I am still a size 8!

Options

Replies

• chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'3" also, 125 lbs and fit a size 4. It does depend on the store. This was at Banana Republic, but I can fit 4's or 6's at Kohls, etc.
    Not sure that my hips and booty will let me fit smaller than that.
  • R_Woodruff
    R_Woodruff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    abbycatedit.jpg

cuteme.jpg

7b7c5fe8-a79f-4f1e-aeb7-0fabec3c76cd_zps03db0206.jpg

Fixed it for you :D
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    IT could just have to do with your body shape. At my lightest of 125lbs I could not go smaller than a size 6/7, I tried a smaller size and the jeans brusied my hips!!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 172 and I can wear a size 8 in womens.
  • fittoday14
    fittoday14 Posts: 128
    Options
    What other posters said.

My sis is 130 pounds and 5'6.5" and she wears Medium size shirts and size 6 solid. She is stick thin except for her belly (she had 4 kids).

On the other hand, I'm 5'4.5" and if I lose 12-15 pounds, I drop a size.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I think you look adorable and your thighs do not look in anyway out of proportion.

Also, no ones thighs look good sitting down!
  • blueberrykitten
    blueberrykitten Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    abbycatedit.jpg

cuteme.jpg

Fixed it for you :D

Thank you! :happy:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with a size 8? :angry:

Your thighs aren't big at all. For what it's worth, I have problems finding trousers and pants that fit my legs and booty. I wear skirts and dresses almost all the time. Work with what you got!

Edited for clarity.
  • blueberrykitten
    Options
    I think you look adorable and your thighs do not look in anyway out of proportion.

Also, no ones thighs look good sitting down!

LOL extremely true! Thank you so much!
  • R_Woodruff
    R_Woodruff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If I wasn't at work I would take a picture of my calves and thighs to make you feel better lol. Even though I am nowhere close to being 130 lbs my legs are the only things that are all muscle on me and they're huge! embrace it, learn to love them and don't worry about being a size 8 I would kill to be that tiny right now! :)
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options

Further proof that we're all different - I'm 5'8" and exactly the same weight but I'm between a 10-12...really closer to the 12. Definitely don't sweat the size on the tag, just focus on you you feel in your clothes. If you feel confident, then they're a perfect size!
  • anneboleynr
    anneboleynr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you, 135 lbs, and I wear a size 6 or 4.
  • blueberrykitten
    Options

Your thighs aren't that big. For what it's worth, I have problems finding trousers and pants that fit my legs and booty. I wear skirts and dresses almost all the time. Work with what you got!

Oops. Just to clarify: I do not think anything is wrong with having big thighs, an athletic build, or being a size 8 - or a size 10, for that matter. And nothing is wrong with having a small build and being a size 2. Just wondering if anyone else has been in this position. My first post might have sounded a bit negative!
  • blueberrykitten
    Options

Further proof that we're all different - I'm 5'8" and exactly the same weight but I'm between a 10-12...really closer to the 12. Definitely don't sweat the size on the tag, just focus on you you feel in your clothes. If you feel confident, then they're a perfect size!

Being 5'8 and a size 10 or 12 sounds like it would look nice!
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I find it crazy how each brand is so different. I am 5'3" and 176lbs and wear anywhere from a 6 to 12. I say whatever you are comfortable in and looks good is all that matters. It do agree it does suck, but i just shrug it off. :happy:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Your thighs aren't that big. For what it's worth, I have problems finding trousers and pants that fit my legs and booty. I wear skirts and dresses almost all the time. Work with what you got!

Oops. Just to clarify: I do not think anything is wrong with having big thighs, an athletic build, or being a size 8 - or a size 10, for that matter. And nothing is wrong with having a small build and being a size 2. Just wondering if anyone else has been in this position. My first post might have sounded a bit negative!

No worries, I edited my post too because I meant that your thighs aren't big at all.

But let's face it, you're 19 and that's prime territory for negative thoughts about your body. I remember when I was 18-19 I thought I was fat, but looking back on my pictures, that was so not the case!

I have a normal BMI, but thanks to genetics, if I lost another 15 pounds, I doubt that I would fit into smaller than an 8. I'd probably lose my boobs first. Accentuate the parts of your body you love the most, work on fitness, and accept your genetics. :flowerforyou:
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    At White House Black Market, I'm a 10.
    At Express, I'm an 8.
    At Loft, I'm between a 4-6, depending on how low the pants sit.
    Sometimes, I wear a size 2.
    I like to say that if you want a different size, just shop at a different store.

I have a 28 inch waist and 38 inch hips.

Sizes are so screwed up that I just ignore the tag and look at other measurements as signs of progress.
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Its crazy how different our bodies can be. I'm a little shorter than you (5'1) weight 145lbs and wear a size 8 lol
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It's crazy how different our bodies are built, but it's also insane how different sizing is from one store to the next. There have even been cases where I've been replacing a pair of jeans with the exact same brand, style, cut and color, and have had to switch sizes.

I just had this breakthrough recently where I don't care what size clothes are, I just have to get the size that is most flattering. A lot of people get it stuck in their head that they are size X, so everything they buy is size X, regardless of whether or not it actually fits and is flattering to their shape. Thanks, Stacy and Clinton from What Not to Wear!

ETA: You are adorable and I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Like everyone said, every brand has different sizing, but you can still fit in 8s but fit in 6s too. I wear both sizes right now (I'm 5'5", 134 pounds), the 8s are definitely looser but they both fit fine (that's the Lee brand). Then if I try Old Navy I'm a size 4... but probably a 8 or 10 for Levi's. And I'm small in most of Kohl's stuff.

Basically, I never order a brand I'm not familiar with online :laugh: