Men: Abs on females...hot or not??

Options

Replies

• BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    sure lets call it hot... its shows determination and hard work, which are sexy attributes too...

One can have determination and hard work and still not be able to achieve defined abs. There are genetics involved.
  • MelonJMusic
    MelonJMusic Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    amanda_latona_6923_143937863631_91906923631_2531528_2278206_n_wtYLJIe.sized.jpg

Softly defined abs (as seen here) are hot in my opinion. Anything too defined, does not look appealing to me, on both men and women.

Softly defined??? They look pretty strongly defined to me.

This right here proves how subjective looks can be. Everyone's obviously got their own perspective on hot or not. :)
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Mine are hot and I don't care what anyone else thinks.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Saying things like "man abs" or "my worst nightmare" pushes "opinions" into "shaming".

I don't want to look like Kim Kardasian. She has a higher body fat percentage and smaller muscles than I'd prefer for myself.

Look. I expressed an opinion.

Kim Kardasian is fat. Her "curves" are just fat. To look like that would be a nightmare.

There. I "body shamed".

I read this comment and Thought 'I MUST FRIEND THIS PERSON WITH CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS!"

then i saw we are already friends. *pats self on back*
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    LOL @ bodybuilder shaming.

Please...it's called having a laugh at a silly question. Gain a sense of humor, buddy.

BTW, we're allowed to like and dislike any body shape we want (as well as how it is achieved) because the appeal level of looks are all subjective. All I did was put a picture to what quite a few people were saying on here anyway.

Only on MFP is a "Hot or not" question considered "body shaming."

I know. People are entitled to their opinions so long as it's the right opinion! haha

“I never chose the synthetic route because, although I wanted to be muscular, I also wanted to be FEMININE AND SEXY.” -Liza Reichenberger (emphasis mine)

I suppose Herculiza the natural bodybuilder is bodybuilder shaming too, huh? lol

Exactly. And her competition pics are quite different than her other pics. And there is a difference between saying, "Body Type A is disgusting" and saying, "I think Body Type B is more attractive."
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I was in pilates today and (I'm very new to this by the way) the instructor told me to engage my upper stomach muscles....I actually had tears falling ...WHAT muscles?! so I don't think I'm in any danger of someone liking my abs right now!! :drinker:
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options

Please...it's called having a laugh at a silly question. Gain a sense of humor, buddy.

BTW, we're allowed to like and dislike any body shape we want (as well as how it is achieved) because the appeal level of looks are all subjective. All I did was put a picture to what quite a few people were saying on here anyway.

I know. People are entitled to their opinions so long as it's the right opinion! haha

“I never chose the synthetic route because, although I wanted to be muscular, I also wanted to be FEMININE AND SEXY.” -Liza Reichenberger (emphasis mine)

I suppose Herculiza the natural bodybuilder is bodybuilder shaming too, huh? lol

Exactly. And her competition pics are quite different than her other pics. And there is a difference between saying, "Body Type A is disgusting" and saying, "I think Body Type B is more attractive."

What if you smeared peanut butter or put bacon on it?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Saying things like "man abs" or "my worst nightmare" pushes "opinions" into "shaming".

I don't want to look like Kim Kardasian. She has a higher body fat percentage and smaller muscles than I'd prefer for myself.

Look. I expressed an opinion.

Kim Kardasian is fat. Her "curves" are just fat. To look like that would be a nightmare.

There. I "body shamed".

I read this comment and Thought 'I MUST FRIEND THIS PERSON WITH CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS!"

then i saw we are already friends. *pats self on back*

:drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

What if you smeared peanut butter or put bacon on it?

I've already made it perfectly clear to my husband that perishable items are never going to be a part of our sex life. :laugh:

ETA: Love your profile pic!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    serriously? this is a question? hot

not that one can't be hot without them, or even that a certain girl might actually be more attractive without them (for whatever strange reason i can 't think of right now)

but in general, hot
  • susanevenden
    Options
    I agree completely. You gave me a good laugh. (I meant to reply to the person who said "without them their guts would be falling out"
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Abs on females = I'll be in my bunk.

An exception is the competition bodybuilder look, that's...no. But outside of that extreme, very hot.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I've already made it perfectly clear to my husband that perishable items are never going to be a part of our sex life. :laugh:

ETA: Love your profile pic!

LOL!

Thanks! :drinker:
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You can be hot or not with or without them.
    I don't get these chicken parts questions; the sum whole matters more than the parts.

When you ask this, is it because you have them and are afraid of not being attractive?
    Or is it because you fear that this should only be a goal if it's attractive?

Let me tell you, that fear - in either case - is not hot.
    Hot is the strength to decide and do what you want, for yourself, and then to be able to achieve what you want to accomplish.

Eta - great we now have body builder shaming going.

One of the smartest responses I saw on here.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I've been told by a few guys my abs were too defined and it was just a deal breaker for them

Lets see some pics
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of abs on girls myself. Not only is it physically attractive (all you that say physical traits don't matter are on your high horse), but it usually shows commitment. You don't accidentally get them.
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    I'd say hot, more attractive than a fupa, that's for sure.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I posted this question before in another category but I got like one response haha :/

I'd totally paint it white.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    HOT!! :love:
  • vms4evr
    vms4evr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Uhh glad many dont like, i dont think ill ever have them pop out, haha!

But i do have respect for the gals that have them now thats disicipline!

In your case, forget the abs, you're popping out just fine. :love:

As for the abs. I can take it or leave it. I like a gal that has some amount of body fat. I'm pretty open as many women of all shapes and sizes look good to me.