I challenge you to lose 5 Pounds This Month January 2011

Options

Replies

• tpeterson1205
    Options
    I'm in! My wedding is 04/16/2011 and I want to look my best. 5lbs down is a good start!

01/03 - 144.6
    GW 139.6
  • karenharrup
    karenharrup Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am loving the challenge - have only just joined the site but it looks like there is going to be lots of support so I am up for it. Challenge accepted :smile:
  • katf42
    katf42 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. I lost 26 pounds last year and then in the last 2 months of the year packed 12 back on. I really need to refocus. Maybe this will help.

Jan 3 185.2
  • beenyweeny
    Options
    YAY I think its time for a challenge!

Jan 3 SW: 115

Jan 30 EW: ???
  • slansdown
    Options
    Weighed in today. 221.4. Yay me.
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Okay ready to start the New Year. I began on the 10th of January last year and have been doing pretty good. But I need to focus again. I must be a slow learner, I keep thinking I can do this alone...wrong!.
    So I've been reading past posts....I'm confused. Is my 'puter acting up? What does " an class="strong">5an> lbs." mean? I've tried copying it, linking it and nothing. I don't understand what I'm reading.
    Thanks for the help.
    Jacque
  • ifychudy
    ifychudy Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am getting closer to onderland!! Just hope I didn't mess it up. Am so close
    1/1
    203lbs
    1/3
    1/17---
    1/31--

1071396.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    wow, 6 pages already!

Hi everyone,

I was not able to sign in while at my sister's place for the holidays, and oh man did I blow it! Scale says I am up 10 lbs :sad: can I gain that much in one week? Well in any case, now I am back in town and I hope to get back into the groove quickly. I went to the store today and stocked up on loads of veggies! I have set the bar high with my New Years goals and for once they are not weight goals, but other things that I can start working on. I think I have come to terms with the fact that I will be a bit heavier during the winter months. But as long as I can shrink back down during the summer all should be well in my world. I would love to see 140 by my birthday. If I really lose 5 lbs a month I will be on track to see that happen.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday, here is to all the work we have ahead of us! :drinker: Happy New Year
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Okay ready to start the New Year. I began on the 10th of January last year and have been doing pretty good. But I need to focus again. I must be a slow learner, I keep thinking I can do this alone...wrong!.
    So I've been reading past posts....I'm confused. Is my 'puter acting up? What does " an class="strong">5an> lbs." mean? I've tried copying it, linking it and nothing. I don't understand what I'm reading.
    Thanks for the help.
    Jacque

Mine did this for about a day one time I Don't know what i did to fix it but try refreshing the page or restarting your computer..
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone so far so good today : ) I am just about to exercise on my wii so i will be getting my workout intoday : ) I will see about those lunges I will try and Im feeling motivated.

The 150's have been knocking on my door and It would be amazing if they could stick around this week! This morning I weighed in at 158.4 which is over a pound down from my SW so I will work extra hard all week to keep that number or maybe a better one lol : )
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I want to reach my goal weight of 140 by Mother's Day,

My starting weight is:

1-1-11 -- 162.

Good luck everyone. :flowerforyou:

1-8-11 --

1-15-11 --

1-22-11 --

1-29-11 --
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I like these chaallenges:

Jan 3rd - 181
    Jan 10th
    Jan 17th
    Jan 24th
    Jan 31st
  • maytanewfie
    Options
    I'm in, It's only 3 days into the month, so that isn't too bad. Weight this morning...217 (ugh) I expect some of that is water from too much sodium over the weekend. We will know in a few days. One of my things I have to do this year is log my food AND participate in at least one discussion a day and one challenge a month. I'm hoping that will help keep my head in the game.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am! Let's do this!
    Just weighed in Saturday 1/1/11 = 286 lbs
    Holy Crap, can't believe I posted that in public...my highest weight ever! :explode:
  • katebjones
    katebjones Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im in! I am a bridesmaid in a wedding coming up in march.. i want to look good for that.. and need to get back to the gym! I will have my official start weight tonight after i buy a new scale.
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    Jan 1: 161

This is a two pound gain since Dec 1st. Blame it on lack of exercise and the holiday. I bought new sneakers (Shape Ups) and plan on walking or working on eliptical daily. My initial mini goal was to be 155 by Jan 22, I am working to get to a healthy BMI, seeing that I fall in Overweight is motivation enough. Good luck everyone!
    Not sure how this will work, do we post updates weekly? Looking for support and motivation to keep this going, please friend me..

CW: 161 BMI: 27
    1st GW: 155 BMI 26 (by Jan 22)

WARNING:
    I loved my Shape Ups sneakers (at first) saw results in a few weeks and loved the way my legs looked! Even got the sandal kind also. BUT now I have knee issues which my Dr blamed on the shoes. Don't run in them and make sure you walk straight so your knees don't get tweaked. :flowerforyou: Just trying to help!
  • izzy214
    izzy214 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hi Terri.....Happy New Year! and Congrats on your 20 pound loss.
    I will take the 5 pound challenge with you, I need something to get me motivated.
    My New Years Resolution is to lose 2 pounds per week. I am on my first day of
    cutting back and trying to get things in order to succeed. I have done pretty good for the first day.
    I am taking small steps to make life style changes and I need all the help I can get. If you need
    a buddy to give you a push or a pep talk; let me know. Here is to a New Exciting
    year and good Luck.

Izzy
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    oops forgot the most important part! hehehe

Jan 3...............160.2
    Jan 10
    Jan17
    Jan24
    Jan 31
  • jelezzierose
    jelezzierose Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    me too.... ME TOO!!! :)
  • debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Start weight on January 1st was 192. Good luck everyone!