Agree to Disagree and Move On...don't get hostile to posters

Options

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    *goes off to read prior thread*

Okay, I'm back.

Asking for proof or clarification for the information offered = rude ?
    Disagreeing = rude ?
    Trying to correct wrong information = rude?

I saw no rudeness or hostility in the thread at all.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    9b242f4fe363e72f37e077dd8f5ffd2c.jpg
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You know, the more I try to answer questions on these forums the less desire I have to do it, too.

But it's mostly because I'm tired of being called a mean, hostile, ignorant, negative, bully, troll.

Every single helpful poster on these forums is labeled as a mean person eventually.

So keep fighting the good fight and get us mean people off of your boards.

I'll be looking for a good plateau thread to post in. There should be 80 or 90 of them to choose from by now.
  • FraggleRockerFitnessLover
    Options
    more-cowbell-o.gif

This never gets old to watch, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mrmwa32Z0v1ql4e6oo4_250.gif
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    There is a strong difference between people having a difference of opinion, and correcting people who are wrong.

If someone is running around posting crap advice (like the woman saying VLCD diets were just fine a few days ago), it is not an "attitude" when people called her out on it.

Me saying that pineapple is gross, and someone saying that it's divine, is a difference of opinions. If I, or the other poster, got hostile with "you're just a damn moron!" type of comments, that would be over the line. Although, pineapple is gross.

Perhaps, if you want to discuss people playing nice and "checking their attitudes" you should not create such a hostile first post.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    *goes off to read prior thread*

Okay, I'm back.

Asking for proof or clarification for the information offered = rude ?
    Disagreeing = rude ?
    Trying to correct wrong information = rude?

I saw no rudeness or hostility in the thread at all.

What I've learned on MFP: People who can't support their opinions believe anyone that asks them to, or offers a different opinion (especially when that opinion comes with citations and research) are just big mean poopy heads who just get off on being meanies to people.

:huh:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    In for the Popcorn
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Is this you agreeing to disagree, or moving on?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Is this you agreeing to disagree, or moving on?

:laugh:
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think I'm the only who's discovered the "Ignore user" function that exists under every person's avatar in every post they make.

Use it and move on -- the quality of your life on MFP will improve dramatically.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    enough-internet-cat.gif

tumblr_mwzxidB7dX1splwcko1_500.gif
  • IHateThinkingOfAUsername
    Options
    What gets me about internet forums, not just here, is when someone posts a 'question' and then goes in an *kitten* over the replies. They don't really want answers, they just want someone to agree with them.
    you-know-im-right.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    What gets me about internet forums, not just here, is when someone posts a 'question' and then goes in an *kitten* over the replies. They don't really want answers, they just want someone to agree with them.
    you-know-im-right.gif

Yup. If you don't agree with them, you're mean and not supportive.

OP - Ridiculous post is ridiculous.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I would argue there's no such thing as an accidental troll.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    You know, the more I try to answer questions on these forums the less desire I have to do it, too.

But it's mostly because I'm tired of being called a mean, hostile, ignorant, negative, bully, troll.

Every single helpful poster on these forums is labeled as a mean person eventually.

So keep fighting the good fight and get us mean people off of your boards.

I'll be looking for a good plateau thread to post in. There should be 80 or 90 of them to choose from by now.

^^ This. I just ended up putting helpful advice on my profile because I got tired of explaining in 50 billion threads how to lose weight at a proper rate and/or why you can eat at night and/or why diet pills are only a short-term fix. It's only met with hostility and I end up having to type the same thing over and over again just to try to get it through to people. I also just end up adding the people who really want advice so I can help them along.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    tigerpalm.jpg
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    There is a strong difference between people having a difference of opinion, and correcting people who are wrong.

If someone is running around posting crap advice (like the woman saying VLCD diets were just fine a few days ago), it is not an "attitude" when people called her out on it.

Me saying that pineapple is gross, and someone saying that it's divine, is a difference of opinions. If I, or the other poster, got hostile with "you're just a damn moron!" type of comments, that would be over the line. Although, pineapple is gross.

Perhaps, if you want to discuss people playing nice and "checking their attitudes" you should not create such a hostile first post.

You are a heathen and I shall oppose you're lies and vitriol 'til the end of days!:angry:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I was viewing OP's post history, attempting to figure out where this came from. My guess is the HRM thread. That said, I find it rather amusing that OP gave exactly opposite advice a couple of weeks ago. Did OP agree to disagree with herself?