I challenge you to lose 5 Pounds This Month January 2011

Options

Replies

• keldine
    keldine Posts: 26
    Options
    I am in. I will post in on jan 3rd, since my weigh-in day is monday.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I am back and I am in.
    1/1/11 156 (I cant believe I am up so much)
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted! I weigh 177 pounds which is almost how much I weighed when my second child was born 7 years ago. I'm ready to get fit, healthy, lean and sexy! I'm going to carefully watch what I eat/drink and will do P90X. This is it, I know I can do it!
    Jan 1: 177.0 lbs
    Jan 3:
    Jan 10:
    Jan 17:
    Jan 24:
    Jan 31:
    Monthly Goal: 170 lbs
  • mschafer
    mschafer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    great idea! I know it's a cliche but I'm really wanting to be healthier this year and feel better about myself. thanks for the support on here< I want to keep updated on here :)
  • lisagonzo
    Options
    Im in.....
    starting weight- 128.2
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am going to use my 12/31 weight as my starting weight since I weigh on Mondays and I am scared of getting on scale this morning and see the damages from yesterday

1/1
    203lbs
    1/3
    1/17---
    1/31--

1071396.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!

Welome to a new year and new challenges to get healthy!

Not sure where everyone is with their fitness level or eating habits so I am going to start a challenge this week that may be easy for some and hard for others.

This week I want you to log all your calories in the food section of this website. Be honest. Try to stay in your calories.

For the exercise challenge ...newbies shoot for 30 minutes of exercise each day. For the more experienced exercisers get at least 5 cardio (or more) sessions this week and weight train for 2-3 times. And for a challenge do 50 lunges each leg every day this week!

I had a great start to the day. I got up and got in a 5k walk run on the treadmill:drinker: Then we went out to run errands and ended up at Outback for lunch.....I know I overate and way too much sodium. Now we are home and I am drinking lots of water.

Starting weight January 1 184.2

Be healthy!

Terri
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: Hey everyone : ) I hope you all had a good new years!!

So ya a few days ago I had shots with my friends boyfriend ( she didn't want to drink ) and had over 10 cans of soda between the two of us and now Im pretty much addicted to soda again!! so once again tommorrow will be day one and I will only have one can per day since i still have half the 24 pack that my MIL got me for christmas and then I will be DONE untill I meet my weightloss goals.

terry thanks for the challenge its a good one I will try to get that in everyday since I now have a wii and no excuses : )
  • katmarsc
    katmarsc Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    As the challenge is to do 50 lunges each leg every day this week, thought I'd share this link..

This is an example of lunges with dumbells, http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/DBLunge.html

Good luck all..
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I will definately post my food and stay honest, since the daily exercise is not possible at this moment. I will so something everyday, but even walking for 30 mins is a challenge at the moment. Soooo looking forward to my water aerobic class on Tuesday!
  • countrygirl75
    countrygirl75 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am going to try for it for this month, I am trying for 10 a month but if I get 5 a month that is great two as long as I am losing.
  • knickelson23
    knickelson23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well! Today is my first day of quitting smoking, so it will, no doubt, be a challenge due to the weight gain stories of quitting smoking. But I believe that I can still do it. Just a matter of increased activity and less calories to compensate for the slowed metabolism. Good luck everyone!!! (I will post today's weight soon as I haven't weighed yet).
  • ababygrace
    Options
    I am in.
    January 1- 163
    January 31 GW- 158

I think this a great perspective of weight loss. It doesn't seem like a lot but when you add it up over time, it makes a big difference. Good Luck Everyone!
  • jesse14472
    Options
    SW: 1/2 190.2
    GW: 1/31 185
  • tseccomb
    Options
    I'm in I started in May of 2010 at 273 as of December 27 2010 I am 231.

Jan 3
    Jan 10
    Jan17
    Jan24
    Jan 31
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    I like this challenge! I'm also in a couple of Valentine's Day Challenges, but a month in a half is a sort of a long time, mentally. So I like the one month challenge. My big problem is exercise, so I'm going to track not only weigh-ins, but days I exercised vigorously. If I have to post it, I'm more likely to do it.

Jan 1st: 118.5
    Jan 3rd
    Jan 10th
    Jan 17th
    Jan 24th
    Jan 31st [Goal: 113.5]
  • wendyrn1
    wendyrn1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in...
  • MaeG2BFit
    Options
    I started at 162 lbs when I joined myfitnesspal on October 2010. Goal for Jan 31st is 150 lbs.

Jan 3rd - 155 lbs.
    Jan 10th
    Jan 17th
    Jan 24th
    Jan 31st
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Starting the month at 168.....happy to still be in the 160's...especially with TOM here..I have my own challge for the week set for myself so I won't be joining in the challange festivities but wish everyone luck and we have all had our fun the last few weeks so lets get back in it ladies, lets not forget why we are all here and not blow what we've acheived.....to think I would be here now 9 months later and down 60lbs....I need to post some new pick so I will have to get hubby to take some pics in the next couple of days.....HAPPY NEW YEAR all....wishing you all the best!!
  • byebyechubbybunny
    Options
    Im in!!! starting at 155lb, will update!!