Dear Diary...

Options

Replies

• scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Dear Diary,

Do people still have diaries anymore? Everything is either on facebook, twitter, instagram, kik, pinterest, blogs, etc. Is anything really that secret? Hold on, let me get my typewriter out...

giphy.gif

Type Writing is a lost art
    You seemed to type "writing" just fine. Not sure what art is involved in typing "writing" but if a jar of air can sell for 500 bucks then who am I to judge :)
  • scot30316
    Options
    Dear Diary,

I'd like to apologize to you for that time when I was really into The Cure, The Damned, The The, and several other bands that all seemed to start with The and wore a lot of black eyeliner. Back then I colored my fingernails black with Sharpie sometimes and I might have smudged more than you would have liked on your college ruled pages. And also that I called you a JOURNAL instead of the pretty little diary you were. I shouldn't have tried to define your gender role. That was wrong of me.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Dear Diary,

I can no longer take the derp from my coworker. I've about had it. She's like a detox/cleanse/supplement/1200 calorie a day thread all wrapped into one derpy package. It's like my worst nightmare.

tumblr_leu8is3oEe1qcu0tso1_400.gif
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Dear Diary,

I'd like to apologize to you for that time when I was really into The Cure, The Damned, The The, and several other bands that all seemed to start with The and wore a lot of black eyeliner. Back then I colored my fingernails black with Sharpie sometimes and I might have smudged more than you would have liked on your college ruled pages. And also that I called you a JOURNAL instead of the pretty little diary you were. I shouldn't have tried to define your gender role. That was wrong of me.

Never apologize for being into The Cure. Never. Being angsty and listening to Smith sing on Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me was, well, it was just like heaven...
  • scot30316
    Options
    Dear Diary,

When I joined MFP I weighed 253 pounds, sweat a lot, and still occasionally listened to really crappy jambands. I spent a lot of time on the internet. This time was mostly spent with hipster/hippie men arguing about whether ketchup is ever an acceptable condiment on a bratwurst and other pressing topics of the day. Our avatars were normally of a child getting kicked in the nuts or Michael Jordan laughing heartily. So before MFP I was unaware how nice a woman looks when taking a selfie of herself laying on the ground or bed or whatever.
    Random googled example below (sidenote googling woman selfie laying on back brings up several NSFW images, or so I am told by my IT department)
    central-park-selfie.jpg

So thank you MFP and thank you MFP overlords for avatars
  • scot30316
    Options
    Dear Diary,

Never apologize for being into The Cure. Never. Being angsty and listening to Smith sing on Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me was, well, it was just like heaven...
    Oh I wasn't apologizing for the Cure, I was just apologizing for the smudges from the sharpies.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Dear Diary,

You have the best diary ever.
  • scot30316
    Options
    Dear Diary,

As a progressive modern man who shouldn't cling to possessions and material objects why oh why do I have a Christmas ornament still hanging on my cubicle wall. I know it is a storm trooper wearing a santa hat and holding a candy cane but it is 90 degrees outside and there is no need for a storm trooper to wear a hat when he is already wearing a helmet. That is superfluous and frivolous.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Dear Diary,

As a progressive modern man who shouldn't cling to possessions and material objects why oh why do I have a Christmas ornament still hanging on my cubicle wall. I know it is a storm trooper wearing a santa hat and holding a candy cane but it is 90 degrees outside and there is no need for a storm trooper to wear a hat when he is already wearing a helmet. That is superfluous and frivolous.

A.) It's a storm trooper

B.) The Christmas theme is to give you something to look forward to. Like the holiday luncheon spreads.
  • KatieKat1979
    KatieKat1979 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Dear Diary,

Today I realized that while when he was with Old Crow Medicine Show, Willie Watson was my favorite member of that band. When he left Old Crow I no longer cared to listen to them much anymore. Now that he has finally released his first solo album I do recall why he was my favorite. Just a quirky voice and him with a guitar or banjo.

We shall speak again Diary as my day is hella boring.

Nice use of the word hella. It happens to be my fave word. True Story.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Just because its on my mind...

cup-o.gif
  • _101010_
    _101010_ Posts: 121
    Options
    Dear Diary,

I got dressed for the gym this morning but instead of walking to the gym I sat here on the forum all day.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Dear Diary,

I got dressed for the gym this morning but instead of walking to the gym I sat here on the forum all day.

This. Only sub Gym for Work.
  • _101010_
    _101010_ Posts: 121
    Options
    Dear Diary,

This. Only sub Gym for Work.

Shh. Don't mention the W word.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Dear Diary

I added Dasani Drops pink lemonade flavor enhancer to my water and still counted it as water. So shoot me.

tumblr_mqedekJ4gD1rbu3cho1_500.gif
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I slept for 21 hours.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Dear Diary

I added Dasani Drops pink lemonade flavor enhancer to my water and still counted it as water. So shoot me.

tumblr_mqedekJ4gD1rbu3cho1_500.gif

I'm mesmerized by this.
  • scot30316
    Options
    Dear Diary...
    Well another wonderful day at work has passed and soon I will get into my car for my hour commute home. If I don't drive myself into a median divider I look forward to our time together tomorrow. Keep being compressed paper pulp and being awesome at absorbing ink. You complete me.