Goal weight for women who are 5'1-5'2

Options

Replies

• WishfulPinking
    Options
    Right now I weigh 115 pounds and I am 5'1". I'm 23 years old and this is the closest I've gotten to my high school weight. I believe in high school I consistently weighed 108 pounds. I've been dealing with a painful breakup since the end of January and have since lost about 20 pounds- before the breakup I weighed 134. I noticed a huge change in the slimness of my face, and my body seems a lot more lean. I started losing weight from lack of appetite due to depression and as the time went by, I started exercising to maintain my new weight. I prefer to exercise at least five times a week if not everyday. You have to allow yourself at least one day a week to rest, but I feel that my metabolism rebounds pretty quickly if I don't have a consistent exercise schedule.

The best recommendation I have for everyone is to cut out any beverages other than water. I stopped drinking diet soda over a year ago and haven't looked back since. I may very occasionally treat myself to a glass of sweet tea since I'm from the south, but for the majority of the time I only drink water. At first this posed a challenge because water seemed unappealing, bland and boring. But overtime your body habituates to it and soon, it's the only thing that can quench your thirst!

Secondly, I cut out virtually all snacking in between meals. If you feel hungry in between meals, drink a glass of water and wait 20 minutes. If your hunger subsides, then it was just boredom. If after 20 minutes you are still hungry, treat yourself to a snack of your favorite veggie or fruit.

Don't eat after 8 pm- or at least shoot for this goal time frame. The food you consume after this time is more likely to sit in your belly and turn into fat if you simply go to bed right after consumption. If you're hungry before bed, force yourself to go to sleep- you can eat in the morning!

Try not to consume fruit juice- that is a hidden risky beverage, because often times fruit juices are loaded with just as much sugar as regular soda.

Also, I cut out fries completely from my diet. When at a restaurant, I pair my entree with salad most of the time, but if I'm wanting to treat myself, I'll order sweet potato fries instead because they tend to be healthier. (keyword healthier, but not a good regular thing to eat.)

Find fun things to do while exercising. I usually try to walk 3-5 miles around the lake everyday. During this time I either call a friend, listen to music, or take in the scenery. This helps to engage you in exercising rather than seeing it as a burdensome chore.

Here's to losing five more pounds- my goal!
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0'' and weigh 167. I would love to be back down to at least 140 like I was before I had my baby. I gained all that weight in only 5 months after giving birth :( wahhhh lol
  • bombshellcertification
    bombshellcertification Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1.5 , 44 and SW two weeks ago 130---need to weigh this week--have been doing at least 60 minutes of cardio 5x a week with amped up protein intake. The lowest I ever was 112-121 in high school, the heaviest 135 during bouts of depression, stress and transitions & drinking alcoholic beverages. I stopped drinking at 23 and have maintained a range between 121-130 since. I was always very energetic and active, ate reasonably healthy & balanced....never a soda lady, but always loved cranberry, grape, apple, grapefruit and other juices that have added sugars....have since eliminated except occasional to add flavor to club soda while out or honey in herbal tea...this has helped a lot!! Having active jobs also helps...and staying active. Ive been unemployed, care taking parents and working with a tight budget, I know that sleep habits & stress can help or hurt too. Trying my best to fight off anxiety & depression with weight gain by seeking endorphin rush of exercise.

. I am very busty even when I lose weight, so as another poster mentioned how off balance we can look if we get to lower weights... to look balanced a range between 118 and 125 with muscle seems best on/for me and I would even say at this age, muscle tone is so much more important to prevent continual weight gain, to prevent osteo & keep strong bones & joints strong...I am also finding stretching, core exercise, pilates and light weights to be helping shape up & firm all around, the tummy is a struggle but even that is getting better--combination of water, adequate protein, balanced caloric intake & exercise, going my own pace realizing the facts of slowing metabolism & natural aging process,,,gonna fight it as best I can and as smart as I can. Best wishes and I agree that its not about a number, more how you feel & overall health & vitality & body fat vs muscle/lean
  • lynliles
    lynliles Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and I think technically they say women our size should be around 100lbs and I don't think I would ever want to weigh that little. I currently weigh just over 130lbs and although I'm pretty happy with my curves and the way my body looks, I think my goal is somewhere between 115-120lbs. That's still in the healthy range but not so incredibly thin.

Though more important to me than numbers on the scale is body fat % and measurements. My ideal BF% is 20% and right now I'm at about 30%
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my CW is 133. I started here at 144. My first goal is 127, but I may adjust that to 122. I was tiny until my mid twenties, then I started to fluctuate. I never got above 133 before having a baby. I look thinner now at 133 than I did prebaby.
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1", and aiming to be about 110. I'm a small frame - ring size 3 1/2!

I was around 115-117 in high school, didn't diet, didn't exercise, but felt flabby. In college, I skated four days a week, had some muscle on me, weighed 130, but still wore a size 6.

Then I had kids and shot it all to heck, LOL! Highest non-preg weight in the 150s. Currently I'm about 133, but *nowhere near* a size six...it's amazing what pregnancy and general weight gain will do to your size/shape, regardless of your weight. :-(

If I had a lifestyle that allowed for gaining/maintaining muscle at the moment, I'd probably shoot for 120/125, but since I don't, I'm going for 110.
  • corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and 137 lbs. I have a small frame and would like to get to 110-115.
  • aserranzana16
    aserranzana16 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    5'1", CW is 113. I thought I wanted to get down to 105, but in re-evaluating, I may be good at this weight.
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am 133 pounds, 5'2. Goal is 125. I weighed about 105 in early 20's and 115 in early 30's.
  • aswearingen22
    aswearingen22 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my happy weight is around 130, and that is a size 4 bottom and xs top for me. I've always carried a lot of muscle, so my body comp isn't that of really tiny. I got down to the low 120's in my mid-20's (which was back to high school weight), but it's really hard to maintain that weight for me. Now in my mid-late 30's, I'm having a hard time getting back into the 130's! I was 140 this time last year, but then gained weight marathon training (and not tracking) over the last year, so I started again a month ago at 166 and am down to 158 and want to get to 135 and then will reevaluate.
  • sushiyeeum
    sushiyeeum Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and a half-ish. Currently fluctuating between 135-137, but ideally I would like to go down to 115-120 :)
  • dontdreamit
    dontdreamit Posts: 223
    Options
    I'm 5ft2 and currently weight 118lbs, I would love to get down to 110 because I have a small frame and feel I would look best at that weight but I'm not sweating it, I'm just focusing on getting healthy and fit :)
  • bsteves06
    bsteves06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and a half and my goal is 105. I was 110 pre pregnancy and my jeans were getting tight. I weighed 150 at the end of my pregnancy and am now at about 118. The last few pounds are the hardest to drop :)
  • jscanlon922
    jscanlon922 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and weigh 150 lbs. I was up to 175 at highest after giving birth to my son in January 2013. My goal weight is 120. In high school I weighed 135 and still felt fat. I also carry weight differently now that I've had a baby. I just want to reach a weight where I feel confident and sexy.
  • 120by30
    120by30 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal weight is 120. I weighed 125 right before I got married and still needed to lose a bit of fat, so I'm shooting for under that.
  • thedanya
    thedanya Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and, like you, have three small children - ages 5, 3, and 6 months. I am 150lb right now, I started at 155. My goal is 125lb.
  • shimmerNsparkle
    Options
    I am 5'2 my goal weight is 115 =-) I am 128 right now started at 200 ish(That was after having my 11 month old son)
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 my goal weight is 115 =-) I am 128 right now started at 200 ish(That was after having my 11 month old son)

I'm 5'3" so basically the same height, and my goal is the same :)

But I'd say that anywhere from 115-130 is thin for someone 5'1"-5'3"
  • laural_l
    laural_l Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and a quarter. Lol
    I haven't been below 175 pounds in so many years that I forgot what's it like. My goal is 145 but we'll see.
    Good Luck!
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", in my profile pic on the right I'm about 142, I'd look horrific at some of the low weights ladies on here seem to want to aspire to. Please aim to be strong and sexy not skinny!

I'd be happy to maintain around 138 which may be a bit of a push for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!