Group LLC Holiday Challenge!

Options

Replies

• VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to stop in to say hi. Nothing new going on.

Zano, I too agree with not talking with others about my weight loss. My family was together on Christmas night and everyone was asking what was I doing because I had drop a significant amount of weight since the last time they had seen me. I was happy that they noticed, but didn't go into detail. I don't know why, but when I tell others about something that is going on in my life, they always have something to say about what they think I should do. So to keep it simple - I say nothing. At work, they are always offering me something to eat - cookies, cake, bagels, all sort of things that are not benefical to me - I simple say - "no thank you" and keep moving.
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone, The temptation at the office is great, but I've kept very far away from the the chocolate Macedamian nuts. It seems that everyone I know that goes to Hawaii brings back the nuts, a T-shirt, or coffee. Hey... anyone up for a challenge? I know I'm new, but fresh blood bring new ideas...how about 10lbs before Valentines Day? Any takers.....Have a great day, Zano
    Jan 1 - 195
    Feb 1 - 190
    March 1 - 185
    April 1 - 180
    May 1 - 175
    June 1 - 170
    July 1 - 165 --- Goal!!
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Zano - I'm in :happy:
  • jack758
    jack758 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    OMG I think I ate my way through Oct, Nov & Dec. I am over it! I'd like to join the group. I have at least 25lbs to lose and started Atkins again today. Low Carb is definitely the way I need to go. Are we going to do a New Years Challenge?
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Zano...I'd love to do a Valentine's Day challenge. But 10 lbs is a little too much for me, given my gender and size.

Shall we make it the 5-10 lb challenge? If so, I'm in. My challenge goal is to lose 6 lbs by Valentine's day.

I'll start. Feel free to post actual weight or weight lost. I'm going to go with actual weight. I am weighing in on Sundays...feel free to pick your own days...as long as it ends on Valentine's day!

Start on 12/30: 118.5
    1/2 -
    1/9 -
    1/16 -
    1/23 -
    1/30
    2/6 -
    2/14-

Challenge Goal: 112.5
  • zano2008
    Options
    Jack758, welcome to the group, good luck with induction your gonna do fine. I've had TEMPORARY success with Atkins (my goal is to make it permament), I'm on day 12 of induction. . We've got a challenge going, 10lbs (or another goal if you would like) by Valentines Day.

Tatiana_13, I think 5-10lbs is just about right, this challenge is definitely gonna be met.

VJ150 glad to see your in!

This is cool, I'm 200lb on 12/29. ...Great to hear from everyone.....Zano
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hello to all!!

I'm in for a 10lb challenge! I am trying to loose a total of 20lbs. I know it goes against Atkins and common logic - but I still weigh myself daily. I have kept track of my weight for years. When I refill my day timer, I transfer all the info to the new year. It gives me motivation, and reminds me of what was going on in my life.

Tatiana - I'm a pretty solitary person too! In my current situation, I am geographically isolated from my friends. Oh sure we still talk, email, and send cards - but it is not the same. With the holidays (especially New Years) I will again be "home alone". I have thought about going to a local club, however I really don't want to be in an unfamiliar place drinking with strangers. Every year I promise myself I will get all dressed up & "go out" on New Years & party; I guess that will have to wait until I find the right person to share the experience with. I'm just waiting for the final divorce decree.

Zano - Good job with induction!!!!!
  • mom216
    Options
    I would like to update my profile to include a ticker and my mini goals. I'm just not sure "how to". Any suggestions?:smile:
  • zano2008
    Options
    Hey Team,
    End of year coming which means a new start, this year, together we're going to meet our goals.....
    One trick that has helped me during induction is I've taken the time to build a low carb lunch and snack so I won't go to the cafeteria and buy junk, this has really helped.
    Mom216, click on the tools tabs and you should see the weight ticker, click on "get your.." and you should be able to fill it out. If you want to add to your signature block or in a comment just cut and paste the code that is provided. This is the way I know how, there may be another. Good luck!

132398.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mom216
    Options
    Thank you Zano!!

Wishing everybody - A Happy, Healthy Prosperous New Year !!!!!!!! Enjoy tonite & please stay safe!!! Thank you MFP !!! This site & my cyberspace friends are awsome!
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Welcome to the New Year everyone!

So, we have new goals going forward, and I really wanted to inaugurate this for myself. So, I have modified my weight ticker. My highest known weight was 176, but I've been below 125 for almost 2 years, so, I decided to make room for new successes by no longer continuing to look behind me. So, I've changed my starting weight! Looking forward to our valentines day challenge!
  • mom216
    Options
    Tatiana -

My highest weight 178 (very pregnant at the time)
    My lowest 118 - a couple of years ago (too skinny for my frame)
    I'm looking forward to being 125 - 130 (thin with some curves)
  • zano2008
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone and Happy New Year,
    This weekend went great, no slip ups..stayed low carb. I had a few moment craving sugar, but I replaced them with an alternative like a slice of cheese or vegetables. It wasn't exactly like a doughnut or cookie, but it worked. I didn't hit my mini goal of 195 by Jan 1 but thats OK, theres still Jan 2, Jan3, Jan4,... I get the picture this is on ongoing thing.
    Hey, If I haven't mentioned it let me start this year by saying I'm really GRATEFUL you are all out there, our cyber support group keeps me enthused and accountable, knowing that beyond the flat screen there are people working toward goal helps.
    Have a great day....Zano

132398.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Goals
    Jan 1 195 - weigh in 198lb
    Feb 1 - 190 lb (Our Valentine Challenge!)
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

Good job Zano, on keeping to your eating goals. And congrats on the weight loss. I know you wanted to lose more, but losing something is a great achievement! I am having a challenge-filled January. January Challenge, Valentine's Day Challenge, a 24 hours of fitness in January Challenge....which is all good. I need a little pick me up. But I think I need a personal challenge...to only get on my scale once a week. I got on my scale this morning. It says I'm down 1/2 a pound...but I never believe half pounds. So I'm thinking...I may very well have lost nothing. Which, of course, is fine. I'm short, with not alot left to lose. But I couldn't help feeling disappointed. Its Monday! I wanted to start out the week with a loss!

No need to tell me I'm being ridiculous....but ridiculous or not, it is how I felt. And I felt demoralized (I should have exercised more...I shouldn't have eaten so many nuts...) Then a few minutes later, I did some exercise before work. And I felt great. Really great.

So I reflected. Get on the scale frequently....feel bad. Exercise frequently....feel great! So why the heck don't I focus on the thing that makes me feel good and motivated!

That's my thought for the day.
  • mom216
    Options
    Good morning!!!! It is a beautiful winter day here! The sun is shining, the birds are chirping - ah the little things that brighten my day. Zano I too appreciate all the kind and thoughtful people here is cyberspace.

I have been doing low carb and not having much success. I know that is my own fault as I have not been very vigilante. I'm switching back to the method that I have had the most success with. (40% protein, 40% carb, 20% fat and excercise 4-5 times per week). For my body it all comes down to numbers - how many calories are going in and how many calories are being burned. The hardest part right now is the exercise. I have to re-build my stamina, and really push myself.
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Mom216. I hear you. I think there is more than one way to skin a cat and different things work for different people. I like the low carb approach...but, like a lot of low carbers, I sort of have my own personal plan...its sort of a mixture of Atkins and South beach. I won't go into it, because I don't think its any more magical than any other way of eating...except for me. Its magical for me because I can stick to it, and my body seems to like it. So, listen to your body.

Zano, how are things going with induction? How many days left?

I hope everyone's week got started well.

My personal struggle for the day was the scale...I couldn't resist and got on it...twice. My personal victory was that I went to the gym, even though I didn't want to go.

Have a Wednesday everyone!
  • zano2008
    Options
    Hi LLC Team, All goes well with induction and watching what I eat. Weight loss is steadily going down and I'm feeling good. I definitely changed my eating habits; no diet pop, no processed food, no breads, no sugars or sweetners. I'd like to continue low carb till I hit goal weight or at least till I come close. My attitude is that its just half my goal, the other is to maintain my new weight FOREVER. One thing I'm really looking forward to is losing 35 lbs, its the same weight as the cat litter I have to haul up my stairs and I am going to be thrilled not having to carry that around my gut!!! Have a terific night and day (awful movie with Cruise and Diaz)...Zano

Tatiana_13, I'm with you on making low carb your own personal plan. I hope to keep going low carb, and staying with what works.
    Mom216 Good Job on knowing what works, it sounds like you know your body and have a plan to sticking with your goals. Keep working on your stamina, the weight will come off!!
  • mom216
    Options
    Thanks Tatiana & Zano - I'm looking at weight loss as one day at a time. I'm enjoying the food and I am looking into a new gym. I also have a handful of exercise DVD's to review. I know it is silly - I keep buying the dvd's - then not using them :laugh:

Have a wonderful day!!!! I'm hunkering down for another snow storm - I can't wait for spring.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Just checking in seeing how everyone is doing!!!!! Looks like alot of people are still on here and doing great with the LLC... I have been very sick and off track for a while. Hoping to jump back on track starting Monday just waiting for my body to get better! Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    Thanks for checking in on us Tammie! I hope you feel better soon and are able to get back on track.

How is everyone else doing? I am doing okay. I'm not doing so well on the V-day's challenge. The scale has decided not to budge much. However. I am doing really well on my exercise challenge. For those who remember...exercise has been my nemesis ever since I joined the LLC group. I like to say I was probably a rock in a past life.

But, I find exercise to be even more important than ever during the winter months. In the summer, even if I'm not "exercising," I'm walking, I'm going out, I'm dancing. But if I don't exercise when its cold and dark, I stay inside and eat and sleep...and probably gain a few pounds. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground. So, if I'm exercising, at least I'm awake and not eating!

So, in lieu of outcome goals, I am trying to focus on process goals this month. Am I drinking water? Am I eating well? Am I exercising? If I get three weeks into January and the scale still hasn't moved, then I'll have to reassess my plan. But, for now, I'm determined to stay with the process.