Your food is no cleaner than mine

Options

Replies

• TRIX5884
    TRIX5884 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    oh rats!! another soul that won't give me his candy since he'll eat it... this sucks... Please please promote 'clean' eating so that there will be more unclean food for me.

lmfao! this made me laugh so hard!
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    ^^^^THIS! I agree that anyone eating even remotely different get bashed here and quite frankly don't like it. I'd be curious as to how many doing the bashing are actually being honest in their open diaries? Did they really eat that ice cream or did they just record they ate it? My bet is on not eating it but recording they did just so they can argue! I think I'll remove my ticker as well. Thanks for the tip.

Wow.
    You believe people are logging false entries just to argue. . . interesting. Best of luck with your goals.

^this
    I closed my food diary down to Friends Only. Frankly they're the only people I really care for opinions from on these matters. I had it fully open and got repeatedly blasted because my calorie intake was "too low" lol. Translated that just means I'm actually losing weight and made the haters feel bad for their poor choices.

Is that honestly how you translated this? Interesting rationalization.
    You see, we actually spend our time between three of our homes, one main, two vacation, only at our main residence 8 months of the year.

This reminds me of someone else who used to be on MFP. Interesting.

Of course it does because that is your way of being nosey, trying to get information that is none of your business. I've been on MFP since November 2013 shortly after discovering it through Runtastic.
  • jmv7117
    Options
    I just want to know why caffeine isn't clean. I pour hot water over ground up bits of vegetation. I drink it. What is the problem!

*Clutches coffee mug close and glares at clean eaters*

You just have to find the right "clean eater" to ask. Similarly, I could have bought some ice cream this morning at the green market, made from the milk of grass fed cows on a nearby small family farm. Clean? Or is the sugar a deal-breaker? Plus, yeah, I'm not a baby cow.

Oh good. I was worried every clean eater was lining up to take my precious caffeine away. Actually, my sister probably qualifies as a clean eater in some books, including her own, and she loves her fancy Whole Foods chocolates and ice cream!

You do realize you don't have to be a clean eater to shop at Whole Foods? You also realize that a good portion of clean eaters refuse to shop at Whole Foods? Too bad those assumptions and judgements are clouding how you see clean eaters.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

I closed my food diary down to Friends Only. Frankly they're the only people I really care for opinions from on these matters. I had it fully open and got repeatedly blasted because my calorie intake was "too low" lol. Translated that just means I'm actually losing weight and made the haters feel bad for their poor choices.

Oh good. Now, we have haters . . .
    [/quote]

Oh they've been around for a while. One of my personal favorites was like my second week on here. This chick claimed she just had to make 9PM runs for a giant Frosty, because if not her lifts and running would totally suffer the next day. I was reported for pointing out that I wouldn't do the same because it seemed like a pretty dumba** idea to me, and I lift just fine without drinking giant glasses of pure sugar.

I don't see that girl around much these days. I suspect we will see her again though, one day when she realizes you can never outrun or outlift your fork, and those 9PM Frosty runs come back to bite her in the rear end.
    [/quote]

That would be awesome, emirite???!!!! :explode:

I guess my Wendy's Frostys are going kill ma gainz too, huh? :indifferent:
    [/quote]

I don't know. Since you're one of the ones going all bro-tastic, you tell me.
    [/quote]I thought you weren't naming any names.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

Oh good. Now, we have haters . . .

Oh they've been around for a while. One of my personal favorites was like my second week on here. This chick claimed she just had to make 9PM runs for a giant Frosty, because if not her lifts and running would totally suffer the next day. I was reported for pointing out that I wouldn't do the same because it seemed like a pretty dumba** idea to me, and I lift just fine without drinking giant glasses of pure sugar.

I don't see that girl around much these days. I suspect we will see her again though, one day when she realizes you can never outrun or outlift your fork, and those 9PM Frosty runs come back to bite her in the rear end.

That would be awesome, emirite???!!!! :explode:

I guess my Wendy's Frostys are going kill ma gainz too, huh? :indifferent:

I don't know. Since you're one of the ones going all bro-tastic, you tell me.
    I thought you weren't naming any names.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    DYEQ?

"Brotastic"
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ^^^^THIS! I agree that anyone eating even remotely different get bashed here and quite frankly don't like it. I'd be curious as to how many doing the bashing are actually being honest in their open diaries? Did they really eat that ice cream or did they just record they ate it? My bet is on not eating it but recording they did just so they can argue! I think I'll remove my ticker as well. Thanks for the tip.

Wow.
    You believe people are logging false entries just to argue. . . interesting. Best of luck with your goals.

^this

You see, we actually spend our time between three of our homes, one main, two vacation, only at our main residence 8 months of the year.

Of course it does because that is your way of being nosey, trying to get information that is none of your business. I've been on MFP since November 2013 shortly after discovering it through Runtastic.

Huh? :huh: What is my "way of being nosey" and trying to get information that is none of my business?

1) Questioning your conclusion that people are logging fake ice cream entries (that fall within their calorie limits, BTW) for the sole purpose of an argument on the internet? 2) Questioning your conclusion that people questioning your "too low" calorie intake was because they were jealous haters and they felt bad about their food choices? 3) Or that you reminded me of someone else who had a tendency to make humblebrag posts about her relative wealth? 4) Some other assumption you're making that I will also probably laugh at?

(I hope it's 4).)
  • redtreediary
    redtreediary Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    *looks at the 12 pages*

Well, now that we've got this covered. What is training dirty? Does it mean you lift barbells after you soil yourself?

It's like riding dirty. You lift the weights with a secret stash of drugs in your hidden pocket.
  • jmv7117
    Options

Wow.

^this

Huh? :huh: What is my "way of being nosey" and trying to get information that is none of my business?

1) Questioning your conclusion that people are logging fake ice cream entries (that fall within their calorie limits, BTW) for the sole purpose of an argument on the internet? 2) Questioning your conclusion that people questioning your "too low" calorie intake was because they were jealous haters and they felt bad about their food choices? 3) Or that you reminded me of someone else who had a tendency to make humblebrag posts about her relative wealth? 4) Some other assumption you're making that I will also probably laugh at?

(I hope it's 4).)

Well, you did a bit of misquoting because (2) isn't mine. Funny how you did that to make a point. My diary has never been open so no one can question anything in that respect.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Wow.

^this

(I hope it's 4).)

Well, you did a bit of misquoting because (2) isn't mine. Funny how you did that to make a point. My diary has never been open so no one can question anything in that respect.

Nah, honest mistake on number (2) because I didn't scroll back to confirm the source of each of the quotes in my original post.

The rest of my post stands though (but I still didn't confirm. I'm sure someone will straighten me out if I misquoted in any way). Still don't see how my post was read as my being nosy. No worries though. Good thing, too, because locked diary, closed profile, and an inspirational quote as an avi.

Best of luck with all your health and fitness goals. :flowerforyou:
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

Wow.

^this

(I hope it's 4).)

Nah, honest mistake on number (2) because I didn't scroll back to confirm the source of each of the quotes in my original post.

The rest of my post stands though (but I still didn't confirm. I'm sure someone will straighten me out if I misquoted in any way). Still don't see how my post was read as my being nosy. No worries though. Good thing, too, because locked diary, closed profile, and an inspirational quote as an avi.

I hate making a mistake with #2. You think it's just a little gas and then... MISTAKE!

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. Well I could but I chose not to.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Wow.

^this

(I hope it's 4).)

I hate making a mistake with #2. You think it's just a little gas and then... MISTAKE!

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. Well I could but I chose not to.

(I saw the potential, considered rewording it, then decided against it...because it's late...but mostly because I get an assist.)
  • jmv7117
    Options

Wow.

^this

(I hope it's 4).)

I'm flattered :blushing: Thank-you for the well wishes.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    We get people like that at my Costco on the weekends! So obnoxious and rude!

Aside of the MFP forums, I really don't run into the obnoxious, rude or judgmental comments over my food choices. If anyone has an opinion, they politely keep them to themselves. In all honesty, that is the way it should be.

I can recall two incidents with naive and obviously new vegetarians at a campus eatery being very vocal about the choice of food for everyone in line so it wasn't personally at me alone. In general, my grocery cart does look odd compared to others because there's never any meat, poultry, packaged (eg. dry cereal, boxed meals), bakery or canned foods. Now one could assume we don't eat those things or draw a conclusion that we are clean eaters BUT they don't say anything. For the most part, I get more questions on how to cook something because they know we eat that and know how to.

I don't get any comments about anything in my cart usually. I remember once a guy commented on the cupcakes i had in my basket. He said.. I don't eat sweets, not my thing. I just smiled and said. tat's probably a good thing. I don't comment on others basket either. Although I was in Sams club a few weeks ago and was astounded by one gentlemen's cart (2 actually) piled high with hostess and chip and soda.. Most likely he own a small store.. but the sheer quantity he had just caught my attention. I didn't say anything to him.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    The only people here who boast & brag about their food are the "dirty eaters." I don't see clean eaters posting threads about "30 day spinach challenges" or "30 day apple challenges."

Or veggie eating challenges. Oh wait, there's one going on right now!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    No one is making money on the eat-whatever-you-want-but-learn-portion-control and move-more and lift-heavy-so-you-can-eat-even-MORE diet. Yet.

You really think MFP makes nothing from advertising?

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323446404579006820747140550
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't get any comments about anything in my cart usually. I remember once a guy commented on the cupcakes i had in my basket. He said.. I don't eat sweets, not my thing. I just smiled and said. tat's probably a good thing. I don't comment on others basket either. Although I was in Sams club a few weeks ago and was astounded by one gentlemen's cart (2 actually) piled high with hostess and chip and soda.. Most likely he own a small store.. but the sheer quantity he had just caught my attention. I didn't say anything to him.

No one has ever commented on anything in my cart but a checker. Mostly positive--but extremely rarely some weird non-positive comment that just seems strange from a checker. For example, one time in Myrtle Beach years ago the checker decided to try and shame us for buying beer on a Sunday. The idea of commenting on what's in someone else's cart just seems bizarre to me.
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Although I was in Sams club a few weeks ago and was astounded by one gentlemen's cart (2 actually) piled high with hostess and chip and soda.. Most likely he own a small store.. but the sheer quantity he had just caught my attention. I didn't say anything to him.

I see people like this in our supermarket occasionally. I'm pretty sure it's stocking up for a kids' party or after-sports event. I think that because the carts usually only have this kind of stuff in them.
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    When anyone tells me about their clean eating or Paleo diet or Primal etc etc... I just wonder what fad they're going to try next.

giphy.gif

WTF that thing is REAL i thought they made it up for that south-park episode. Seriously laughing here now.
  • jmv7117
    Options
    No one is making money on the eat-whatever-you-want-but-learn-portion-control and move-more and lift-heavy-so-you-can-eat-even-MORE diet. Yet.

You really think MFP makes nothing from advertising?

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323446404579006820747140550

They would also make money from their partners like Fitbit and other apps feeding into MFP.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The choice to keep their diary closed remains solely with the member. There are a multitude of reasons why a member would keep their diary closed and in some cases it would be best if they did for the sake of their own progress. If they are asking for help with their food choices or asking why they aren't losing, perhaps opening the diary briefly would help others in their replies BUT in many cases it just opens that person up to unnecessary criticism. I personally don't need the negativity others would bring over any entry in my diary and I really don't feel it is anyone's business what I eat since I'm not asking for help with my food choices and I have lost the weight I wanted to plus some. I also do not feel it is proper for other to shame or pressure those who choose to keep their food diaries private. You do you, I will do me!

That's a fascinating translation, right there.
    [/quote]

Fascinating is one way to put it. Self-rationalization is another...