Changing Pizza Night

Options

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    If you want pizza but lack the self control to stay within calories then this is a noble goal for you to work on. Eat a salad first and then the number of pieces that fit in your calories/macros. Teach yourself not to overindulge.

Are you never going to eat pizza again? This is sad to me. :sad:
  • healthydoseofglitter
    healthydoseofglitter Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    adjust your calories to fit in the pizza

or try just ordering a pie for family and have 1 slice with a side salad

or make your own (I do this now to save money and make it a little better for you) I think walmart has mini pre-made crust so you can have a family night and have kids and hubby pick different toppings for their own pizza... I like making mine on a flat out wrap with tons of veggies nom nom nom
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the suggestions! I'll have to get shopping and cooking to make these tasty and healthy choices.

This is the crazy thing—I really don’t want the pizza. I want a healthy dinner. I just don’t want to ruin what was a nice tradition. Maybe get him a frozen, regular pizza and myself a lean cuisine pizza?

Sometimes I get in the zone where I just want to eat healthy foods and I want to stick with it!

My motto for May is: I Don’t Fool Around!
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    You can try making your own pizzas. It's a fun thing to do together. I like to make my own dough but I know that flatbread is a fairly low calorie alternative and you can each make your own flatbread pizzas with whatever toppings you choose.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change a specific night for the husband/kids because of a want on my behalf. I don't eat out M-F generally, but on occasion I will pick up a burger for my kid who is in sports.

Does it smell good? Hell yes. But I just keep on keeping on and eat whatever I was going to eat.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of the suggestions! I'll have to get shopping and cooking to make these tasty and healthy choices.

This is the crazy thing—I really don’t want the pizza. I want a healthy dinner. I just don’t want to ruin what was a nice tradition. Maybe get him a frozen, regular pizza and myself a lean cuisine pizza?

Sometimes I get in the zone where I just want to eat healthy foods and I want to stick with it!

For the love of all that is holy... if you insist on something healthy, then make your own. Lean Cuisine has a crap ton of sodium and not remotely tasty enough to justify the calories!!
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    If you want Dominos, do the Brooklyn style crust. The large pizza uses a 'small' doughball, so less crust = less calories. Or a thin crust. 1/2 of a medium thin is 600-700 calories depending on toppings.

Or try one of the Artisan pizzas. Depending on which one you try, about 600 calories for 1/2 of the 13x9" pizza.

For toppings do regular or light cheese, don't add more than 1 meat and whatever veggies you want.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options

For the love of all that is holy... if you insist on something healthy, then make your own. Lean Cuisine has a crap ton of sodium and not remotely tasty enough to justify the calories!!

Yeah, Lean Cuisine is gross. If you are gonna make your own pizza at least use a flatbread or something.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I vote go out to dinner, and order 1 slice! Date night =)

I can't have leftover pizza around. I feel obligated to eat it.

Who can eat only 1 slice?!?! Why can't you have 2?
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Making individual pizzas is fun too. I make them all the time with leftover pita. Just toast the pita in the oven, top with whatever, and broil! It's delicious, and about 1000000x better than dominos if you have top shelf ingredients around.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options

Because the slice is enormous, HUGE, gargantuan from our local eatery. But by all means eat however many you can fit in your day. I just prefer to have 1 and save some room for the pizza fries. Because....who can resist PIZZA FRIES?
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Just read the other comments.

I keep things on hand for easy to make dinner for me - for when the family is doing something and I'd rather have something 'healthier'. I buy tilapia filets, frozen and each is individually sealed. Generally takes 2 to make a decent size protein about 5-6 ounces. Then I make couscous or something to be filling, veggies and/or salad. I run the tilapia under some water to start thawing, and bake it seasoned w/ pepper/garlic/parmesan or blackened seasoning.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Because the slice is enormous, HUGE, gargantuan from our local eatery. But by all means eat however many you can fit in your day. I just prefer to have 1 and save some room for the pizza fries. Because....who can resist PIZZA FRIES?

Pizza fries? I've never heard of these...No wonder my life hasn't felt complete. I should find them.

And that makes more sense about eating 1 slice. Not a lot of places in NC have large slices.
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza crust, it is yummy and you cant taste a difference
  • jhkiii
    jhkiii Posts: 1
    Options
    I too have been craving pizza! I would remind your husband of how proud he is of your great progress and that you are nearly half way to your goal! Then either watch your calories all day and enjoy the pie or order a separate pie all sauce and piled high with veggies and no cheese. Make your husband order his cheese pie as a personal pan or by the slice. Good luck and cudos.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza crust, it is yucky and you can taste a difference

FIFY
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It's pizza get one with veggies eat it and be happy.
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Please tell me more about pizza fries!!! Must.have.

I love, love, love pizza and have zero self control when we go to my favorite pizza place. Craving healthy food is one thing, if you don't want it, don't eat it everyone had given great suggestions. Please don't confuse lean cuisine for healthy! It might get you through a quick calorie controlled pizza fix though and I get that.

If you don't want to order because you re worried you'll over eat, I get that too. In which case I'd ditch the weekly pizza nights for maybe once a month.
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is a pizza fanatic. Seriously. He could eat it every day of the week and still love the stuff.

When he wants his pizza, he gets it. Me? I opt for a flatbread pizza, dolled up and tossed in the oven! I feel like I can "join him" in a pizza meal, but I'm not tossing the day out the window, either.

I'd either find yourself a substitute, or just arrange your day to fit it in.

I've also been known to get a salad and have ONE slice of pizza (when going out for it).

Whatever you choose to do, enjoy!!