Do you get hit on?

Replies

• Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    150 to believe it or not 250lbs yes, all the time. 250+ very rarely.
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    If I do, I don't know about it.

But ummmm, you're married? Why would you want to get hit on?
  • NikiaSue
    NikiaSue Posts: 259 Member
    Does an old man telling me "My, you look mighty Savory today" count?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,457 Member
    Yeah from time to time. I don't wear my wedding ring IN the gym (bars and grips scratch it all up), so I think some believe I'm still single.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    I get hit on all the time but I'm pretty sure the same way dogs sense fear, men sense non-interest because the less I want them to the more they do. Sadly the only guy I'd WANT to hit on me was previously friend-zoned so it's on me lol
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    If I do, I don't know about it.

But ummmm, you're married? Why would you want to get hit on?

Did you read my post?

I said I'm not heartbroken about it but it makes me wonder what keeps guys from approaching me. I have no interest in them, but it's off-putting to see every girl I'm with getting hit on but me, even the other married ladies. I don't cry myself to sleep thinking about it or anything...

Plus, getting hit on is flattering, single or not.
  • redtreediary
    redtreediary Posts: 69 Member
    I think a lot of it has to do with your willingness to make eye contact.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Only at the gym...doodz be mirin my lifts :bigsmile:

j/k
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Where do you all live?!? I live in Canada where we are all supposed to be polite but I get hit on even when I'm with a guy. Mind you, they politely ask his permission to dance with me or whatever but it still happens. Maybe Canadian boys just want us girls to feel good about ourselves because they are so considerate and all. :)

I have been told multiple times that I "drip sex" though.... so there's that. Perhaps I don't look "smart" or "high maintenance" enough.
  • BigRedgw2010
    BigRedgw2010 Posts: 127 Member
    I got hit by a car once....does that count? :-)
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    nope
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    I think a lot of it has to do with your willingness to make eye contact.

Hm, you could be right about that. Good call.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Does an old man telling me "My, you look mighty Savory today" count?

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Yes.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Online only. Except once in a blue moon.
  • segastler
    segastler Posts: 207 Member
    Only when wearing a low cut shirt. Which is rarely. And even then, most people only talk to my boobs.

They suck suck SUCK! After I am done having kids, They are getting hacked off!!
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    I think it has to do with how approachable you seem. I have been told that I come across as very approachable. I have had complete strangers break into their life story after a hello and how are you. I get hit on more as I lose more weight, but I'm hardly textbook attractive or have a great body.
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    I get stared at everyday like a permanent madam tussauds figurine BUT men are intimidated by my 6'2 height coupled with 1-3inch heels on. I've been told i come across as a "do not mess with me, i am serious" kind of girl and while some of that might be true but it would only apply in an argument, same as with anyone else. I have a rather laid back personality, very sarcastic and just enjoy laughing but do i get hit on? Nope!
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 401 Member
    Yes, I do. Even after being married almost 14 years ;) . One of my favorites was at 2 am in a pizza joint and I was feeling kind of meh and tired and this guy came up and he said, "I know you're married (he could see my ring I'm sure), but I just wanted to let you know that you're really beautiful." It was really nice and I thanked him and it really brightened up my night.

I've noticed it's a lot about the vibe you put out. If you're acting stuck up or sullen or like you're trying to ignore guys, they probably won't hit on you, but if you are relaxed and smiling- even look over and smile at one (even if you're married, a smile is no harm done as long as you're not taking it farther or trying to hide that you're married!). Since some guy DID say something and you commented on here 'uh, is that supposed to be a compliment', I'm guessing you put off a 'leave me alone' vibe. Go have fun with your girls, smile, and don't worry about the other stuff!
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    My boyfriend hits on me all the time. But seriously, nope. I'm usually either with my boyfriend or with a guy family member though and rarely out by myself or with other ladies. On the rare occasion I've been hit on in the past it blew right over my head and I had to be told I was being hit on afterwards by a friend.