Out of interest - howmuch exercise do you do in a week?

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    5 total: 2 lifting 3 dance hrs on Monday
    3 dance hrs on Tuesday
    2 lifting hrs no dance Wednesday
    Rest Thursday
    2 hrs of lift or dance gigs Friday
    2-4 hrs of dance Saturday
    Cardio or Rest Sunday

so. um

14-15 hours a week
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    4 mornings in the gym for weight work (usually 1 1/2 hours). 2 evenings for run (strength or speed training, usually 3 - 6 miles). 2 evenings for cycling (25 miles or less). Saturday is long run day (8 or more miles). Sunday is long cycling day (25+ miles). Thursday is my rest day.

Forgot Yoga (15 - 30 minutes) every other evening to keep everything limber.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I name all my exercises mens names to make it fun, but I try to get in at least a half hour or more every day of at least one.

I do the gym on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays generally and Taekwondo on Tuesdays Thursdays and Saturdays. If I miss a gym day or Taekwondo due to other things going on, I go walking at night. Sundays are walking.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I walk 2-3 miles in the evening after work, started walking 2 miles during my lunch hour at work, go to the gym 3 mornings a week and go on 6+mile hike with my dog every Saturday. Sunday is rest day. All in all, that comes to 12 hrs a week exercising.

ETA: I forgot about 25mins daily for stretching, rolling and core work.
  • Sassymama66_75HARD
    Sassymama66_75HARD Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    How do you guys fit it all in?

Empty nesters we also use it as family time with our adult son and meet him at the gym 3 days a week. It was his idea for all of us to start getting healthy together.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    APPROX 60 min - 6 days a week. mixture of strength and cardio about 60/40 split
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    4-5 hours lifting & core
    15-25 hours cardio

Wednesday & Sunday are half days
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    How do you guys fit it all in?

I have a husband that helps with dinner, the baby, and pretty much anything I ask of him. I work out MWF, and he works out T, TH, Sat., so we switch off responsibilities. He's pretty wonderful, and a true partner.
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    2.5-5 hours cycling a week, 3 hours boxing gym work (50%+ of that is weights), and an occasional 8k run. The gym work will be increasing once I get my exams out of the way.
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    25 minutes a day/5 days a week.
    3 days of cardio
    2 days of strength training
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    walking, aerobics and pilates for 45 minutes x 4 days a week. Works for me. everything in moderation. Don't want to get into anything I cannot sustain.
  • carolinetayloruk
    carolinetayloruk Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My schedule looks a bit like this

Mon: 1.5-2hrs in the gym split between strength and cardio
    Tues: rest day
    Wed: running club, so a 2-3 mile run depending on which run i join
    Thu: 1.5 - 2 hrs in the gym split between strenght and cardio
    Fri: rest day
    Sat: morning 2 mile run/walk, sometimes go to the gym in the afternoon if i've nothing else on
    Sun: 2 hours gym again split between strength and cardio

As well as this, i walk everywhere so depending on where i am walk between 5 and 12 miles a day.

Put like that it sounds like a lot of exercise, but i do have a life outside of exercise, i promise!!
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    currently 7 days perweek 45 minutes perday cardio lifting ect almost any exercise really mixed up
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    3 days a week, 1 hour sessions no more, sometimes less. Foam rolling and stretching as time allows.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Good question! I didn't know how much just when!

M, T, 80 minutes.
    Wends. 40 minutes
    Th,F 80 minutes
    S 80 minutes
    Su. 0 minutes

60 minutes is lifting heavy (for me) or kick boxing(contact, point or drills)
    20 minutes are MA "forms" or Kata. Kind of like Tai Chi but sharper and faster.
    I have a routine for everything. I used Flylady to organize my day or I'd accomplish nothing. There are a lot of organizing routines to follow, for free or a fee, online.
  • lilymae71
    lilymae71 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I work full time, it certainly depends on your goals. I'm okay with body fat in the low 20s, being a size 4 or 6. I don't get complaints. I have a few autoimmune diseases, so my goal is being functional and looking good.

At best: lifting almost to failure from 30-45 minutes 3 days a week and walking about 12k steps a day or doing some light jogging. I might sprint but that's play!

When less active, walking about 10k steps a day and physiotherapy exercises from 10-20 minutes a day (I've had numerous over-training injuries and I'm in my 40s). From that, you can deduce it's 30-60 minutes a day set aside for fitness when I'm up to it. That's everyday. If I want a day off, I take it. I assume that I'll do something everyday otherwise.
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My week consists of: 2 spin classes(lasting an hour each), 1 hour of yoga, 30 minutes row machine combined with 30 minutes elliptical, 1-2 runs. The days vary but I try to get this in every week. I also have a FitBit so on my rest days -- I strive to get more steps than usual.
  • ravenmiss
    ravenmiss Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I do SL 5x5 so I lift 3 times a week and I do a 50 or 70 min Zumba class 3 or 4 times a week :)

ETA: I work part time from work for myself so it's pretty easy for me to fit in. It's all done from home too. We have a spare room with a power rack and weights and I do Zumba on the Xbox Kinect.
  • mstripes
    mstripes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    10+ hours on the road bike. My goal for April is 700 miles and I am 14 miles short as of this morning. I expect to be over goal after my ride this afternoon.
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Not sure. It really depends on what I'm doing. I lift every day and it can vary from just under an hour to 75-90 minutes depending on what I'm doing. I'm also training for an event so my cardio workout can be as little as 30 minutes to as much as 70 minutes six days a week.