Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Those who started at 300+ pounds!

Replies

• osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Was 485 pounds in January 2013. Down to 388 now. You can do it!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    bump -- for later
  • kcn1972
    kcn1972 Posts: 3
    I started at 310 back in Aug. I felt the exact same way, but you just have to be patient and I promise, it will come off. I wish it was coming off faster, I am only down to 275 as of this morning, but I know that the slower I lose the better chance i have of keeping it off. Hang in there!!!
  • salvaje913
    salvaje913 Posts: 38 Member
    I started at 310 lbs around January 15th. I am now down around 258 and halfway to my current goal of 200 lbs. It is slow going but is possible!

I stick with logging and going by what MFP tells me less 300 cals for an error margin and I have walked/jogged at least 2 miles everyday.

Good luck!
  • jymmeh
    jymmeh Posts: 33 Member
    Joined january, gave up, restarted for good in March-ish. Started 437 lbs now 386 lbs and still dropping. Doing Zumba, walking, Have abowflex TreadClimber. I se a fitbit Flex and a Polar FT4 HRM.
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Starting weight was 279 that I recall, I got closer then that but that's the last number I saw when I start losing weight.

Now @ 170, Goal 150

It's achievable .. you just have to be strong and discipline yourself.

Good Luck
  • Nuks37
    Nuks37 Posts: 5
    I started at 412 pounds, currently go between 230-235 depending on how many beers i have on the weekend. It took me about a year to lose 170 pounds. Worked my way up from walking 3x a week (30 mins.~ 2 miles), to now walking 7 days a week. (1 hour a day, ~4 miles).

Cut out the fast food, started eating a lot more chicken and healthy snacks (greek yogurt), salads, etc, and it eventually just comes off. Be active!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    I started at 327# in April 2013 and now weight 246# after 13 months. You can do it too!! Here is a link to my 1 year progress post for some tips:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1246548-1-year-progress-with-lots-of-pics

OP deactivated her account - but hopefully we can all still motivate each other to keep going and meet our goals!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    in
  • die2fat4love
    die2fat4love Posts: 149 Member
    I started at 386. It is not a quick road or an easy one but I have lost around 200 pounds. You can do anything you put your mind too! Good luck!
  • CrimsonDiva93
    CrimsonDiva93 Posts: 7 Member
    Wow! Congratulations. You are an inspiration!
  • SFDonovan
    SFDonovan Posts: 72 Member
    April 8th, 2014 I was at 319.2. Today I'm at 308. Not bad for a little over a month. Started tracking my calories on another site, but came here a week ago. Much of my success as been Les Mills Body Pump and keeping my intake on or around my target. I have found it better to not weight myself everyday. High sodium days makes me retain water and my weight can shoot up a pound or two which is depressing.
  • livinatthegym
    livinatthegym Posts: 81 Member
    started at 330 and in 1 month 2 days im down to 292.5
  • Brumhilda
    Brumhilda Posts: 47 Member
    You are all my motivaters. Started at 307.8 but typed in the wrong number, so it says I started at 303.8. I am bound and determined to hit 199, though 150 would be amazing.
  • CrimsonDiva93
    CrimsonDiva93 Posts: 7 Member
    I'm glad this group exists. My starting weight was 316.2 and it's a week later and I am 310.5. I am tired of starting again and again. My goal is to get under 199 and then I will close in on my final weight.
  • Tamzy00
    Tamzy00 Posts: 23 Member
    I was glad to see this post. I am 5'3" and my highest weight was 341lbs. I joined a medical weight loss clinic, found a medication that works without making me sick. I've been in the program for 45 days, turned 40 last weekend and have lost 26 pounds so far. I'm eating healthier than I ever have in my life and I feel great. My clothes are even starting to not fit me anymore.. and some fitting better :) Despite recommendations for surgery from family and doctor, I am determined to do this without surgery. So far so good. Would really like to make some friends to learn from and share tips and advice.
  • pajouey79
    pajouey79 Posts: 39 Member
    Started at 327 and now am going between 297-301ish. Maybe we can motivate each other! Looking to see the 290s soon I hope, but let my diet/exercise slip. :grumble: Feel free to add me!
  • Brumhilda
    Brumhilda Posts: 47 Member
    I'm officially under 300lbs...i weigh 299 now! woohoo!
  • emienne
    emienne Posts: 29 Member
    I started at 304 lb (138kg) in July 13. I'm now 233 (106kg)... My goal weight is about 143 (65kg), but anything under 153 (70kg) would be great I think. The first 25 pounds came off easily but the rest have been agonisingly slow regardless of all the added effort I'm putting in. On the positive side, I can move around much more easily now and am fitter than I've been in more years than I care to admit to! I no longer have terrible back pain, no longer struggle to put my own socks on!
  • Smurfette4eva
    Smurfette4eva Posts: 36 Member
    I'm 338...yeah. This is my first week. I'm afraid to actually weigh myself. You know by the off chance that I didn't lose anything.