Jillian Michaels January Challenge!

Options

Replies

• nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Did my 1st Shred level 1, I think in over a year. I remember when it was way-way to easy. Onward and upward group... it will get easier!!

I'll be posting my measurements! :drinker: to you that have.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Did 5 days of JM workouts last week. Taking another day off today, back tomorrow with 6 day in a row goal!
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    @kate and nemrenu - i've tried the 6w6p once so far and its quite hard, the workout is 35 mins long but it flew by. Its not in the 3-2-1 style of 30DS its more like doing 1min of a set of exercises and then repeated. as with the rest of her dvd's its as hard as you want to make it. At the end of the session all 3 on the dvd were almost sweaty as me!

I'm not going to do 3 weeks of the same workout as suggested though i'm just going to switch between that and BFBM as I love them both.

my official stats for this month:-

Height 169cm
    Weight 155.4 lbs

measurements in inches (cm)
    under bust 31"
    waist 30"
    tummy 34" (across belly button)
    hips 40"
    arm L 11" R 11"
    thigh L 23" R 23"

the bove taken at the end of the day after a hefty portion of mash potato and sausages!!!
  • nemrenu
    nemrenu Posts: 211
    Options
    Hi loxleys LOL:laugh: " the bove taken at the end of the day after a hefty portion of mash potato and sausages!!!

Thanks!! I am going to look for 6wk/6 pk on my Netflix and give it a try. I'm with you I'm going to mix it up to keep it fresh, between Shred, Cardio KB, NMTZ & BFBM... I think :noway:
  • shellywoodworth
    shellywoodworth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I got the 30 day shred for Christmas and plan on starting it tomorrow. So I am in Good Luck everyone!!!!
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Day 1 : Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
    Day 2: No More Trouble Zones

first 2 days done!!
    11744 Posts: 3
    Options
    I managed about 20 days of the shred up to early December before some family came to visit and I got horribly distracted.....no excuse!!

My ( awful ) measurements :

5ft 5
    154lbs
    waist 34
    lower tummy 40
    hips 43

How depressing!! Not for long hopefully!!
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Well I did my Day 1 of 6 Week 6 Pack this morning! I really enjoyed it, my knee still isn't upto 100% but it wasn't too high impact and I managed quite well, It is hard though, I flagged towards the end with the side plank twist things :( Ouch!!

Jillian mentions at the beginning of the DVD to do Level 1 for 3 weeks (5 days a week) and then Level 2 for 3 weeks. I am going to use this as my main structure and fit other workouts around it as I usually get in 2 workouts a day (once I'm back to my full strength after the Christmas slump that is!! Lol 1 a day is enough for week 1 I think!).

Hopefully I should see some good results by the next time I try my wedding dress on!!

Keep it up everyone, I will get round to posting my measurements today hopefully! Need to find a tape measure...... :)
    -x-x-
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT: 177

Exercise goals this week:

JAN 1 -Sat-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX AND WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

JAN 2 -Sun-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEP, GEORGE WALK N BOX

JAN 3 -Mon-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, @ JMS VIDEO (FORGOT THE NAME)

JAN 4 -Tues-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, @ GEORGE WALK N BOX

JAN 5 -Wed-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

JAN 6 -Thurs-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, JACKIE WARNER WORKOUT

JAN 7 -Fri-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, GEORGE FOREMAN WALK N BOX

Nutritional goals this week:

-NO FRENCH FRIES

-NO MUSHROOM N SWISS BURGER/SNACK WRAP

-Log all food every day.

-Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.

-Stay between 1200 - 1500 calories everyday

-BEVERAGE OF CHOICE: ONLY WATER AND GREEN TEA

I haven't done any of these since i been out of town visiting my aunt since dec 31st...so i will be marathoning it til i get caught up to today's workouts. I also need to plug in my bodybugg when i get home and upload the info there to see how many more steps i need to walk to catch up to 15,000 steps. Like I said I want to do @ least 5000 steps a day and I'm pretty sure I haven't done all 5000 steps a day...but i do know that i've walked @ least some
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    30 day shred level one and two done this morning, skipped level one cool down and level 2 warm up, pushed hard on the strength, kept up with most of it, still dont do pendulum lumges as they hurt my knees. Guess I didn't push much on Cardio, only 395 calories burned 136 avg heart rate. Know I will be sore, but committed to 6 day a week workouts and daily 1200 net calories... figure I should be able to loose 80 pounds in a year! Wow, its overwhelming to think of it that way... one day at a time!
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    really rubbish day today - woke up with a stiff neck and back, have resorted to the pregnant sit down and stand up technique it hurts that much!!!

I'm giving today a miss with exercise and hope that i'm capable of doing a dvd tomorrow.
  • taiyab3
    taiyab3 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello Everyone. I would like to join all of you as well on this Jillian Challenge. I have 4 of her DVD's, Shred, BFBM, No More Trouble Zones and Yoga Meltdown. I usually do one or two of hers a day. Haven't lost any weight but have increased muscle mass.
    01/01/2011 - BFBM & jog calories 546
    01/02/2011 - BFBM & Shred calories 475

Do my exercise at night after work. Best to everyone in their endeavors :happy:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    really rubbish day today - woke up with a stiff neck and back, have resorted to the pregnant sit down and stand up technique it hurts that much!!!

I'm giving today a miss with exercise and hope that i'm capable of doing a dvd tomorrow.

Hope you feel better!!!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm so excited to start this! Here are my stats:

Height 5'8"
    Weight 145 lbs (up a few from the holidays, hope it goes back down quickly)

measurements in inches
    under bust 30.5"
    waist 29.5"
    tummy 31" (across belly button)
    hips 37.5"
    arm L 11" R 11"
    thigh L 23.5" R 24"

Hope I did the arms and thighs right. Never measured them before. :embarassed:

I did BFBM last night. Wow, is all I can say. I couldn't do all of the moves, but I kept up. Burned 450 calories! :drinker: :bigsmile:

I'm planning to do BFBM, NMTZ, 30 DS, and Shred It with Weights, mixed up throughout the month. I'm keeping a little paper calendar on my dresser, which I will fill in each day. My schedule with work and kids can get a little crazy, but this will allow me to do shorter workouts like 30 DS on the busier days. Then I'll do the l longer workouts when I have more time.

Hope you are all having a great Monday!
    Kathy
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    Hay listen vie been in bed all day ill I've threw up and I've old had my small dinner today first thing I've had to eat today and it's 6pm here I hope it stays down :(

Il be on it tomorrow make no mistake about it!!

Sorry for not doing it today
  • eva78
    eva78 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey how is everyone getting along?

I didn't do the shred today but did a 100 min body spinning class instead with weights and burned up a storm. Will be back on the shred tomorrow though.

Some awesome news. I'm ahead of my mini goals and my BMI just went from obese to overweight. I'm kinda stoked :)

@ xxweerachceex - hope you feel better soon.
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Day 1 : Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
    Day 2: No More Trouble Zones
    Day 3: Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
  • Cristy_AZ
    Options
    Congrats! That’s great. Doing good here, a little sore from back to back level one and two of shred this morning. Got another DVD today, shred it with weights. But I think I’ll go back to NMTZ tomorrow.
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Just finished day one!! Feels great! How do you all enter in the workout though??
  • gershko
    Options
    I'm joining you guys! Just joined myfitnesspal, so I will be doing Day 1 30 day shred later tonight! Will check back tomorrow.