Giving your body no choice but to burn fat daily

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/04/animal-protein-diets-smoking-meat-eggs-dairy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21102327

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/03/04/285879644/eat-plants-and-prosper-for-longevity-go-easy-on-the-meat-study-says

Okay, maybe I misremembered the grams of protein needed (not that I have been measuring), but the point being is we need a lot less than what we have been led to believe. Not to mention the source of where you get that protein.

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.php
    So most journals of medicine and science will agree about .08 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. I think you mixed the .08 gram with 8 grams total. Understandable mistake. Now about that hot tub cardio...................

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Didin't it say 0.8 not 0.08 grams per KG? of she would be close as you would have to weight 100kgs to get 8 grams of protien if you only needed .08, but 0.8 would be 80 grams.
  • firfeous
    firfeous Posts: 196 Member
    Imagining what the world would be like without condescending *kitten*...

I have been asked a lot on what I do, so I made it easy and posted it. So... if you could kindly exhibit more reasonable behavior and move on, it would be appreciated. I'm sorry I inadvertently triggered your troll button.

I wanna know who is asking you what you do, your 12 friends?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    How am I seeing results, consistent results to my findings if it's all bull****?

Simple. You have consistently ate at a deficit for a given period of time.

But I feel better than ever...

Well who could argue with that kind of scientific evidence?

Why would you argue my personal experience?

Why would any of you bother to read this or post if its all hokey? Was it your goal to make me feel terrible?

No, the goal is to not spread mis-information through the boards.

It worked for you because of #3....you were/are in a deficit at 1200-1800 calories a day.
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    How am I seeing results, consistent results to my findings if it's all bull****?

Why would any of you bother to read this or post if its all hokey? Was it your goal to make me feel terrible?

The goal is to crush harmful misinformation. And make fun of people for posting when they shouldn't.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    And we're off.....

Starvation mode
    Meat consumption leads to diseases
    Fruit should only be a snack in the morning
    Lower fat intake
    Cardio burns fat but only if done daily
    Build muscles in deficit

I appreciate you efforts, but pass.

^This.
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    I'm really sorry you guys feel the need to turn someone's success story tips into your own troll-a-thon. Seriously, find something better to do, like working on your poor attitudes. I have just realized this community is full of disrespectful jerks and no longer would like to be a part of it. Enjoy your days and fill yourselves with pride, you have earned it... obviously.

And instead of questioning what I wrote, why don't you do a little research... A ****ing hot tub works your cardiovascular system.

In the words of yoda "A bunch of retards you are"

First of all, using the r-word is really not cool.

Second of all, I'm happy for your success. But if you are going to make outrageous claims than it's on you to back them up. Please share the study that you found that says we only need 8 grams of protein a day.

Very much this.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member

This says a high protein diet will help retain bone density. Did you even read the studies you just put up?

Obviously not, and I find that happens quite a bit with those that try to argue against (fairly) basic science.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member

Because you are posting things that are factually wrong and other readers may get the wrong idea. Bad information doesn't fly well around here...

And I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who uses the R-word. You did that to yourself.
  • ziztur
    ziztur Posts: 15
    *forehead slap* It's proven we only need 8 grams of protein a day which is in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. But I'm not arguing with ignorance... it only proves to be mind numbingly annoying.

Wow.

Also, you really should feel bad about using the r-word. That's not cool at all.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    I'm really sorry you guys feel the need to turn someone's success story tips into your own troll-a-thon. Seriously, find something better to do, like working on your poor attitudes. I have just realized this community is full of disrespectful jerks and no longer would like to be a part of it. Enjoy your days and fill yourselves with pride, you have earned it... obviously.

And instead of questioning what I wrote, why don't you do a little research.

Want to talk about DISRESPECTFUL!?! Have you ever even MET a mentally handicapped person!? If you did you probably wouldn't use the term Retard in a derogatory manner.

So please check yo' self before ya wreck yo' self!

30709bc3c9b060baf771c0b2e2626f95-snow-white-high-five.gif

Digging for reasons to insult me? Does it make you feel like a better person now?

TBH, you're the one who came in here spouting a bunch of misinformation and then got mad and called people "retards"

No one wanted to make you feel terrible until you said that.

The point of the posts here is to make sure new people don't come in here and read this and think it's true and make a bunch of unnecessary changes, setting them up for failure.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    To quote the good book, "For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, correlation equaleth not causation!" Science 3:16

PREEEEAAACCHHH!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    *forehead slap* It's proven we only need 8 grams of protein a day which is in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. But I'm not arguing with ignorance... it only proves to be mind numbingly annoying.
    WHAT???

Just ...

WHAT????

you-know-nothing-06-0313-400x300_zps0b8890a6.jpg
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Imagining what the world would be like without condescending *kitten*...

I have been asked a lot on what I do, so I made it easy and posted it. So... if you could kindly exhibit more reasonable behavior and move on, it would be appreciated. I'm sorry I inadvertently triggered your troll button.

I wanna know who is asking you what you do, your 12 friends?

This cracked me up!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member

Dafuq did you just say? Don't be committing libel against Yoda!

And please....
    And instead of questioning what I wrote, why don't you do a little research.

Take your own advice.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    Well personal experience isn't usually science. People that do HCG will swear up and down that their experience with it is a legit, safe and correct way to lose weight.
    Well you posted up there and I've NEVER seen one that had that title. Also, it's important to dispute or question information that seems incorrect because people who are not as educated in weight loss might try it.
    It's not the goal to make people feel terrible here. It is the goal to ensure correct information is passed on by many though.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Long story short--- With my intent to be helpful and the results was being trashed and abused, I have really lost all concern for this thread. I have heard nothing but insults instead if actual criticism. I will not make the mistake of trying to be helpful on this forum again. Thank you for this awful lesson that couldn't of been performed in a more childish way. You guys are absolutely amazing and I'm sure with the lives you lead you perform this act daily. Enjoy this amongst yourselves at the cost of someone else's well being. And thank you for being a part of the worlds problem. :)
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member

You posted bogus information.

You considered sitting in a hot tub cardio

You commented about adaptive thermogenesis

You told us we only needed 8 grams of protein per day

Then the evidence you supplied was how great you feel and how it works for you.

Then you called us all "retards" which is incredibly offensive.

Then you BLAME US FOR MAKING YOU FEEL TERRIBLE.

What in the world did you expect?

You have severely misunderstood how weight loss works.

^^^^^^This and most here are only posting so that if someone starting out can see a different account of how weight loss works. If we just said congrats, a new person may believe your info is correct and would then need to be corrected themselves. If you had posted in success you may have received more positive feedback but in general, this is where people look for advice.

ETA
    Long story short--- With my intent to be helpful and the results was being trashed and abused, I have really lost all concern for this thread. I have heard nothing but insults instead if actual criticism. I will not make the mistake of trying to be helpful on this forum again. Thank you for this awful lesson that couldn't of been performed in a more childish way. You guys are absolutely amazing and I'm sure with the lives you lead you perform this act daily. Enjoy this amongst yourselves at the cost of someone else's well being. And thank you for being a part of the worlds problem. :)
    My prior post I did not insult you once, I just stated facts regarding weight loss, you stating what works for you is fine but stating it as if it was fact is irresponsible and the opposite of helpful. Congrats on your success and we must all do what is right for us, but should only state facts as facts...not personal opinions.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    1388.gif
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    8 grams of protein, hot tub cardio and calling everyone the r-word. Awesome post. :huh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,908 Member
    http://www.theguardian.com/science/2014/mar/04/animal-protein-diets-smoking-meat-eggs-dairy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21102327

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2014/03/04/285879644/eat-plants-and-prosper-for-longevity-go-easy-on-the-meat-study-says

Okay, maybe I misremembered the grams of protein needed (not that I have been measuring), but the point being is we need a lot less than what we have been led to believe. Not to mention the source of where you get that protein.

http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.php
    So most journals of medicine and science will agree about .08 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight. I think you mixed the .08 gram with 8 grams total. Understandable mistake. Now about that hot tub cardio...................

IDEA Fitness member

Didin't it say 0.8 not 0.08 grams per KG? of she would be close as you would have to weight 100kgs to get 8 grams of protien if you only needed .08, but 0.8 would be 80 grams.
    Sorry, I put in too many zeros. My bad. 0.8 is CORRECT.

IDEA Fitness member
This discussion has been closed.