Eurovision Song Contest

Options

Replies

• MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Ruth Lorenzo off of X Factor!
    In fact, didn't she sing Purple Rain on XF?
  • MrsSWW
    Options
    Ruth Lorenzo off of X Factor!
    In fact, didn't she sing Purple Rain on XF?
    yep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWDhyFqeaEo
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    My son's fiance' is from ESTONIA!! We're watching online!:drinker: {America}
  • CharlottesDK
    Options
    Its not a song contest. Its a political popularity contest.
    Big no from me. I am from England.

I dident know Denmark was the most political popular country last year. I wonder what we did to deserve it? Or perhaps it was just because we had a good song? :wink:
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    In the UK! Really not taking it seriously: http://countryskillsblog.com/2014/05/05/eurovision-2014/ have fun but remember to log your drinks.
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I watch it every year. I'm in Germany. I like our entry's voice but it's too much link Pink.

I absolutely loved Iceland so far. And, of course, Austria for the message it delivered.

And what message was that?!
  • MrsSWW
    Options
    My son's fiance' is from ESTONIA!! We're watching online!:drinker: {America}
    Welcome, America! :drinker:
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    In the UK! Really not taking it seriously: http://countryskillsblog.com/2014/05/05/eurovision-2014/ have fun but remember to log your drinks.

Done! 900-odd calories in the red :drinker:
  • MrsSWW
    Options
    Its not a song contest. Its a political popularity contest.
    Big no from me. I am from England.

I dident know Denmark was the most political popular country last year. I wonder what we did to deserve it? Or perhaps it was just because we had a good song? :wink:
    Well said!
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Romanian on British soil here... thought Romania's entry was very forgettable indeed, as for the circular piano (no-one is going to pick that out of the skip at the end). Tosh...

Loved Sweeden, Norway was also good and Armenia interesting.

Ruth Lorenzo maybe the best singer so far, but did not enjoy the song much.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I watch it every year. I'm in Germany. I like our entry's voice but it's too much link Pink.

I absolutely loved Iceland so far. And, of course, Austria for the message it delivered.

Kim Kardashian doesn't always shave before leaving the house
  • CharlottesDK
    Options
    What do you think of Hungarys song? I like it, but dont think it should have been in this contest. :frown:
  • MrsSWW
    Options
    Didn't know Mumford & Sons were from Malta. :huh:
  • karrot292002
    Options
    I'm watching from uk it's the taking part that counts :love:
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The double bass player for Malta (in the cap) looks like Eric Bristow!! (former world darts champion) :noway:
  • CharlottesDK
    Options
    Do you like the stage? The man creating it, thought of a ship (because its an old ship-yard). Actually it was a ship-yard a few months ago. :smile:
  • MrsSWW
    Options
    Kim Kardashian doesn't always shave before leaving the house
    Quite frankly, with this and Qwyneth Paltrow wittering on about her more natural styling 'down below' I'm relieved to suddenly be up to date with all the fashion.
  • CharlottesDK
    Options
    Oh no. Not the Danish song. I hate it (and Im from Denmark). But he is to close to Bruno Mars. He also had his haircut until a few days ago.
  • MrsSWW
    Options
    Hehehe, Denmark, who's this cheeky wee chappy?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    There are some miserable people about, we watch it for the craic, not the competition, too many British people take it too seriously :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    Yes, I've noticed that... :noway:

Was just enjoying how excited you all were in discussing it, I'm in the US so I'll Google it so I'll know more about. I love a thread where ppl are enjoying the same program and commenting on it (in a positive manner, not high-jacking the OP!).:drinker: