Out of interest - howmuch exercise do you do in a week?

Options

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    30-40 mins of exercise a day. I put together a plan from fitness blender so i do something different each day. I have Saturday off.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    60 minutes / 5 days a week of lifting heavy
    Average between 8-12 hours of cardio per week depending on weather.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I walk 3 times a week for 60-90 mins. That's it!
  • mandos_13
    mandos_13 Posts: 21
    Options
    I usually work out 6 days a week with Thursdays off as a rest day after a string of 3 dance classes in a row.

Irish dance: 6-7 hours a week...5 hours of structured class plus practice on my own on other days
    Heavy lifting: currently twice a week until my class schedule updates, then I'm hoping to do three days a week. About 40 min a session.
    Cardio: I have one more cardio-oriented day (Saturday) where I typically bike, run, and/or hike in the mountains.

I don't find it very difficult to fit in because I'm single with no kids except a cat and my family lives 1000 miles away...my non-work time is for me.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    it varies with the season. but generally:

1.5-2 hours of heavy weights (30-45 minutes 3 days a week)
    cardio 4-5 days a week - this varies heavily....anything from a 20 minute "speed run" to a 6 hour full tri practice (swim, bike, run).

Obviously, I do most of my long rides/runs/bricks on the weekend, except for my weekly Wednesday night 1.5-2 hour tri practices with the tri club.

My cardio goes WAYYYYYY down in the winter, because I can only bike on the trainer (can't go for more than 30 minutes) and my running is limited by weather/road conditions (I can only tolerate 10-15 minutes on the dreadmill before I am bored to tears and have to stop)....so I usually supplement with workout videos that are 30-45 minutes long.

ETA - I aim for one active rest day a week - ie yardwork or hiking in the spring/summer/fall, and snowmobiling in the winter. :)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Minimum:

Crossfit 3x week
    1 day of cardio (walking, running, elliptical)

Am working up to Crossfit 3x/week, weights 2x week with two cardio sessions mixed in.

I'm 44 years old so I'm being careful on the ramp up to make sure my old bones can handle it :)
  • noni1989
    noni1989 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    3 Hour long circuit classes a week (mixture of weights trx & cardio)
    1 hour long race mid week
    6 - 8 hours race training at the weekend depending on distance
    :)
  • lorigrocks
    lorigrocks Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I do an hour of kickboxing 3 times a week.
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I get 7-8 hours of cardio a week and 3-5 hours of high intensity strength training.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Lifting, 1 hour, 2-3 times (All Pro's beginner routine)
    Krav Maga, 2 hours once a week (1 hour heavy bag/hard cardio, 1 hour general training)
    Pilates mat, 40 minutes or so, 1-2 times
    Jerking around spastically with a spinny thing around my waist, hips, or chest (aka hula hoop dancing), 1/2 hour or so, 4-5 times

Occasional random stuff like rowing at the gym or running on a treadmill, when the mood strikes

And I walk 3-4 miles a day, 5 days or so, and get closer to 8-9 usually 1 day a week. I don't think of that as exercise, but my Fitbit does, and it's what got me off the couch in the first place.

How I make time for it... The Krav is scheduled and I just go. The other stuff, I do with my own equipment at home, so I can fit it in wherever. The walks are to and from work, and the gym is on the way. I have a kid, but he's a commuter student and doesn't need as much of my time as a child. Age hath its privileges.
  • Apple31415
    Apple31415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    60 minute cardio sessions (mainly elliptical, but also road running or treadmill) 5-6X per week
    total of 2 hours per week of upper body strength training (dumbbell work, kettle bells and pushups - lots of pushups)
    Total of about 8 hours per week. Wish it was more actually - i feel kinda rushed to do this and i hate being up against a time crunch in the gym.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I usually do CrossFit 3-4x, strength training at gym 3x per week for 60-90 minutes, olympic lifting class for 2 hours on Saturdays, trail run or swim 1-2 x per week for about 40 minutes, and do yoga 2-3x per week 30-60 minutes. I don't have TV or kids and I work nights so I have plenty of time for training during the day.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    3 days with yoga, 2 days with 5 mile run, 1 day with a long run (8 to 22 miles)
    I will be adding NordicTrack x-country skiing (30 min) to my yoga days next week.
    Basically, 9 times a week.
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Per week...

1.5 hrs Zumba (two 45-min classes)
    1 hrs upper/lower body sculpt (two 30-min classes)
    1-2 hrs family walking/jogging/hiking/biking (weekends)

And I don't really consider this exercise but I'm not sitting on my *kitten* so...

5-7 hrs walking on the treadmill, slowly while working (1.8-2.0 MPH pace)
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Right now... 4 crossfit classes a week and 3 to 4 runs of atleast 3 miles.

For summer planning the following.

"TRAINING SCHEDULE"

Monday—crossfit
    Tuesday—ballet / run
    Wednesday—crossfit
    Thursday—crossfit / run
    Friday—crossfit / run(optional)
    Saturday—REST DAY
    Sunday— run / swim
  • naz1234
    naz1234 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    For the past 8 weeks i have been doing between 60 and 120 mins cardio a day 6 times a week, with some light strength training 2/3 times a week. Not sure whether this is too much or little. I follow 5:2 and have been losing 1 pound a week.
  • looklucklove
    looklucklove Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I go an hour a day, at least 3 and sometimes as much as 5 days a week. I only do cardio. I suppose that one of these days I'm going to have to add weight training.... but that day is not today.

To answer the question of how I fit it in-- I take the 6 am spin class at my gym. My husband gets the kids ready for school, and they're gone by the time I get home, leaving me 45 minutes to get ready for work with the house to myself. It's my favorite time of the day!
  • Chaskavitch
    Chaskavitch Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I do taekwondo 3 days a week, and try to fit in 3-4 days of heavy lifting as well.

For example, this is my schedule this week:
    Monday - Legs (~ 1 hr), then 40 min taekwondo class
    Tuesday - Triceps/Biceps/Shoulders (~1 hr)
    Wednesday - no gym, then 40 min taekwondo class, followed by 40 minutes of sparring, which totally kills me.
    Thursday & Friday - Chest/Back and Legs (haven't decided which day for which body part yet), ~ 1 hr each, plus about 15 minutes of sprints on a treadmill on Chest/Back day. Also, Thursday is one last taekwondo class.

Sometimes it is too much and I get burned out and skip a gym day, especially depending on errands or if I need to stay late at work. I usually get out of work at about 3, so I go straight to the gym, otherwise I'd get stuck at home snacking and watching House :)
  • trhendersonNC
    trhendersonNC Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I workout 6 days a week, with 2 workouts a day on 3 of those days.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I have a 10K at the end of the month so I'm training for that. My schedule looks kinda like this:

M: cardio dance class
    Tu: run 30 min plus weights
    W: yoga/pilates or spin if my legs are feeling good
    Th: run 30-45 min
    F: weights
    Sat: ballet class or rest
    Sun: run 45-60 min