• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    LOLwut?

:huh:
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I've been an @sshat without even realizing I've been an @sshat. Most commonly, I just don't realize certain words or wording can trigger a hostile response in someone who feels I'm being an @sshat. And yes, I'm working on that.

Whether I've triggered someone into being an @sshole, or they're simply an @sshat to begin with, I simply block them. There's no use, imo, engaging with a person with whom you can not get along. With some ppl I may try to achieve common ground via conversation but, as stated by OP, too many ppl feel it's a personal attack on themselves if you disagree with their opinion. I'm strongly opinionated but do not think that the entire world needs to share my opinion or be wrong. There's also the ppl who think you deserve to be bashed if you speak certain opinions. I actually saw one woman write that if you say such and such will give you cancer you deserve to be bashed.

"...deserve to be bashed." This is what is wrong with our world. No one "deserves" to be bullied for holding a different belief.

Unless you believe in man-boy love; then bring me my bat. :tongue:
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    In for inadvertent trolling. Because you can totally do that.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

If the assignment is real I demand you include this picture. Prominently. Possibly as the cover sheet...

Dont forget Godwins Law

4089738+_1c1c45557b77bb52182873f745979fd7.gif

Please include this as well. Hitler holding a pineapple. Your "professor" will be fascinated at the results of this groundbreaking study.

Honestly the cat pineapple helmet experiment sounds like more scholarly research and possibly deserving of a grant...

Here, I'll help.

little-nicky-hitler-scene-o.gif
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    eTA9j8p.jpeg

Solid. Do.
  • Sun_Wukong
    Sun_Wukong Posts: 131
    Options
    OP is the one on the left and apparently the so-called meanies are on the right, I think this gif demonstrates how this thread (so called experiment) really went...

xNbgwQB.gif

you will notice OP trys to trip up/shove readers in a certain direction but ended up getting wrecked by their poor ability at misdirection and ironically hit a post. I think the gif is an appropriate metaphor.
  • TR0berts
    Options
    What the eyes cannot unsee...

Googling for a cheetah/pineapple pic....

81069070.jpg

I win don't I? :laugh:

No. Those are leopard spots, not cheetah spots.
  • TR0berts
    Options
    This gif could also be counted as a pineapple gif.

giphy.gif

Are you sure - after his recent internet/instagram/tweeting disasters - that James Franco gifs are the way to go?

:laugh:
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

tumblr_n4rq36Ho6J1qdlh1io1_400.gif

It's too bad some people don't believe science because it's cool

I've been staring at this cheetah for so long, I don't even remember what this thread was about.

LOL I'm with you on this one. I actually remember the National Geography episode on which this was featured. So fascinating!! For the record (I think), that impala got away. Cheetahs (and tigers and all other cats) expend SO MUCH energy within seconds with that sprint to a point that they almost starve to death.

No they can't starve to death because starvation mode makes them hold on to all their fat :angry:

lol not so true for cats...but at the end they would die if they've gone too long without food or don't have enough energy to chase after another prey. According to NG, the dead cats turn into vulture food.

If I remember correctly from an animal nutrition course I took when working on my M.S. in Animal Behavior cats can go into ketoacidosis very easily if they do not eat enough and I think that goes for big cats as well. I can't find my text book though to verify that so just going by memory.
  • Sun_Wukong
    Sun_Wukong Posts: 131
    Options
    RESEARCH PROJECT: Post a comment on social media simply asking people to be nice in posts to others.
    SUSPECTED OUTCOME: Majority of posts will be negative. Results checked after 50 posts.

OUTCOME: 14% POSITIVE COMMENTS
    68% NEGATIVE COMMENTS
    18% INDETERMINATE

Thank you for proving my point. And to all the positive posters, don't stop what you're doing. ;-)
    You trolled people, basically told others how to behave (flame baiting) on a public forum and somehow you expected a different result?

5CI1g7D.jpg
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

I've been staring at this cheetah for so long, I don't even remember what this thread was about.

I was looking at this wondering if I grew a tail, could I catch the 9 year old who passed me in the last 5k? Probably not, but there may be a tailless cow around these parts REAL soon. Science or not, duct tape or staple gun?!? Decisions, decisions.....
  • takingitdaybyday
    takingitdaybyday Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I respect and rely on those who are dedicated users of this site. I appreciate all help and motiviation / support. My current struggle is with how do I keep from eating on the drive home. I know that a meal is wating for me, but I still feel the need to grab food for the drive. It is an hour long. Not sure if it is just habit, boredom, or what, but I imagine that I consume all most 1k calories driving home.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

LOL I'm with you on this one. I actually remember the National Geography episode on which this was featured. So fascinating!! For the record (I think), that impala got away. Cheetahs (and tigers and all other cats) expend SO MUCH energy within seconds with that sprint to a point that they almost starve to death.

No they can't starve to death because starvation mode makes them hold on to all their fat :angry:

lol not so true for cats...but at the end they would die if they've gone too long without food or don't have enough energy to chase after another prey. According to NG, the dead cats turn into vulture food.

If I remember correctly from an animal nutrition course I took when working on my M.S. in Animal Behavior cats can go into ketoacidosis very easily if they do not eat enough and I think that goes for big cats as well. I can't find my text book though to verify that so just going by memory.

*headdesk*
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    happy-pineapple-cat.jpg
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    RESEARCH PROJECT: Post a comment on social media simply asking people to be nice in posts to others.
    SUSPECTED OUTCOME: Majority of posts will be negative. Results checked after 50 posts.

68% NEGATIVE COMMENTS
    18% INDETERMINATE

Thank you for proving my point. And to all the positive posters, don't stop what you're doing. ;-)

"I simply asked people to be nice! By starting with 'check your attitude'."

Also, as a 54-year-old woman, shouldn't you know better? Shouldn't you have the self-respect to take ownership of your behavior? Shouldn't you be able to recognize where you have instigated the inflammatory nature of an incident?

I hope that you reflect on this debacle, and improve yourself.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

68% NEGATIVE COMMENTS
    18% INDETERMINATE

I'm not sure what you think your point is, as the objective listed above in no way resembles your actual post. But you seem less about facts and more about thinking you are right no matter what, so: Woooo! Yay girl! Muscle weighs more than fat! You keep doing you!

I'd like to mention 'You keep doing you!" is such a good quote; truly on of my favorites. REAL TALK: This is no way an opinion of OP's opinion or the opinion of other people's opinions. That is all.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Does this one count?
    182hn.jpg
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I respect and rely on those who are dedicated users of this site. I appreciate all help and motiviation / support. My current struggle is with how do I keep from eating on the drive home. I know that a meal is wating for me, but I still feel the need to grab food for the drive. It is an hour long. Not sure if it is just habit, boredom, or what, but I imagine that I consume all most 1k calories driving home.
    Celery? Sip water? Gum? Or just stop doing it. Hard, yes, but doable.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

68% NEGATIVE COMMENTS
    18% INDETERMINATE

"I simply asked people to be nice! By starting with 'check your attitude'."

Also, as a 54-year-old woman, shouldn't you know better? Shouldn't you have the self-respect to take ownership of your behavior? Shouldn't you be able to recognize where you have instigated the inflammatory nature of an incident?

I hope that you reflect on this debacle, and improve yourself.

I'd bet she doesn't (if this research paper is real). It'll probably reflect her in regards to how she went about pushing for a biased reaction with this thread.