You people are sooooo mean!

Options

Replies

• MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, the glory of all that lies within this shirt can only be seen through the power of love farts. And you don't want to know what you have to do to get that power. Lets just say I'm still removing glass from my *kitten*.

It's always great when a newbie jumps on these boards and demands attention.

Where's that "muppet-attention-*kitten*" gif when I need it?

I certainly didn't try to get this attention. Who would? *Smacks you upside head* Use your common sense!

*you're

Nice detour... Who would want all this negative attention? Why can't I just post without having it? It appears you guys are calling me an attention wh0re when all you guys are doing is giving it to me. Not only is it counter productive but a huge contradiction. How on earth can you call me an attention *kitten* when you are the ones showing all the attention?! This logic boggles my mind.

Guess what? Your "medical proof with no proof" post about something completely asinine is NOT the first to be posted! Not everything is about you. You might want to take a vacation from the interwebz today.

It seems you guys can't help but to make it about me. Has this thread not turned into the same attackers from earlier making the same lame points and jokes? Maybe you should scroll the comments and read again to get a better view before you go accusing people of liking the horribly excused behavior you all seem to exhibit.

This thread isn't about YOU -- it's about the MFP noob cliché.

You posted BS that has been posted and debunked a million times before. You reacted in a way that most do (poorly, with name calling and meanie response threads).

I didn't see a single debunk. I can tell you what i saw, but I think you know. Quit making excuses for bad behavior. Like I deserved it or something. WOW!

Okay..debunk. Lets see. Here is the citation you provided for why eating the amount of protein most people eat is "medically proven" to be bad for you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21102327

Keep in mind this is the citation that you yourself provided to back up your claim.

I invite you to now actually read your own citation.

http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/1996/11/eating-less-meat-may-help-reduce-osteoporosis-risk

That is from 1996.

You know what is more recent? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21102327

You should be familiar with that. But here's the summary, one more time: Recent epidemiological, isotopic and meta-analysis studies suggest that dietary protein works synergistically with calcium to improve calcium retention and bone metabolism. The recommendation to intentionally restrict dietary protein to improve bone health is unwarranted, and potentially even dangerous to those individuals who consume inadequate protein.

I bolded the part that specifically references the '96 study.

By all means then, attack me for not keeping up with this massive amount of information out there where people can easily get confused.

Again, Making me look dumb does not make you look smart. Just makes you look like an as$hole

My goal in explaining to you why you aren't using the best sources to prove your point is totally making me look like an *kitten* and if I wouldn't be doing that you'd totally be coming off as the Einstein of our generation.

How the crap was I coming off as Einstein? Sounds like a pathetic excuse so you don't have to feel bad for a behavior most OFFLINE people would deem unacceptable. But please, go on and tell me how wrong I am with that nose held high. It wasn't just you, but the whole bunch. If you're going to join in with the cool crowd, you must imagine that you would get the same reaction from me. I'm pretty much a target right now and you're just joining in.
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    57aba3a00dcda95af6e3cbf43ac3de58.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    11 PAGES?!?

C'mon!

Could someone give me the Cliff's/Cole's?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, the glory of all that lies within this shirt can only be seen through the power of love farts. And you don't want to know what you have to do to get that power. Lets just say I'm still removing glass from my *kitten*.

I certainly didn't try to get this attention. Who would? *Smacks you upside head* Use your common sense!

*you're

Nice detour... Who would want all this negative attention? Why can't I just post without having it? It appears you guys are calling me an attention wh0re when all you guys are doing is giving it to me. Not only is it counter productive but a huge contradiction. How on earth can you call me an attention *kitten* when you are the ones showing all the attention?! This logic boggles my mind.

Guess what? Your "medical proof with no proof" post about something completely asinine is NOT the first to be posted! Not everything is about you. You might want to take a vacation from the interwebz today.

It seems you guys can't help but to make it about me. Has this thread not turned into the same attackers from earlier making the same lame points and jokes? Maybe you should scroll the comments and read again to get a better view before you go accusing people of liking the horribly excused behavior you all seem to exhibit.

You posted BS that has been posted and debunked a million times before. You reacted in a way that most do (poorly, with name calling and meanie response threads).

I didn't see a single debunk. I can tell you what i saw, but I think you know. Quit making excuses for bad behavior. Like I deserved it or something. WOW!

Okay..debunk. Lets see. Here is the citation you provided for why eating the amount of protein most people eat is "medically proven" to be bad for you.

Keep in mind this is the citation that you yourself provided to back up your claim.

http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/1996/11/eating-less-meat-may-help-reduce-osteoporosis-risk

That is from 1996.

You should be familiar with that. But here's the summary, one more time: Recent epidemiological, isotopic and meta-analysis studies suggest that dietary protein works synergistically with calcium to improve calcium retention and bone metabolism. The recommendation to intentionally restrict dietary protein to improve bone health is unwarranted, and potentially even dangerous to those individuals who consume inadequate protein.

By all means then, attack me for not keeping up with this massive amount of information out there where people can easily get confused.

Again, Making me look dumb does not make you look smart. Just makes you look like an as$hole

Not attacking you for being confused, attacking you for propagating and disseminating mininformation in a public forum before bothering to get your facts straight by investigating the publically available research. If you don't know enough about a subject, don't talk about it publically or if you do expect people to chime in with any critisisms.

And i'm supposed to trust that you know you're *kitten*?

I don't think you trust me at all no. I don't think mentioning my Ph.D. in molecular biology or my focus on protein biochemistry would actually convince you either, nor should it. Ones correctness does not stem from ones authority or ones study but on what citations and research one can provide to back up ones claims.
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I investigated your link to cornell.

This article is referencing a book, non-peer reviewed, by a Dr. T. Collin Campbell cited here:

[1] Campbell, T. Colin, PhD, with Thomas M. Campbell II, The China Study: Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, and Long-Term Health, Dallas: BenBella Books, 2004, p. 4.

Dr. Campbell, a vegetarian and political activist, wrote this book and published it. It has been widely discredited but is thumped like a bible by vegitarians who want to claim that eating protein is bad for you. There are no studies that back this up in the peer reviewed literarture...at all. Your link, although on the cornell.edu website, is an editorial article talking about Dr. Campbell's findings and not in and of itself a study.

All studies and metaanalysis in the peer review literature either directly refute the claims made in this book or do not support them.

I invite you to google "Dr. Campbell China study" and look into this for yourself.

I will and thank you. This is more like the criticism I was looking for. Is it really so hard to do it in a more reasonable manner?
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

*your
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much a target right now

All right, who's in charge of mind control and forcing poor Jenni to continue posting in this thread and responding to people she thinks are targeting her?

Come on. Fess up!
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options

*your

Both work ....
  • RobsGirl_lds
    RobsGirl_lds Posts: 211
    Options
    Oh you pretty much deserved what you got in that thread. But as was stated earlier I don't think this thread is about you, it is about your archetype sure...it was probably inspired by you yeah...but to consider it all about you is taking it a bit far. I think people are just blowing off some steam related to post quality on these forums.

I can see you guys play a big part in contribution towards post quality--and I don't mean that in a good way.

41B98B3VK2L.gif
    Problem with this is, if you dig it wider, you can slowly do your self out. To be more accurate it must specify to stop digging down. Not sure if I'm making sence.:tongue:
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options

All right, who's in charge of mind control and forcing poor Jenni to continue posting in this thread and responding to people she thinks are targeting her?

Come on. Fess up!

shutterstock_54963838.jpg
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Oh you pretty much deserved what you got in that thread. But as was stated earlier I don't think this thread is about you, it is about your archetype sure...it was probably inspired by you yeah...but to consider it all about you is taking it a bit far. I think people are just blowing off some steam related to post quality on these forums.

I can see you guys play a big part in contribution towards post quality--and I don't mean that in a good way.

41B98B3VK2L.gif
    Problem with this is, if you dig it wider, you can slowly do your self out. To be more accurate it must specify to stop digging down. Not sure if I'm making sence.:tongue:

No amount of sideways digging would save this disaster.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    In to finish reading when I get home from work :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: this has been pretty entertaining
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Come on. Fess up!

Well, she's very upset and seems to not want to be a part of it anymore, so can you please either release her or direct her to the X in the right-hand corner? This is just mean now. The poor girl doesn't want the attention. She said so!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    And it keeps going.
    fairy_tail_fist_pump_by_zombiegirl01-d4i4qla.gif

5 more pages in the time it took me to eat my lunch!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

*your

Both work ....

Hah hah, I suppose they do :-)
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    ME NEED GELATO!!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

*you're

That is from 1996.

My goal in explaining to you why you aren't using the best sources to prove your point is totally making me look like an *kitten* and if I wouldn't be doing that you'd totally be coming off as the Einstein of our generation.

How the crap was I coming off as Einstein? Sounds like a pathetic excuse so you don't have to feel bad for a behavior most OFFLINE people would deem unacceptable. But please, go on and tell me how wrong I am with that nose held high. It wasn't just you, but the whole bunch. If you're going to join in with the cool crowd, you must imagine that you would get the same reaction from me. I'm pretty much a target right now and you're just joining in.

Stereotypical newb response: DEFLECT, DEFLECT, DEFLECT!

Correcting you is not attacking you. Grow up!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I dont know how to do gifs lol TEACH ME!

{IMG}http://www.iamsofreakingfullofawesome.gifDo this, only change the IMG to img and insert the link to whatever gif gold you have come across. You can often acquire that link by right clicking, selecting properties and it will be under Address.  I hope this lesson in internet fun has served you well.  ALLONS-Y!

lol didn't work. Thank you for trying to help my though!

[i m g] www.gif [/ i m g]
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

Come on. Fess up!

:laugh: :drinker:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    11 PAGES?!?

C'mon!

Could someone give me the Cliff's/Cole's?
    someone keeps going round and round with everyone else.

it's getting old.