexy back!! Next year I'm taking the Family to the closest amusement park, for lots of rollercoasters and
    lots of pics!
  • ericarenee2005
    Options
    1. Hurting so badly I can hardly get out of bed some days (I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis so weight makes it worse)

2. Being fatigued as hell. (it interferes with enjoying about anything)

3. Having a hard time breathing when I exercise or even just at all. (this sh** is ridiculous)

4. Not fitting into any of my nice clothes...(what a waste of money that seems to be when they fit me 2 years ago)

5. Looking good in a sundress until I look at my fat arms...-_- bingo wings...

6. Having a muffin top when I wear jeans...this one I really hate.

7. Having stretch marks...(Yeah I gained about 90 lbs really quickly after having a surgery so this happened and I've never had a baby...)

That's all I've got.
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I can relate to just about every one of these (ok, maybe except the man boobs) :wink:

1. Diabetes that the way I was going, shouldn't have been a surprise

2. Sleep apnea/snoring so loud that I swear is going to drive hubby into the guest room one of these nights (and oh, yeah, the part about worrying that I might not wake up one morning.)

3. My family recently acquired a couple of jet skis. I am tired of sitting on the pier pretending I'm not interested in taking one for a spin as my brothers and sister have a blast zipping merrily around out on the water. (Not because I'm going to sink them, they can hold me just fine, but if I wipe out in deep water I do not have the strength to right myself and climb back on.)

4. My sister has a canoe, she insisted we go out in it and I spent the whole time frantically trying to balance it and not let my weight tip us over. That also meant staying embarrassingly close to shore.

5. Life jackets. Ain't happenin. So kind of a problem even if the jet skis and canoe were doable.

6. Clothes shopping in general but especially when it's for a special occasion, like when I need a dress for a wedding or graduation, etc. (in that boat right now.)

7. When I'm going out and I do my hair and makeup and look in the mirror and think it's not too bad and I at least look cute from the neck up... then I catch a glance of myself in the bar mirror or someone snaps a pic and I'm horrified to see a huge moon face and my eyes all squished up in my fat cheeks because I tried to smile and appear I was ok with having the pic taken.

8. I own a '79 Super beetle convertible. I don't know if you are familiar with the seat belts in those things, but all I will say is that I have to sit so close to the steering wheel (I'm short) that my only option is to wrestle the lap belt across my belly and I have to put the shoulder strap behind my back, to avoid being strangled because it is just too tight. (And I then have to pray I don't get pulled over and ticketed for it.)

9. Spraining and re-spraining my ankles just from walking around on all of this weight.

10. Food spots on all of my shirts because it all hits my chest and belly if I spill.
  • LouLoulost
    LouLoulost Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me realize we are all so unified in our feelings, it makes me wonder why more women don't support one another , we all have so much more in common than not- I love all of you for thepain you feel, and I hope we all can reach our goals and know that small changes bring confidence and plastic surgery fixes loose skin and tummy tucks lmao...
    please friend request me, I am a daily logger open diary and looking for MFP who like me need support!!
  • pmackey49
    pmackey49 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on the weight loss seltzermint, how long did it take you? do you have any before and after pics to share? I've lost a total of 19 lbs so far, my starting weight was 289.....
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    11, 12, 13, 14 & 15!

My inability to be cast in any decent roles: am an actor/director, mostly a director, as I always present a casting dilemma to directors; I am a talented enough actor but too fat for many roles I would other wise rock. When I do get cast, I am always stuck with roles where attractiveness (or a lack thereof) isn't a deal-breaker. In my early 20's I was cast as the mother of a woman in her 30's. :( That was pretty humiliating enough, but it was made worse by the fact that she was, quite frankly, terrible and when the director admitted to me privately he would have rather given her role to me if I "looked more the part," I went home and sobbed... over a cheesecake. Sigh.
  • Maqneta
    Maqneta Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    1. Clothing all I see is fat when I put on clothing so I tend to buy sizes way to large for myself and I look bigger.
    2. Man breasts (they're seriously annoying and take forever to get rid of)
    3. Lack of energy and finding it hard to run for longer periods of time.
    4. feeling like everyone is judging me when I go out shopping (Lack of confidence)
    5. Feeling like I'll never find someone who will love me for both my outer and inner.
    6. having to avoid foods a lot of skinny people can intake without the worry.
    7. over heating really really fast.
    8. having a hard time sleeping
    9. worry of Diabetes
    10. Stretch marks on my stomach making me never want to take my shirt off (unless I'm alone) I wear a shirt when I go swimming. :[
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    1. I want to be back in the jean size I was in 6 months ago instead of being in the jeans I had to buy a month ago because no other pants would fit.
    2. I want to be able to run again without being in pain doing it.
    3. I want to wear nice shirts without the compulsion to run and put something big over top of it.
    4. I want to feel comfortable being naked with my partner instead of feeling like I might kill him by being on top
    5. I want to be okay with looking at myself in the mirror again.
    6. I do NOT want to watch my other athletic friends complete races and feel the utter envy that I have felt (ex. last Sunday, at the 10km race I was supposed to run)
    7. I want to have more energy
    8. I want to feel [more] pride in myself than what I do now
    9. I do not want to be seen for the weight I have gained
    10. I want to be less judgmental of myself.
  • AnIrishLibra
    AnIrishLibra Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Everything everyone has posted.

Mostly I just hate my lower belly roll. It makes a horrible slapping sound when I jump up and down... Makes me insecure at the gym... (jumping jacks and jumping rope) and it kinda hurts when the belly goes up and down like that.
  • GC527
    GC527 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    10 Things I hate about being overweight

10. Being tired
    9. Trying to find clothes I like
    8. Being afraid to eat in public
    7. The way my husband looks at me
    6. Being afraid to try roller coasters, planes or anything like that
    5. The fear of dying young because I am overweight
    4. The way everyone treats me because of my weight
    3. Not enjoying life
    2. Hating myself for the way that I am
    1. Letting my son down... he deserves a healthy and happy mom.
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    1. 80.5'' circumference abdomen that hangs down enough to cover my pubic region and most of my thighs

2. sweat under abdominal flap

3. Showering is a workout.

4. Masturbating is difficult without my magic wand.

5. I always feel like I am being stared at and that people are talking about me.

6. I am almost constantly in pain thanks to my fatness resulting in height loss of almost 2'' (spine and joint compression).

7. I am disgusted by my body, and the history of how I got here.

8. I don't do most of the things I'd like to do because I am too fat and I fear being unable to do it or being judged for doing it.

9. My stretch marks have stretch marks.

10. Fear that I will not wake up tomorrow.
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Don't hate being overweight..so many things people have posted have made me feel quiet upset. I guess what i am trying to say is that making the move to becoming healthier is a huge step, and the day to day adjustments in making your life healthier should really make you feel better about WHO you are and not how you LOOK...because if you keep at it and stay true to yourself, you will find all sorts of things to LOVE about who you are.

That said, it was the worst self-loathing that motivated me in the first place.

I kind of hear what you are saying.. I don't see a lot of men posting here and I wonder if the lists would be vastly different.. Here is my attempt.

1. Don't want to die yet. Being overweight scares the hell out of me.
    2. Can't keep up with kids.
    3. Fatigue all the time.
    4. Mood - it makes me very unhappy. Unhappy with myself for lack of self control. I should be better than this.
    5. Farts - Lots of farting! ha, ok, that is a love/hate thing. I'm much better now!
    6. Even though I am happily married and love my wife very much, I don't think there is another woman on the face of the planet who may actually take a look at me for the way I look.
    7. Sports stamina. Not where it used to be.
    8. Excuses, excuses, excuses. I have had so many. The more I weighed the more I had.
    9. Seems like such a impossible task to lose weight. Depressing to continually be thinking about it. But now finally I can see the light, and never want to return to being that overweight.
    10. Streaking - I can no longer go streaking without making people sick! Used to be funny.. not so much anymore. (kidding of course).
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    The 10 things I hated about being fat...
    1 - Terrified of the camera.
    2 - Sweating all the time!
    3 - HATE clothes shopping
    4 - Anxiety around other people, big crowds...always mind-reading the worst.
    5 - trying to cover my tummy up
    6 - sex.
    7 - The idea of only getting bigger and bigger as I age. (I am 25)
    8 - HEALTH! as things got worse...i always feared getting diabetes.
    9 - zero energy.
    10 - looking at myself.

Now a days what I have noticed and the improvements

1 - Enjoy cameras, even though the outcome may not be ideal...i like capturing my progress pics!
    2 - I only sweat when I work out, hard.
    3 - I feel fairly confident going shopping now, most shirts fit me and I can pick what I want. I am no longer going to the plus size stores.
    4 - I still have social anxiety...however...it is not so much about my appearance or feeling stared at.
    5 - I still "cover up" my tummy...but then I realize my tummy is no longer there! I have to get my mind to catch up with my body.
    6 - Feeling confident naked, lights on and new positions.
    7 - I still have the fear that if i give up, I will only get bigger and bigger (this keeps me going as it is pure truth)
    8 - I do not have diabetes.
    9 - I still like my naps, and I have up/down energy...sometimes I have tons of it, sometimes I am still lethargic.
    10 - I now always look at myself...always noticing small improvements, bones, muscle tone, facial structure.

:D