WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2014

Options

Replies

• namacheri
    namacheri Posts: 12
    Options
    Had so much fun with my 2 youngest grand kids today. Boy did they wear me out, though. The girls are 2 and 7 yrs old. Run run run all day. I want that kind of energy!!! Oh yeah, I'm also celebrating 6 months of being smoke/nicotine free after 42 years. Proud of myself :bigsmile: Happy Mothers day to you all. :heart:
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Sylvia it is much easier to just put the corn in the husks in the microwave. But I have done the paper towel thing also. I LOVE corn on the cob but it does a job on my colon and since I have finally found a good way to keep myself regular without having to feel I need to give each BM a name since I think I went into actual labor to have it I do avoid corn on the cob. But with summer coming that may be difficult.

It has been a very penseful day before Mother's day. I wore one of my bright colored shirts with some bling on it in honor of my MIL. I had never worn any bling on any of my clothing. I occasionally wear a necklace but that's it. But she loved it and I found that having to buy it for her I was actually wearing a brighter shade of what had been my pastels. My way of judging clothes before I bought it was to look at it and see if I liked it for myself. If I did then I knew it was to subtle for her. So the longer I was the sole buyer of her clothes, the more brighter my own clothes became. She would just break out in a huge smile when I walked in to the nursing home with something bright on. And with a woman who was paranoid schizophrenic and not a whole lot in her life to be happy about for me to get a big toothless smile out of her, well it made my day. Anyway, I find I am missing her more on this Mother's Day than my own. Maybe it's because I know where Mom is and that she is with my Dad and sister. And I don't know where my MIL is. She didn't talk about her religious life at all, not even with me asking. Also I know that very few of her kids may not be missing her. I am also thinking about her daughter. After MIL funeral last September I swore.that I was washing my hands of my SIL. She was toxic, a leech and a parasite. But I know she is grieving her Mom this weekend. I hope part of the grief is because of what she missed out on. She spent a lot of time with her Mom when her Mom lived in an apartment and Karen would beg her for money all the time. She stopped any contact with her Mom when she moved into the nursing home and most of her paltry Social security check went to the nursing home.

I know that potato salad and chocolate cake are on the menu for tomorrow. God give me strength. The cake is from Sams so I know what it is like and the potato salad is my sister's recipe. Grilled pork steaks is the meat so I'll be OK there.

Everyone have a blessed day tomorrow.

Joyce, Indiana
  • mamacindy81
    mamacindy81 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Hope you all have a wonderful day!

cindy
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Wishing all a Happy Mothers Day enjoy and eat safe.......

:heart: Prayers for all in need this day

juanita in sudbury
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Wishing all the mothers of two legged and four furry legs a wonderful Mother`s day:flowerforyou: !!!!

My beautiful daughter is at the beach with my oldest granddaughters girl scout group. It will be a quite day for me:bigsmile: , other than I`m going to go boss the boys this morning (I`m kinda tired of bossing boys though:tongue: ).

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in foggy NC
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Lovely Ladies,

Wishing everyone a wonderful Mother's Day! As DeeDee said, whether your kids have two legs or four furry legs, I hope you enjoy your day. :flowerforyou:

Cindy in OK
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    1160505cd6iptgl6x.gif
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Mother's Day:flowerforyou:

My favorite mother's day gift were a pair of pink flamingos from my sons. At the time I was into having our yard look perfect and nothing I considered tacky. When they told me they wanted to give me something I didn't have to water or take care of my whole attitude changed. I proudly displayed them next to our orange garage door. I now have three more pairs to join them . I place them throughout our gardens. One is black and yellow for the Hawkeyes. My son went to the University of Iowa. I now understand life needs a bit of whimsy . Have a blessed day!

Today I will put my flamingos throughout our yard, so tomorrow I will wake to a bit of fun!:laugh:

2014 word: contentment
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's day to everyone :flowerforyou:

No kids today, just furry four legged creatures!! Will walk the dogs this morning and then take the MIL on the greenhouse tour this afternoon.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: First I have to have my coffee!! :bigsmile:
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/2996440_f260.jpg

Happy Mother's Day to all!
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to All!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Donnavollmerb: One pound a week loss is excellent. Take it slow and easy, learn new habits, and you’ll be healthier in the end.:flowerforyou:

Dr. Katie: Congrats on the lawn mowing!:flowerforyou:

Joyce: I haven’t been watching the weather channel and didn’t realize you had severe storms. I’m happy your side of town didn’t get damaged.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia: I’m so happy that you’re enjoying our pottery tour!:flowerforyou:

Renny: It sounds like you had a wonderful day with DD. Congratulations!:flowerforyou:

Child of Zagaron: I agree with every word. I love MFP, too.:flowerforyou:

Michele: I’d love to get the recipe for sweet potato spice cookies.:flowerforyou:

Joyce: “…since I think I went into actual labor to have it I do avoid corn on the cob.” :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I can’t help laughing. I can relate, though. Corn on the cob doesn’t get me, but plenty of other things do.:ohwell: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

DeeDee: Enjoy bossing the boys. They need you.:flowerforyou:

Happy Mother’s Day! I’m not expecting to hear from my kids today because DS is currently in a training situation and out of contact, and DD is attending a wedding in her DH’s family. My DH is taking me to lunch at a local restaurant. :heart: There is a bit of mist between my house and the island across from us, but I’m hoping for a sunny day. We’re smoking salmon and I want to wash the boat. My tradition is to take flowers to my mom in the cemetery and I’ll do that early in the week.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

May Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least two glasses of water daily.
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Whether your child has two legs or four legs. Whether you accepted someone else's children into your life, or take care of your nieces, nephews or grandchildren. Happy Mothers Day to all you wonderful ladies! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:heart: Sandy in ON
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother`s day to all you mom`s .:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Enjoy!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    hugs jane:heart::heart: :heart:
  • SlimTerri57
    SlimTerri57 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day! I've made it through 2 Mother's Day meals so far and have another one today. I'm blessed but it's raking havoc on my meal plans....hanging in there and doing okay though.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day!! Woke up to rain this morning. Sure made getting out of bed hard as would of loved to snuggle and sleep in. But I am up and at work. Tomorrow is my day off and I told DH I am locking the door after he goes to work and going back to bed for acouple hours. Graduation for DGS went well yesterday. Then went to the lake to have supper with DS and family. So celebrated Mother's day since I am working today.

Barbie--love the picture, thanks for sharing.:wink:

We are a quite group today. So best try and get some work done. Enjoy and remember we are not in this alone.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Happiest of days to all my wonderful friends! Even those without actual children, I bet you use your mothering instincts on somebody or something. It counts in my book.

My son called me early this morning to wish me happy Mother's Day! It was the first time in over 7 years, so boy did it make me tear up. And he told me he loves me. I can't ask for more than that.

We are having a great day. We went through Minneapolis (I waved, Margaret, did you see me?) and stopped to see the giant spoon and cherry. Hubby had seen it before. He lived in Minneapolis for post-doc. Now we are driving to Pipestone, MN, for no particular reason except we haven't been there. We decided against Fargo but wanted to stay north of the severe weather today, then we will head south tomorrow. Sometimes I forget how much I enjoy just being with hubby. He's really a lot of fun. He must be sleeping better because so far he has done ALL of the driving.

We just stopped at Dairy Queen for a Dilly Bar! Big treat for me. 220 calories. We don't have DQ in our area, so it was fun.

Bye for now. Have a great Mothers Day!

Sylvia
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Mothers Day from snowy Colorado. I had an intense cadio workout early today. Took Mars the cat for a walk before the flakes started to come down. Then tried a new recipe for strawberry rhubarb bars, which came out delish. Watching baseball and chilling the rest of the day.

Wishing you all a wonderfully peaceful day.

Rori
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's day to all my wonderful friends~
    I called my DD and DGD this morning to wish my DD a Happy Mother's day...got to talk to both of them, which was wonderful..
    my almost 30 yr old son, who lives with my dad, couldnt muster up even a card,but got a text from him wishing me a Happy Mother's day.. got texts from all my girlfriends wishing the same... which was nice... My DB and DSIL ,got me this beautiful hanging plant that will attract hummingbirds, which was just so sweet....
    I got up early and went grocery shopping and brought it home and put it away, made the DH american chop suey for dinner tomorrow and made my dad a peach cobbler... then went out and mowed the lawn.... DH did the push part... then took a shower and went and gave a Mother's day card to my friend Doris who is like my second mom,got her some candy and then stopped and dropped off the cobbler to my father....
    came home got the DH went and got him new sneakers,then over to visit my DFIL he chowed down on a mini lemon meringue pie and ,then went and picked up my plant at my SIL house and then home and just made the DH his dinner,,,
    now to relax :laugh:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Snow? Where in CO? DD is away for a wedding in her DH's family right now.