everyone who needs to loose 50 or more pounds

Options

Replies

• sebaseth
    sebaseth Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I started out with 56 pounds to lose and I am now down to only having 36 pounds to lose. Good luck to everyone!!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! I'm a noob here, and *NEED* to lose 63 lbs (at a minimum)! My doc just diagnosed me as Metabolic Syndrome, put me on Glucophage (not diabetic yet, but have a high % of glucose in my hemoglobin), and have a rotund waist of 40+ inches. I've been here a week, and abso luv it. Thanx to all for the support!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    HI everyone, I am new here and just found this thread.

I started my "lifestyle change" in Jan. weighing 235, I got down to 200, back up to 215, now back down to 200 as of this morning. When I hit my plateau, I gave up, but I started again at the end of June. Being a SAHM of 3 under 5, I need to get my butt in shape, I need energy without 2 pots of coffee a day! My goal is to lose 50 more lbs, so I started with having to lose 85 total. That seems overwhelming at times, so I try to take it one day at a time, one meal at time. I am so happy that I found this site.
    I am having trouble with eating all my calories though, I seem to average 900, which I KNOW is not good. But when I am not hungry, I am not going to eat. Any advice?

2 slices of whole wheat toast with peanut butter is what I use when I need some extra calories ( and tasty too!)
  • heyjuede
    heyjuede Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    gotta luv glocophage :wink: i've been on it for 2 years now. it helps with sugar levels, but did nothing for my weight. then i found this site! and wam with good food and exercise i have lost 29 out of 50 lbs! i am hoping to get low enough to not have to take it for the reasons i do. like you i am not diabetic either. my hormones are effected by my higher levels of sugar. good luck to everyone!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I started out needing to loose 75 lbs. I have 27 more to go to meet my goal. I have been over weight all of the my life, and trust me If I can do this you can do can too!! Good Luck!
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    gotta luv glocophage :wink: i've been on it for 2 years now. it helps with sugar levels, but did nothing for my weight. then i found this site! and wam with good food and exercise i have lost 29 out of 50 lbs! i am hoping to get low enough to not have to take it for the reasons i do. like you i am not diabetic either. my hormones are effected by my higher levels of sugar. good luck to everyone!

Can I ask you a kinda personal question? My doc told me that I would, definetly, in no uncertain terms, get diarrhea. Which has not happened (yet)? I am up to 1500mg a day now, 1ea for each meal. Have you had any side effects from it?
  • butterjoy
    butterjoy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    BIKECHICK, YOU SAID EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE HAD ON MY MIND. I DID NOT WANT TO OFFEND THE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THAT SAY THEY ARE FAT WHEN THEY ARE NOT.

"no offense ladies and gentlemen"! :ohwell:

ANYHOW, I AM OBESE AND HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING THE EXCESS 100 POUNDS OF FAT OFF.
    I AM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING HAVING A GASTRIC BYPASS. I DO WISH EVERY ONE LOTS OF LUCK AND HAPPINESS OF LOSING THEIR WEIGHT. :flowerforyou:

JOY
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I took Avandia, then Metformin(Glucophage), then graduated to Glyburide and Avandia together. After losing a good bit of weight I am now taking 500 MG Metformin 2 X daily and have dropped the Glyburide and Avandia. I never had any diarrhea problems.
  • heyjuede
    heyjuede Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Can I ask you a kinda personal question? My doc told me that I would, definetly, in no uncertain terms, get diarrhea. Which has not happened (yet)? I am up to 1500mg a day now, 1ea for each meal. Have you had any side effects from it?

omg! when if first started it, it was holy hell! lol it was usually an instant effect after taking it. then when they got funny and upped the dose, there we went again:noway: i take 1700mg daily.
    i would say if you haven't already been slammed with it, you may just get out of this a lucky man..ehhee:bigsmile:
  • RevinBaltimore
    Options
    Count me in - I am restarting (I hope....) and need to lose about 80 pounds. Ugh!
  • stephi92569
    Options
    I have about 174 more lbs to lose to get to my goal weight. This sight has been great for me though. My husband and I are both doing this together and we have our goals for next year set already. Good luck to everyone!!! :happy:
  • jamerz3294
    Options

omg! when if first started it, it was holy hell! lol it was usually an instant effect after taking it. then when they got funny and upped the dose, there we went again:noway: i take 1700mg daily.
    i would say if you haven't already been slammed with it, you may just get out of this a lucky man..ehhee:bigsmile:

I'm up to 1500mg, and this is the 3rd week. I started with 500mg, once per day, and now am at 3 times per day. My doc wants me to go 4 times a day, and then cap it. So well see, but is good to get someone else's experience with it, thx!
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    im shooting for 54 lbs off lost 43 so far
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    I need to lose about 100 pounds. *sighs* I've got a long road ahead of me but I know I can do it!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 100 pounds. *sighs* I've got a long road ahead of me but I know I can do it!

Awww. Don't sigh like that. Just think of all the cute outfits we'll be able to fit into!! *hugs*

Count me in this fine group too! :smile: I started with 86lbs. to lose. I wasn't doing to bad there for a while. But now I guess I've hit my first plateau. I've lost half a pound in the past two weeks or so now, but I'm hangin' in there!
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options

Awww. Don't sigh like that. Just think of all the cute outfits we'll be able to fit into!! *hugs*

Count me in this fine group too! :smile: I started with 86lbs. to lose. I wasn't doing to bad there for a while. But now I guess I've hit my first plateau. I've lost half a pound in the past two weeks or so now, but I'm hangin' in there!

I gained about 40 pounds with my son, unfortunately, but I'm glad to be getting back on track as soon as possible. Plateaus are just your body's way of saying it likes what you're doing, don't worry! Just add an extra half-hour of exercise (if you can) and that should help a lot.
  • clarice9701
    Options
    Have to say that I am glad that this topic was started. I have it down as 88 lbs to loose but would like to up that to 90. Would like it all gone now but know that if I want to keep it off I have to do this right.

If anyone has any suggestions for low cal snacking foods let me know. I work night shift and at times am the only one here, which needless to say be be very boring so I tend to munch.
  • pecksun8
    pecksun8 Posts: 570
    Options
    Well, started out to be about 90lbs to lose, but since then it has changed. Now it's 65lbs, because that's all I need to rejoin the military.

I want to go back and fight.
  • shortstack
    Options
    Yes, I am 61 yrs old 5' and I need to lose 45 lbs, sometimes I have to put my hand out to see it I am walking or rolling!!! WE CAN DO IT.
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Wooo hoooo.... I lost my first 3 lbs! The wonderful wiff sez that my Love Handles seem a bit smaller too? Mostly I'm just glad that there is such tremendous support in here, thanx to all of you! I don't know if the Glucophage had anything to do with it as I pretty much started both at about the same time. One thing I do now, however, is keep mt Food Diary screen up on my 'puter all day, and try to log any and every thing ASAP... sorta a constant reminder for me so that I can plan better.