Replies

• MsTru2U
    MsTru2U Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Tell your family to go kick rocks!! You look great!:flowerforyou:
  • AvesArdens
    AvesArdens Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this has been suggested, but if possible I'd say you should pop into your doctor's office (if that is feasible for you) and get them to second you on this one. Your family needs a reality check, and it sounds like they are too full of themselves to take it from anyone without a phD.
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    There is some hating going on. You look fantastic!
  • 2011Eileen
    2011Eileen Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You worked hard at your weight loss, and you look totally amazing.
    You feel good, that is what matters. Hoping your family will accept
    it in time.

I feel so sad that your family has responded this way to you.
  • smokinbarista
    Options
    You look incredible!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I think that either they are delusional, or that you need ab etter camera for your Skyping because you look fantastic and that's just crazy talk. Ignore them, you look very healthy. I hope to look like that soon!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You look great, not too thin at all! I get that too, that my face is so "skinny" (not the rest of me, just my face) and I have 66 pounds to get to goal and my goal is still in the overweight range (goal given to me by my surgeon who says 160 is my ideal weight for 5'7" and 58 years old). I will stop losing when I am happy with my weight, not when someone else says I'm done. You are at a healthy weight and it sounds to me like your family is either jealous of your success or they are just the kind of people that must have something to criticize. Either way you go, you have done the right thing and you look great!
  • sophiegrace543
    sophiegrace543 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You look great!

Sometimes, family and friends (especially those who have known you for a long time) don't take too well to new lifestyle changes and weight loss. Sometimes it's out of envy and sometimes it's because they don't like things changing. Either way, just ignore them, as hard as it may be!
  • sean_d33
    sean_d33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Families gonna Fam
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, happy and healthy, don't listen to what you're family are saying.
  • chriamaria
    chriamaria Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I don't know what their problem is, but your family is very mistaken. Furthermore, you need to call your sister out on her carelessly chosen words. There is a right way and a wrong way to approach something and saying, "Ew, gross" is not the way.
  • Slulik
    Slulik Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Families are the absolute worst! Do not even pay attention to them.

You looking absolutely stunning!!!

Bravo on your fitness and eating healthy regime...maybe some of your expertise will wear off of me!

Be proud of your amazing accomplishments, and let no one diminish or knock that down.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! You look healthy, fit, and happy! So, yeah, maybe your face doesn't look the same as it did the last time you weighed what you weigh now ... time has a way of doing that to us! So what? You look GREAT!

Maybe they are really so accustomed to seeing you one way (I don't know how long you were overweight) and it's just "different" to them? ALSO, have you looked at yourself through a web cam? It may not be flattering ... the camera and the lighting may not be doing you justice. I know when I check out myself in my Mac's cam, I look like *kitten*. LOL Just a thought. Take a nice pic of yourself and send it to them.

Anyway, I don't know what your family relationships are like. Some families are hyper-critical and won't be happy whatever you do. So, make yourself happy and in no uncertain terms tell them you are healthy and happy and that's all there is to say about it. :flowerforyou:
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to chime in also to say that I think you look great. There's nothing ew about you.
    I think some people prefer the look of someone having more meat on their bones and sometimes our families are just used to us being bigger and having fuller faces. When we get thinner we appear deflated to them. So many people are overweight these days that it has become the norm and people have forgotten what a thin, fit person looks like. Whatever their motives are I would just thank them for their concern and do what you feel is best. Recently someone told me I should stop losing now. I'm 5'4" 167 lbs and size 12/14. I have at least 17-27 lbs to go! What will she say then? I don't care.
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    you look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So proud of you! I think you look fit & healthy!
  • jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It sounds like they just have contradictory personalities. You know, they have to disagree with everything you do ,no matter what. They probably do this to each other too. My dad is just like that; that's why I don't tell him anything anymore.

Just dismiss what they say. It's not worth fighting over, but they obviously aren't helpful either. If they continue to make "suggestions", tell them "I'll consider that" and then change the subject.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Uggh Family...Jealous of your progress and success. Its scary to them too because Americans have become accustomed to seeing Obese people in our lives so much that we see them as NORMAL. So we don't even know what real normal looks like.
  • stukawife
    stukawife Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look great!! I would hardly say you need to gain anything, and you are certainly not skinny.

Don't take what they say too seriously no matter their education or experience.
  • smalfry7
    smalfry7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think you look great and as long as you are in a healthy range, I don't think you need to change your behavior.

I think that since the family members that have commented are probably very close to your heart, which means their opinion (although not presented in the best way probably) will matter to you, means you should find a way to talk with them regarding why you made the changes you've made in your life, that ultimately have gotten you to where you are now. I think if you don't speak with them regarding their comments, it will continue to bother you and could potentially shift you into a dangerous or negative direction.

With that said, I would try and remember that you have to do what you need to in order for you to be happy and healthy (notice the use of the word YOU). It's ok for others to have their opinion and share them, however it's ultimately about you. By accomplishing what you have would leave me to believe you are a strong, determined woman. Know in your heart and mind that you have done, and continue to do what will keep you healthy. And not just for yourself, but anyone else in your life (even those family members that have voiced their opinion).
  • Golddigga1969
    Options
    I think you look Terrific! Sometimes when someone hasn't seen you in a while, it is a shock. But stick to your guns, keep up your healthy lifestyle, and they will get used to it. I have seen it before when someone loses a bunch of weight, and their face starts to sag, or get really wrinkled. Yours looks beautiful!!! Keep smiling and enjoy your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!