Jillian Michaels January Challenge!

Options

Replies

• nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Last night I took out my Jillian Michaels dvd's and blew the dust off them. I cant wait to get using them again!! Has anyone tried JM's 6 week 6 pack or Shred-It with Weights?
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    I have tried 30 day shred, no more trouble zones, burn fat, boost metabolism, and today I tried last chance workout. So far BFBM is my favorite. But today was a good workout and the last circuit kicked my butt! Love this thread, 5 days in a row this week!
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Cirflowers Awesome job!!!
  • jerseygirl777
    Options
    I really underestimated the 30 day shred LOL. I did day 1 and was like, this is too easy. I do normal cardio at the gym anyway but wanted to add some extra to my workout. So after day 2... I was sore in every way. Today is day 5 and did both workout 1 and 2 today. I have to say, I am beat! Hoping it pays off! I guess that's what I get for opening my mouth and saying how "easy" it was haha.

I didn't take measurements although I should have. Good luck everyone!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Still sick - Cold has moved into my chest. Taking one more day off (Jan. 1st, 2011) so therefore bowing out of this group. Would hate to start off the challenge already behind one day.

I'll be joining this group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/144308-january-30-day-shred-challenge-anybody-anybody and starting Jan. 2nd, 2011.

Regardless, good luck everyone! And Happy New Year.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Bump!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    here's my workout schedule for JILLIAN MICHAELS JANUARY SCHEDULE:

SW:177
    SCHEDULE FOR THIS WEEK:
    JAN 1 -Sat-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX
    JAN 2 -Sun-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME
    JAN 3 -Mon-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX
    JAN 4 -Tues-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME
    JAN 5 -Wed-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX
    JAN 6 -Thurs-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME
    JAN 7 -Fri-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX

Nutritional goals this week:
    -NO FRENCH FRIES
    -NO MUSHROOM N SWISS BURGER/SNACK WRAP
    -Log all food every day.
    -Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.
    -Stay between 1200 - 1500 calories everyday
    -BEVERAGE OF CHOICE: ONLY WATER AND GREEN TEA
  • NikkiLynn76
    Options
    Hi all :) I'm new to this post... and I have been on MFP just shy of a month. I am starting the 30 day shred today. I did level one a few times, and it kicked my butt. I WILL make it through these 30 days (or die trying) and hopefully will see a difference.

Starting weight (taken today) 370.2

No tape measure so no way to measure. I am also doing the biggest loser jump start (10-20 minutes of cardio) in the mornings, and Jillian in the afternoon, evening when my older kids are home to monitor my toddler. :)
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    today was the "official" 1st day!! i did Banish Fat Boost Metabolism.
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Am I too late to join?! I've done the Shred before and started a 2nd one just before Christmas but then injured my knee falling on the ice so gave up :(

For Christmas I got 6 Week 6 Pack - has anyone tried this yet as it was only released on the 27th I think? I am hoping to mix up the Shred with 6W6P and my gym sessions, I would love to get NMTZ or BFBM sometime soon though as they seem like longer workouts?

I will probably start tomorrow, might get time to try the 6W6P today but I doubt it!

Good luck everyone! 4 months til my wedding in Zante is my motivation!!!
    -x-x-
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hi all, a big WELCOME to all the newbies, its never too late to start!
    On that note, I feel a bit bad, you guys are all busting your *kitten* - literally! And I didn't check in yesterday.:embarassed: I had some family stuff going on and frankly I didn't have the energy nor the will to do anything other and 40 mins walking on the treadmill yesterday evening. Stress! But feeling better this morning and did BFBM before breakfast. I'll be glad to get back to work on Tuesday to get back to a normal routine. The 'nothing' time between Christmas and new year always throw me.

Stick with it, you guys are really helping me to keep going!
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join up - I started doing the BFBM on the 1st, today i've just done the 6 week 6 pack (both presents to myself at christmas)

I'm going to do them in rotation to stop getting bored of the same thing (although 6w6p is very hard and very sweaty - I loved the BFBM as its all kicking and takes me back to my thai boxing days!)

I hope that I get the same great results as when I did the 30DS in November.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Of course its not to late loxleys, the more the merrier! I've not tried 6 week 6 pack, how do you find it?
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    I have all 3 DVDs which you mentioned il try my best starting tomorrow and will post measurement I don't have the hrm is it vital?

Il try this swell may not get in 6 but il try my very hardest
  • eva78
    eva78 Posts: 16
    Options
    First day - did the 30 day shred level 1. Probably should have done both level 1 and 2 since I didn't really feel much but I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow.

Did my measurements and am really hoping to see some results at the end of january. Especially for my tummy - a real problem area:

Weight 210.8 lbs (95.6 kg)

measurements in inches (cm)
    under bust 40.5 (103)
    waist 37.7 (95.5)
    tummy 43.5 (110.5)
    hips 35 (114.3)
    arm L 14.8 (37.5) R114.5 (36.8)
    thigh L 24.9 (63.3) R 25.2 (64)

All measurements taken at biggest point except waist was taken at narrowest point.
  • mystic333
    Options
    I'd like to join. About to workout atm lol.

Day 1 Measurements

Waist 36 3/4
    Hips 45 3/4
    Stomach 41
    Chest 38
    L Arm 13 3/4
    R Arm 13 3/4
    L Thigh 25 1/2
    R Thigh 26 1/2
  • eva78
    eva78 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hmmm...

I was just looking over my measurements and it seems I wasn't really paying attention since I found a couple of mistakes. These should be correct:

Height 5'10 - 178cm
    Weight 210.8 lbs (95.6 kg)

measurements in inches (cm)
    under bust 40.5 (103)
    waist 37.7 (95.5)
    tummy 43.5 (110.5)
    hips 45 (114.3)
    arm L 14.8 (37.5) R 14.5 (36.8)
    thigh L 24.9 (63.3) R 25.2 (64)

All measurements taken at biggest point except waist was taken at narrowest point.
  • mystic333
    Options
    Just finished Day 1. Very humbled by how quickly i became exhausted. :noway: Im used to doing 60 minutes of moderate to high intensity on a stationary bike and thought i was getting pretty fit but ive discovered otherwise lol. Made it thru the cardio barely but kept up, arm workouts killed me lol, leg workouts and abs went pretty smoothly. Im looking forward to tomorrow except the arms part lol :laugh: