Men: Abs on females...hot or not??

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm not insulting anyone. I just said I don't want to look like that. My opinion, no problem of yours.

No. You said looking like that is your worst nightmare. If I said looking like you was my worst nightmare, that would undoubtedly be viewed as an insult.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Can we get that example of expressing an opinion vs body shaming reposted on this page please? Apparently it is still unclear.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm not insulting anyone. I just said I don't want to look like that. My opinion, no problem of yours.

You don't think labeling someone's body your worst nightmare is insulting?

What DO you think is insulting, exactly? Can I get a detailed list to better understand? Because if someone said my body was their nightmare I'd be pretty damn insulted.

Well said.

also,

tumblr_mrhu0xC1VL1sdebxbo1_500.gif
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    This thread needs more Jamie:

Jamie+Eason.jpg
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

What DO you think is insulting, exactly? Can I get a detailed list to better understand? Because if someone said my body was their nightmare I'd be pretty damn insulted. I mean, if I said I had nightmares about looking like you that would be okay? The mods wouldn't come in like SWAT, dragging me out by my hair and throwing down strikes for attacking another poster?

Someone. Someone please

Just for the record, I'm totally cool w/ your body. It's more in the "dream" than "nightmare" category.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Saying things like "man abs" or "my worst nightmare" pushes "opinions" into "shaming".

I don't want to look like Kim Kardasian. She has a higher body fat percentage and smaller muscles than I'd prefer for myself.

Look. I expressed an opinion.

Kim Kardasian is fat. Her "curves" are just fat. To look like that would be a nightmare.

There. I "body shamed".

As requested.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Can we get that example of expressing an opinion vs body shaming reposted on this page please? Apparently it is still unclear.

Hey, you know, 3dr, I'm not sure your physique is quite what I want for myself

VS

3dr your body is gross, is my worst nightmare, and most men would find it disgusting.

*None of these things are true. I'm hoping using a member here, instead of the controversial (but hot) KimK, will help drive the point home for some people
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    No hurt feelings here at all. Your opinion about whether my abs or anyone else's abs are attractive is entirely beside the point. Some people won't find them attractive and that's fine. People have different likes and dislikes.

The problem is that you're saying you dislike abs on women *because they indicate an unhealthy body fat percentage*, which is not necessarily true. Far better to say that it's not your personal preference than to say it's unhealthy. Because the latter is misinformation that is dangerous to uninformed people.

This is a lot of words. Let me know if you need help deciphering.

Are you honestly really just continuing on like this? Do you just need some attention? I'm not even sure how my reading skills are being questioned here.

I already said multiple times the problem here is I'm not defining abs like you are. Long distance runners who drop to low body fat levels, their period stops because they're at such a low body fat % but they have a full cut 6 pack is what I'm immediately picturing in my head when I read this thread. There is no clear cut definition of "abs", I'm giving my take on what I thought this thread was referring to. I have no doubt you had visible abs at 20%, I will say it really clear here again for you so please pay attention k?

THIS-IS-NOT-WHAT-I-MEANT-BY-UNHEALTHY.

I even went as far as Googling pictures of what I'm referring to in terms of what I "abs" I personally dislike.

Well when you added
    Also don't be like that muffin, just because I don't like your physique. I didn't mean to hurt your e-feelings. Let's hug it out k?

to the end of your post, it did make it a little unclear, among other things.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Saying things like "man abs" or "my worst nightmare" pushes "opinions" into "shaming".

I don't want to look like Kim Kardasian. She has a higher body fat percentage and smaller muscles than I'd prefer for myself.

Look. I expressed an opinion.

Kim Kardasian is fat. Her "curves" are just fat. To look like that would be a nightmare.

There. I "body shamed".

As requested.

thank you. that was soooooo far back that some people couldn't be bothered to refer to it.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    No hurt feelings here at all. Your opinion about whether my abs or anyone else's abs are attractive is entirely beside the point. Some people won't find them attractive and that's fine. People have different likes and dislikes.

The problem is that you're saying you dislike abs on women *because they indicate an unhealthy body fat percentage*, which is not necessarily true. Far better to say that it's not your personal preference than to say it's unhealthy. Because the latter is misinformation that is dangerous to uninformed people.

This is a lot of words. Let me know if you need help deciphering.

Are you honestly really just continuing on like this? Do you just need some attention? I'm not even sure how my reading skills are being questioned here.

I already said multiple times the problem here is I'm not defining abs like you are. Long distance runners who drop to low body fat levels, their period stops because they're at such a low body fat % but they have a full cut 6 pack is what I'm immediately picturing in my head when I read this thread. There is no clear cut definition of "abs", I'm giving my take on what I thought this thread was referring to. I have no doubt you had visible abs at 20%, I will say it really clear here again for you so please pay attention k?

THIS-IS-NOT-WHAT-I-MEANT-BY-UNHEALTHY.

I even went as far as Googling pictures of what I'm referring to in terms of what I "abs" I personally dislike.

I can argue a point without it being about me. Yes, there are women whose body fat is at an unhealthy level who do have abs. I never said anything to the contrary. However, the fact that a woman has extremely defined abs is not an indication that her body fat is at an unhealthy low. That's all.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

What DO you think is insulting, exactly? Can I get a detailed list to better understand? Because if someone said my body was their nightmare I'd be pretty damn insulted. I mean, if I said I had nightmares about looking like you that would be okay? The mods wouldn't come in like SWAT, dragging me out by my hair and throwing down strikes for attacking another poster?

Someone. Someone please

Just for the record, I'm totally cool w/ your body. It's more in the "dream" than "nightmare" category.

Well thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Irrelevant. Dat personality. <3
    :flowerforyou:
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I think we've all learned a very valuable lesson here today ...

J8IhdEF.png
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Pointless post in a pointless thread is pointless

Here's some pointless ellipses . .
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    I think we've all learned a very valuable lesson here today ...

J8IhdEF.png

To be fair, the same thing happens with "Women only" threads.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    MYP needs a something like a "like" button for these threads, some of you guys/gals are hilarious.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Pointless post in a pointless thread is pointless

Here's some pointless ellipses . .

Hey! :angry:

Ellipses are not pointless.

:explode:
  • CoffeeBugg
    CoffeeBugg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    ...females...hot or not??

yes
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Let's not forget human trafficking, and Justin Bieber.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options

No. You said looking like that is your worst nightmare. If I said looking like you was my worst nightmare, that would undoubtedly be viewed as an insult.

Just still amazed that in a world of chronic and/or terminal illness, famine, loss of family and friends, abrupt poverty and incarceration, eternal solitude, and Shia LeBeouf, that looking like that could be anyone's worst nightmare.

YOU.

I like you.