I JUST WANT SOME CHOCOLAAAAAATE

Options
It's true. That's all I really want right now.....

Instead of heading to the kitchen though, I'm going to talk to you fine people instead. :)

What's up on this lovely Monday evening?

Replies

• Emporor_Augustus
    Options
    Good job on resisting the chocolate! Keep up the good work, you're making a great decision for yourself in the long run :)

Besides if you don't eat chocolate now, you'll want it a little less next time. And even less the time after that. Pretty soon it'll barely be a thought in your mind and after a while you'll nibble on some and realize it's way too sweet and you won't even want it anymore. You're on your way there! :)
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm so not the right person to talk about that to! I eat chocolate. A lot of chocolate.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Dudes, just have a small piece of chocolate. A Dove Promise is 44 calories, what's the big deal?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Okay. So have some chocolate.

Did you have a question we can help you with...or something?
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    It's true. That's all I really want right now.....Instead of heading to the kitchen though, I'm going to talk to you fine people instead. :)

What's up on this lovely Monday evening?

Sounds like me. I tell myself I'm not eating chocolate. Then it's all over the place. Including the 2-pound box that a family member gave me for Christmas (and I shared with family).
  • Emporor_Augustus
    Options
    Dudes, just have a small piece of chocolate. A Dove Promise is 44 calories, what's the big deal?
    You're right, there's nothing inherently wrong with eating a small piece of chocolate, if you just eat the one piece and that's it. However, hear out my logic for why you shouldn't eat it right now.

Of course cheats are okay. We'd probably go insane without them. But a cheat shouldn't be used as a flimsy justification to give up on the thing you're trying to accomplish (presumably weight loss). The cheat should be a reward, a treat for yourself, something you EARN. If you just give up and have a "cheat" every time your willpower is low, you'll never get to where you want to be. If you can get through tonight with no chocolate, that's a win for you. If tomorrow you eat nice and clean and maybe do a workout, then REWARD yourself with the chocolate.

Does that make sense?
  • Emporor_Augustus
    Options
    Also, to all the people in here saying, "Just eat chocolate" -- isn't that kind of a defeatist attitude in a forum called General Diet and Weight LOSS Help?
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Have it(singular)
    Log it
    Work it off!

Good luck
  • HaraldurB
    HaraldurB Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with having it if you can fit it into your daily calorie goal :smile:
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Also, to all the people in here saying, "Just eat chocolate" -- isn't that kind of a defeatist attitude in a forum called General Diet and Weight LOSS Help?

Not really. Not at all, I'd say. There's nothing defeatist about realizing you want something and then eating it. I hate the idea of "cheat" days or meals or treats, because that really sets you up to believe certain foods are evil and dangerous and you have to RESIST!! or you'll get fat again, which is an unhealthy relationship to have with food.

You want chocolate? Cool. Plan for it, eat it, log it, move on with your life. I eat chocolate all the time. I eat a lot of junk, actually. But I know my TDEE, my calorie goals and my macros, and I haven't had a single no loss week since I started losing. Balance is more important than ANYTHING else in weight loss. It'll never stay off otherwise.
  • haleeloses
    haleeloses Posts: 24
    Options
    Okay. So have some chocolate.

Did you have a question we can help you with...or something?

Why does there always have to be a smartass? If you don't like my thread just leave dude. Just new here, trying to make some friends.
  • haleeloses
    Options

Not really. Not at all, I'd say. There's nothing defeatist about realizing you want something and then eating it. I hate the idea of "cheat" days or meals or treats, because that really sets you up to believe certain foods are evil and dangerous and you have to RESIST!! or you'll get fat again, which is an unhealthy relationship to have with food.

You want chocolate? Cool. Plan for it, eat it, log it, move on with your life. I eat chocolate all the time. I eat a lot of junk, actually. But I know my TDEE, my calorie goals and my macros, and I haven't had a single no loss week since I started losing. Balance is more important than ANYTHING else in weight loss. It'll never stay off otherwise.

I have to plan my sweets. I just can't go and eat a piece of anything sweet right now because then maybe I won't stop LOL...so yes, I do so much better when I plan.
  • haleeloses
    Options

Sounds like me. I tell myself I'm not eating chocolate. Then it's all over the place. Including the 2-pound box that a family member gave me for Christmas (and I shared with family).

LOL LOL that is so me...that is why I'm avoiding the kitchen altogether! I can't stop with just a handful of chocolate chips...because it turns in to 52 handfuls...
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    UNEh2M3.jpg

Craving guide, this is priceless information. But it can be yours for $19.95 plus $2.50 S&H.
  • haleeloses
    Options
    Good job on resisting the chocolate! Keep up the good work, you're making a great decision for yourself in the long run :)

Besides if you don't eat chocolate now, you'll want it a little less next time. And even less the time after that. Pretty soon it'll barely be a thought in your mind and after a while you'll nibble on some and realize it's way too sweet and you won't even want it anymore. You're on your way there! :)

You are so sweet. And you're right...the longer you can resist, the more disciplined you become :)))
  • haleeloses
    Options
    LOL OMG where do I send the money???? :)
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options

I have to plan my sweets. I just can't go and eat a piece of anything sweet right now because then maybe I won't stop LOL...so yes, I do so much better when I plan.

And that's totally cool! I get where you're coming from - end of the day, everything's already been planned, today was supposed to be a good strong deficit and you're just like "oh one bowl of gelato wouldn't hurt." Totally been there. I was just weighing in on the omnipresent argument on to cheat or not to cheat :]

Personally, I just had my last meal of the day and I have some wiggle room to play with, but I'm trying to decide if I want popcorn or a popsicle more. Hmmm. Maybe I'll just cross stitch or something instead.
  • jlowrance0912
    Options
    I know how hard that is....I have such low control that if I don't resist it, I'll binge on it. So that's why you have company this fine Monday evening. :laugh:
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You're right, there's nothing inherently wrong with eating a small piece of chocolate, if you just eat the one piece and that's it. However, hear out my logic for why you shouldn't eat it right now.

Of course cheats are okay. We'd probably go insane without them. But a cheat shouldn't be used as a flimsy justification to give up on the thing you're trying to accomplish (presumably weight loss). The cheat should be a reward, a treat for yourself, something you EARN. If you just give up and have a "cheat" every time your willpower is low, you'll never get to where you want to be. If you can get through tonight with no chocolate, that's a win for you. If tomorrow you eat nice and clean and maybe do a workout, then REWARD yourself with the chocolate.

Does that make sense?

Something that fits into your calorie and macro goals is by definition, NOT a "cheat".
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options

Does that make sense?

No, it doesn't make sense. It's not "cheating" when I eat chocolate. It fits in my calorie goals, it's delicious. It is actually helping me reach my goal to lose weight, just like the salad I ate before the chocolate. See- I eat things I like, stay at my calorie goal, and lose weight! I work out to be strong, I eat to fuel my workout. I am not a dog, I don't need to reward myself with food. That is so weird to me.

ETA: I agree with others that planning is key! So...plan for some chocolate tomorrow :)