Can you LOSE 50+ pounds by July 1st? CHALLENGE!!!

Options

Replies

• laurasknits
    Options
    here is my info had a very busy day yesturday with work and everything. Looking forward to doing this I really need the motivation to stay on track good luck everyone

laura

Screen Name: laurasknits
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 263.5
    Goal by July 1st, 2011: 50 ibs or more
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: to be able to move better and live a better life
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: exercise 5 times a week and eat right no fastfood
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    Screen name xweerachceex
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 182 pounds
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 50 pounds
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds? So I can go on holiday and enjoy how I look and feel and to get fit and healthy
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds? To start off eating controlled amounts weight waters meals ect eat fruit try do jm DVDs 5/6 times a week water water water
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Screen Name: bk2011
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 188
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): somewhere between 130-140
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: to be healthy and to feel sexy again (my profile pic is me PRE-BABY...but my baby is now 15 months old and the baby weight has to go)!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: 1200 calories a day, limited carbs, limited sweets (my weakness). My original exercise plans for Jan are 30 day shred, kettlebell workouts, treadmill incline workouts.
  • hopeforus
    hopeforus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: hopeforus
    Starting Weight: 223
    Goal by July 1st, 2011: 170 - 53lbs
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds: I am tired of being tired! Also, I want to get healthy and be able to keep up with my kids!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds? : 1200 calories, focusing on "real food"; 35 grams a fiber daily, water, water water and treadmill daily.
  • kcarlson22
    kcarlson22 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Count me in! i NEED THE MOTIVATION.

Screen Name: kcarlson22
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 190
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 140
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to reduce my risks for diabetes since it runs in my family , reduce back pain and look great in my bikini again!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: 1200 cal/day try my best to "eat clean" (lean protein, lots of vegetables, 2 servings of complex carbs limited refined sugars) 30 min cardio exercise/dance 4x/week and try to do something active everyday even if just walking.
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephani - i am in !!

Screen Name: Mekhala
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 276
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 226
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I no longer want to be fat - i am scared for my health, increased risk of cancer and diabetes - all the nice stuff!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Slimming world classes , 3 sessions of c5k a week and a bike ride a week.

just reposting- x
  • Jillk1023
    Jillk1023 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great way to lose those unwanted, unhealthy pounds, I am in..

sorry i was a day late, i was out of town on the 1st so this is my check in. thanks

SCREEN NAME: jillk1023

STARTING WEIGHT: 146.5 1/2/11 yahoo lost 1.5 pounds since my weigh in on 12/30/10. this is awesome!!

GOAL BY 7/1/11: 125 (actually this is my goal by 4/30/11)

WHY DO YOU WANT TO LOSE 50#+: I have already lost 30 # and i feel awesome, i feel healthy, i feel sexy and i want to continue to feeling this way, and i know if i lose the 23 # (goal weight) i will even feel better.

WHAT ARE YOUR EATING & EXERCISING PLANS TO LOSE 50#+: plans are to keep eating clean like i have been, alot of fruits & veggies, keep my proteinand fiber intake high and to increase the intensity of my workouts 6/7 days a week.. I go to bootcamp every Sat. and the workout is awesome so this helps me a great deal!
  • 2LiveAgain
    Options
    I know I'm a day late, but can I still join? I'm in another one that runs til June so I'd love to join this one too!

Screen Name: funlovingirl
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 344.8
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 294
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: For my kids, so I can do more things with them and have fun with my family, to feel good about myself when I look in the mirror, to avoid all the things you get from being overweight, and to be able to shop anywhere I want!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Eat 1500 calories or less a day, and exercise for at least 45 minutes 5 days a week!!
  • alpha2eyes
    Options
    Screen Name: Alpha2eyes
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 234.6
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 174.6
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: For health reasons to start but I want to take control of my life and my food choices. And I'm sick of being overweight and the fat girl.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I am going to be incorporating zumba and kickboxing into my busy schedule. I also plan on doing portion control and nothing fried or greasy.
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    reposting! COunt me in!

Screen Name: HealthyEscape
    Starting Weight: 238
    Goal by July 1st, 2011: -50lbs (188lbs)
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I'm tired of lugging around dead weight! I want to be able to sit comfortably without feeling every roll around my tummy. I want to be healthier and be able to jog for miles and feel more comfortable in my own skin. I want to avoid getting diabeties and other weight related health problems.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I am planning more balanced meals and incorporating more fruits and veggies to help fill me up. As far as exercise, we have a home gym and a gym membership so there is no excuse not to work out. I plan on doing 30 Day Shred, Zumba (both in class and on the WII) and throwing in a yoga class 1x a week for mind/body/soul connection!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    NAME: KIZZY
    HEIGHT: 4'8"
    WEIGHT: 177

Exercise goals this week:

JAN 1 -Sat-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX AND WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

JAN 2 -Sun-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEP, GEORGE WALK N BOX

JAN 3 -Mon-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, @ JMS VIDEO (FORGOT THE NAME)

JAN 4 -Tues-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, @ GEORGE WALK N BOX

JAN 5 -Wed-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS

JAN 6 -Thurs-JILLIAN MICHAELS VIDEO FORGOT THE NAME, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, JACKIE WARNER WORKOUT

JAN 7 -Fri-JILLIAN MICHAELS CARDIO KICKBOX, WALK @ LEAST 5000 STEPS, GEORGE FOREMAN WALK N BOX

Nutritional goals this week:

-NO FRENCH FRIES

-NO MUSHROOM N SWISS BURGER/SNACK WRAP

-Log all food every day.

-Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday.

-Stay between 1200 - 1500 calories everyday

-BEVERAGE OF CHOICE: ONLY WATER AND GREEN TEA

I haven't done any of these since i been out of town visiting my aunt since dec 31st...so i will be marathoning it til i get caught up to today's workouts. I also need to plug in my bodybugg when i get home and upload the info there to see how many more steps i need to walk to catch up to 15,000 steps. Like I said I want to do @ least 5000 steps a day and I'm pretty sure I haven't done all 5000 steps a day...but i do know that i've walked @ least some
  • Vscrazy
    Options
    Hey guys, hope i'm not too late!!!!!! Was a crazy weekend, that's for sure!

Anyway, here's my stuff:

Screen Name: Vscrazy
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 233.4
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 50 lbs sounds good to me :) no more 200's! Lets do it!
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I'm sick and tired of looking at myself and being disgusted. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin again! (Plus i'm going to FL in the spring :D)
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Continue with MFP's goal of 1300 cal/day, work out 5 days a week of at least an hour.

Here's a little secret though... I've always weighed in on Tuesdays and I don't really wanna change that so I'll just be posting Tuesdays weight on Saturdays. :D

I cannot wait for all the motivation and support I see coming from everyone! Let's do this guys! One decision at a time!
  • SimonsGirl
    Options
    Im in! :bigsmile:
    Screen Name: SimonsGirl
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 193 lbs
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 140lbs!:happy::bigsmile: :happy:
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: to be closer to my goal weight, and to be at this weight for the first time in 10 years

What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Low calorie foods and mainly vegetarian foods, Everything I can, its hard to say but atm I'm doing yourshape, running 30 day shred, pu**y cat dolls dance dvd and anything else really
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! How was your weekend? Im so ready to start 2011 off right. I will post our first chart tonight.
  • Steffi330
    Steffi330 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy Lets get this party started!!!!
  • lindseyfalcon
    Options
    Today is Monday 1/3/11 and I'm so glad to get started today. My goal is to go to the gym 3 times and try walking/running 2 miles 3x also a week also. I would like to lose 15 lbs from now till my birthday in March. SW is 150, My GW, 120/125 by July. So, I kind of have two goals I'm wanting to go for.
  • mbmb1
    mbmb1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Can I still join in? User name is mbmb1. Start wt today is. 243 ugh up ten pounds sine sept 1
    Entered bariatric wt loss program last month so have to loose to content eligibility...still on the fence about doing it so maybe this group approach will help keep me accountable! Let's hope so!
    First time joining so it's all new to me to talk like this so bear w me! Thanks in advance
  • mbmb1
    mbmb1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Can I still join in? User name is mbmb1. Start wt today is. 243 ugh up ten pounds sine sept 1
    Entered bariatric wt loss program last month so have to loose to content eligibility...still on the fence about doing it so maybe this group approach will help keep me accountable! Let's hope so!
    First time joining so it's all new to me to talk like this so bear w me! Thanks in advance
  • wowzer
    wowzer Posts: 18
    Options
    A couple of days late and a few pounds short:

Start wt: 305
    July 1 wt: 250
    Walking, running, water
    Going totally veggie!
  • shells22
    shells22 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would so love to join this family!! <3 My name is Shelly and I pray it's not too late to join!

Screen Name: Shells22

Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 230

Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 180

Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to be healthier and not be a potential candidate for diabetes and possibly die sooner than expected. I want to have the ability to have a baby in my future and feel alive. I don't want to feel this way anymore.

What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: 1350 cal/day . I joined a gym by my work and also go with my boyfriend to his gym. I will be taking cardio classes and walking my dog to keep her healthy. EVERY STEP COUNTS!