Cat needs a fitness pal

Options

Replies

• ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Definitely recommend logging all mice, treats, and milk, even if the cat is just having little nibbles. Those nibbles add up!

Also, try to give the cat at least its body weight in water. Does milk count as water? I'm not sure, but I do know that water is important.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    (Target bw in kg x 30) + 70 is RER
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    For weightloss feed 0.8 x RER
  • skinnysushicat
    skinnysushicat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    OP, I would recommend you log his cleaning and sexercise and make sure he eats back those calories. I see you think starvation mode is a myth but it is no laughing matter.

Thank you, someone speaking sense.

When he starts to plateau, you need to JOLT him out of it by giving him nothing but acacia berries for 3 days - as many as he wants. Apart from that, stick to a 40 protein - 40 fat - 40 skin and bone diet (that will give him 120%, which will help avoid starvation mode). Encourage him to eat 15 grams of food every 15 minutes, according to the phases of the moon. Personally, I would not eat back ALL the excercise calories, just 50% every other Wednesday, as I suggested earlier.

Shhesh.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    alf-eat-cats-food-pic.jpg
  • mslovecats
    mslovecats Posts: 49
    Options
    You're right, commercial pet food is awful. But you're not doing much better feeding your cat cooked meat. Please consider a vegetarian diet for your pet. Anything else is just cruel, to your pet and the animals you're feeding it.:sad:

http://www.peta.org/living/companion-animals/vegetarian-cats-dogs/

www.vegepet.com

If you are truly concerned about the welfare of a cat, then you wouldn't do that to them. They are freakin' carnivores.

Ugh. Let's protect nature by messing with it! Yay! Protect them from themselves! Yay!

That's a big Cranky style NO :angry: right there.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

You do know this is all a joke, right?

I know, it is so upsetting that everyone is joking about it, while Boogie just managed to get me to give him some ham. And I really don't know how to stop this, because if I don't give him food, he will not let me sleep. Someone here suggested not to feed after 7 pm. That is mission impossible! I would really like to know though how many calories a cat can consume, and if anyone here had this issue, and is counting after their cat. I tried everything from dividing Boogie's big meals into smaller meals... Nothing works with this cat! There, he retrieves to his fave spot - the fridge. I might want to move his bed there.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I recommend a high quality cardio program, like CatBody. For the low low price of 190.00 you can also buy a supernutrient protein shake, known as Mouseology, which contains the finely dried powders of over 100 mice from all over the globe.
  • mslovecats
    Options
    Per your reply in another thread, cut his dairy and make him hula hoop.

I don't give him dairy. LOLZ hula hoop. That fat *kitten* won't be able to - he don't have a waist
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    You're right, commercial pet food is awful. But you're not doing much better feeding your cat cooked meat. Please consider a vegetarian diet for your pet. Anything else is just cruel, to your pet and the animals you're feeding it.:sad:

www.vegepet.com

If you are truly concerned about the welfare of a cat, then you wouldn't do that to them. They are freakin' carnivores.

Ugh. Let's protect nature by messing with it! Yay! Protect them from themselves! Yay!

I know, it is so upsetting that everyone is joking about it, while Boogie just managed to get me to give him some ham. And I really don't know how to stop this, because if I don't give him food, he will not let me sleep. Someone here suggested not to feed after 7 pm. That is mission impossible! I would really like to know though how many calories a cat can consume, and if anyone here had this issue, and is counting after their cat. I tried everything from dividing Boogie's big meals into smaller meals... Nothing works with this cat! There, he retrieves to his fave spot - the fridge. I might want to move his bed there.

You have A LOT of time on your hands.
  • skinnysushicat
    Options

Also, try to give the cat at least its body weight in water. Does milk count as water? I'm not sure, but I do know that water is important.

What d'you wanna do, DROWN the poor beast?

He should drink nothing but protein shakes and his own urine. Or your urine, if you prefer.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    mydrunkkitchen-at-da-club-like
  • mslovecats
    Options
    OP, I would recommend you log his cleaning and sexercise and make sure he eats back those calories. I see you think starvation mode is a myth but it is no laughing matter.

Thank you, someone speaking sense.

When he starts to plateau, you need to JOLT him out of it by giving him nothing but acacia berries for 3 days - as many as he wants. Apart from that, stick to a 40 protein - 40 fat - 40 skin and bone diet (that will give him 120%, which will help avoid starvation mode). Encourage him to eat 15 grams of food every 15 minutes, according to the phases of the moon. Personally, I would not eat back ALL the excercise calories, just 50% every other Wednesday, as I suggested earlier.

Shhesh.

Encourage him to eat 15 grams of food every 15 minutes. NO BIG DEAL!
  • skinnysushicat
    Options
    I recommend a high quality cardio program, like CatBody. For the low low price of 190.00 you can also buy a supernutrient protein shake, known as Mouseology, which contains the finely dried powders of over 100 mice from all over the globe.

I'm reporting you, selling your trash here. We all know it uses very low quality rat protein, not pure mouse protein.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Rebarkable.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Boogie has got to want this for himself, you can not force your lifestyle on him. He is your pet and you love him, you must also love how he chooses to be. Stop enabling his behavior, refuse to help him sabotage his health.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Boogie, a 3-year old neutered male, thick double coat, brown fur, and green eyes IS GUARDING the fridge 24/7, even now as I type. I am still trying to figure out how the F word sounds like in cat language, cuz Boogie is definitely cussing all the time as he yells at me some gibberish, even now as I type. Took him to the vet, turns out he is perfectly healthy. I was told the cat simply manipulates me and I shouldn't give up - but at 3 in the morning, i just can't... So, I decided to quit being a sissy, and feed him properly. What I need to know:
    1) How many calories, carbs, fats, proteins must a cat consume daily? Boogie is not fat, at least no yet, but he is slightly overweight in my opinion. Another thing, he refuses to exercise, or in fact he refuses to step away from the fridge.
    2) Has anyone used myfitnesspal before for their pet? If so, please share the details. Did you find it effective? What problems, if any, did you stumble upon using this app for your pet? etc.
    3) Any alternative methods? Ideas?
    4) We live on the first floor. My fear is that if I restrict Boogie's calorie intake, he might go and find a place to "dine out". The cat is crazy - he currently eats over 1000 calories a day, and demands more! I feed him cooked food (afraid of parasites) for carnivores. Most of the time I make beef meet balls with 1/3 of vegetables or salad leafs. I feed him fish, and he likes an occasional fruit or a tomato. I don't give him milk, because there is so much controversy surrounding it, and it also makes cats' fur fall out - that I know from personal experience.
    Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

The problem is you are feeding him human food when he should be fed CAT food. You are also feeding him way more than a cat needs to be fed. To be honest, you've created this mess by feeding him every time he "demands" it… although I don't know how a cat demands food.

I have a 15 lb Ragdoll who is 5 years old. He is "overweight" according to the vet. He eats a few treats and dry food at 4:30AM and doesn't get fed again until 4:30/5PM (wet food).

h372D772E
  • ashleyisgreat
    Options

What d'you wanna do, DROWN the poor beast?

He should drink nothing but protein shakes and his own urine. Or your urine, if you prefer.

Hey, I read a blog post somewhere on the internet that told me to drink water all day every day, so it must be true.
  • mslovecats
    Options

www.vegepet.com

You have A LOT of time on your hands.

Yep, I finally decided to deal with this problem. After 3 years of tolerating continuous humiliation I finally found some time to sit and at least laugh about it, even if I don't find a solution.
  • ashleyisgreat
    Options
    Boogie has got to want this for himself, you can not force your lifestyle on him. He is your pet and you love him, you must also love how he chooses to be. Stop enabling his behavior, refuse to help him sabotage his health.

This.
  • mslovecats
    Options
    Rebarkable.

I know,right? Oh, my dog....:huh: