up 6 pounds in 2 weeks...what could it be ?

Options

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to your concern. But as far as my observation goes on myself and some people I know of, our weight can dip to the lowest point some time after a restricting period of eating/exercisting but then it goes back up right away. Were you at 138 for quite some time or just that day or a few days around it?
  • cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to your concern. But as far as my observation goes on myself and some people I know of, our weight can dip to the lowest point some time after a restricting period of eating/exercisting but then it goes back up right away. Were you at 138 for quite some time or just that day or a few days around it?

I have been at 138-139 or 140 for over a year and again I always eat the same portions and exercise the same....thanks
  • Iconx11
    Iconx11 Posts: 33
    Options
    Lmao That sounded like something from Blues Clues
  • cvcman
    Options
    so.....if its water weight how long before its gone and how best to get rid of it to prove it is ?
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    so.....if its water weight how long before its gone and how best to get rid of it to prove it is ?
    You're a man who averages 1300-1400 calories daily and are having what seems like a tremendous amount of anxiety over going from 138 to 144 pounds. This is not a healthy mindset. I really hope you're trolling, but if you're not, you need to think about seeing a therapist.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

You are near or at goal weight, correct? What is the obsession over the number, nobody knows the number but you.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

I have been at 138-139 or 140 for over a year and again I always eat the same portions and exercise the same....thanks

I see...My weight has been very stable as well until I started doing insanity a month ago, it went up a few pounds which annoyed me so much but I haven't weighed myself since...my clothes still fit the same and my back and arms look way leaner...maybe just forget about it and keep doing what you do for another few weeks? you do have to watch out what you eat though...which you already do based on my understanding...
  • cvcman
    Options

You are near or at goal weight, correct? What is the obsession over the number, nobody knows the number but you.

I guess its just kinda my thing...
  • cvcman
    Options
    You're a man who averages 1300-1400 calories daily and are having what seems like a tremendous amount of anxiety over going from 138 to 144 pounds. This is not a healthy mindset. I really hope you're trolling, but if you're not, you need to think about seeing a therapist.

Trolling...not hardly....with all the hard work i do to stay at the weight I like...well guess you dont understand
  • cvcman
    Options

I just called a therapist,,,,he said to stay away from you,,,,,,:) I hope you are "trolling"
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

I just called a therapist,,,,he said to stay away from you,,,,,,:) I hope you are "trolling"

You are rude and defensive. Why?

What is it you want to hear from a bunch of internet people?

I also agree that you seem stuck on a number on the scale, all the while eating pretty low calories for your gender and activity level. It seems to me you indeed do have disordered thoughts around the number on the scale, which means you should talk to a professional. Nothing wrong with that at all.

it's actually normal for weight to fluctuate. We don't know why your weight is fluctuating, but we can offer suggestions. We also don't know how long it will take you to get rid of your water retention. It could be a few weeks, a day, a month, who knows?

I encourage you to step away from the scale for awhile and not worry about the number and pay attention to how your clothes fit. You sound like you have the eating down to the way you want it and that you are plenty active.

Oh, by the way, have you tried Sidesteel and Sara's Eat, Train, Progress in the groups area? They are terrific at figuring out what is going on.

In any event, the best of luck to you.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

Well. Since you don't think it's from exercising or eating extra sodium, the only way to get rid of it would be to cut out your ovaries. Dem ovaries do funny things to water weight.
  • histdd
    histdd Posts: 1
    Options
    Weight change like that could ONLY be water. Are you weighing yourself at the same time each day?
  • cvcman
    Options
    Weight change like that could ONLY be water. Are you weighing yourself at the same time each day?
    [/quot

Funny. Hahaha
  • cvcman
    Options

Geez I don't know why I would sound that way when someone makes an idiotic rude comment

You are rude and defensive. Why?

What is it you want to hear from a bunch of internet people?

I also agree that you seem stuck on a number on the scale, all the while eating pretty low calories for your gender and activity level. It seems to me you indeed do have disordered thoughts around the number on the scale, which means you should talk to a professional. Nothing wrong with that at all.

it's actually normal for weight to fluctuate. We don't know why your weight is fluctuating, but we can offer suggestions. We also don't know how long it will take you to get rid of your water retention. It could be a few weeks, a day, a month, who knows?

I encourage you to step away from the scale for awhile and not worry about the number and pay attention to how your clothes fit. You sound like you have the eating down to the way you want it and that you are plenty active.

Oh, by the way, have you tried Sidesteel and Sara's Eat, Train, Progress in the groups area? They are terrific at figuring out what is going on.

In any event, the best of luck to you.
  • cvcman
    Options
    huh I was at 141 this morning so down 3 pounds...must be water weight,,,,why didnt you guys say so :)
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Most likely water. Have you increased your carb intake recently? Could be increased glycogen storage in muscles, glycogen holds a lot of water.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    all the food you are eating?
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    naaa im not sure thats it.....I was doing it a yr ago too and didnt spike up...this bums me big time....I told the wife im ready to just bag it and eat what I want when I want and do my exercise and forget the scale..I dont notice my pants any tighter....for the last 6 or 8 weeks ive been cheating on Thursdays and eating a couple slices of pizza with a small bag of doritos...also eating a couple brownies after my morning workout and a bunch of cashews after lunch and pretzles with my wine after supper...

but the following week my weight was still under 140....ugggggg....

Quit telling people the advice that you asked for is wrong. Do you understand how obnoxious that is? Seriously, what do you want to hear? That it's a medical condition and if you see a doctor about it you'll be given medication that'll just melt the weight off so you never have to work out again?

Quit trying to turn this into a fight because I dont agree with an opinion...AGAIN for 4 yrs ive eaten the same things, same proportions, exercised the same...mixed it up etc...my weight has ALWAYS been stable....now in one week im up almost 6 pounds...now why this week is it water and ive done nothing different.....
    so you are a medical mystery, is that what you are hoping to hear?
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options

you are male and weigh 140? I hope you are very short!! I thought you have cheat days? Then you don't always eat the same.