You people are sooooo mean!

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I have had to of put well over an hour into the topic. Still arguing a completely different argument than everyone else. It's amazing how I run into this problem over and over again. I have been accused of not being able to let go of something I have never held on to. My beliefs on my original topic have been talked about and I have new information to read. My concerns about how I was talked to has been ignored and teased at best. How can one show so much concern for misinformation but not mistreatment? It seems the scales are way off balance here and that people need to review their mental health as well as their physical.

Is it amazing? Really?!? Because I'm not amazed that you have this issue over and over at all.

You...I like you...
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    THE OP CREATED THIS POST WITH ME IN MIND TEASING MY LAST THREAD THAT WAS TAKEN DOWN. PEOPLE JOINING INTO THINGS WITHOUT KNOWING HOW MORONIC THE STATEMENTS IM ARGUING ARE IS REALLY ANNOYING! THEY ARE PROBABLY THE DUMBEST PEOPLE IN THIS ARGUMENT.

The best thing you could do here, is step back, power down your electronics, and calm down. You are not helping your case at all.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    THE OP CREATED THIS POST WITH ME IN MIND TEASING MY LAST THREAD THAT WAS TAKEN DOWN. PEOPLE JOINING INTO THINGS WITHOUT KNOWING HOW MORONIC THE STATEMENTS IM ARGUING ARE IS REALLY ANNOYING! THEY ARE PROBABLY THE DUMBEST PEOPLE IN THIS ARGUMENT.

I am amazed that you can read the minds of people over the internet.

Scully and Mulder will be by to chat with you later.

And then pack your bags b/c Magneto is on his way to hire you.

I misread that...

...and was very confused.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhhllEyB21byD3s3szlPFpWeYdLdDAPpeRQrEbPj0VciOvxWcjIg
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you guys have so little knowledge of abuse. I hope this will not cause problems in your future since it is such a huge problem. Just hope a daughter doesn't have to die before someone cares to learn. f*n* sad. Sickening even.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    #1, I didn't make myself a target. I posted what I thought was a helpful post which apparently you all deemed was making me target worthy. #2 Each and every post I have made since I have been teased. If you are telling me I deserved that, then you have a mighty sadistic way of thinking.

You posted two "you're all mean" threads following your first thread, basically taunting people, whom you referred to as "morons" to respond. Did you expect kittens and rainbows?

Then you came to a thread that was going to be no more than a bunch of silly gifs (actually kittens and rainbows) and brought everything back up and continued posting and instead of just leaving, which would save you a lot of stress, you keep coming back.

And then you claim you're being abused.

I have been abused. You are not being abused. You are, however, clearly a masochist. You obviously enjoy the negative attention or you wouldn't keep posting. No one is following you around doing this. You are going right for the places where you will receive negative attention and practically begging for it.

When I finally split from my abuser, I did not then seek him out every chance I got.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    RobsGirl_lds Posts: 211
    Options
    I'm sorry, the glory of all that lies within this shirt can only be seen through the power of love farts. And you don't want to know what you have to do to get that power. Lets just say I'm still removing glass from my *kitten*.

It's always great when a newbie jumps on these boards and demands attention.

Where's that "muppet-attention-*kitten*" gif when I need it?

I certainly didn't try to get this attention. Who would? *Smacks you upside head* Use your common sense!

*you're

Nice detour... Who would want all this negative attention? Why can't I just post without having it? It appears you guys are calling me an attention wh0re when all you guys are doing is giving it to me. Not only is it counter productive but a huge contradiction. How on earth can you call me an attention *kitten* when you are the ones showing all the attention?! This logic boggles my mind.

Guess what? Your "medical proof with no proof" post about something completely asinine is NOT the first to be posted! Not everything is about you. You might want to take a vacation from the interwebz today.

It seems you guys can't help but to make it about me. Has this thread not turned into the same attackers from earlier making the same lame points and jokes? Maybe you should scroll the comments and read again to get a better view before you go accusing people of liking the horribly excused behavior you all seem to exhibit.

This thread isn't about YOU -- it's about the MFP noob cliché.

You posted BS that has been posted and debunked a million times before. You reacted in a way that most do (poorly, with name calling and meanie response threads).

I didn't see a single debunk. I can tell you what i saw, but I think you know. Quit making excuses for bad behavior. Like I deserved it or something. WOW!

Okay..debunk. Lets see. Here is the citation you provided for why eating the amount of protein most people eat is "medically proven" to be bad for you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21102327

Keep in mind this is the citation that you yourself provided to back up your claim.

I invite you to now actually read your own citation.

http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/1996/11/eating-less-meat-may-help-reduce-osteoporosis-risk

That is from 1996.

You know what is more recent? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21102327

You should be familiar with that. But here's the summary, one more time: Recent epidemiological, isotopic and meta-analysis studies suggest that dietary protein works synergistically with calcium to improve calcium retention and bone metabolism. The recommendation to intentionally restrict dietary protein to improve bone health is unwarranted, and potentially even dangerous to those individuals who consume inadequate protein.

I bolded the part that specifically references the '96 study.

By all means then, attack me for not keeping up with this massive amount of information out there where people can easily get confused.

Again, Making me look dumb does not make you look smart. Just makes you look like an as$hole

Not attacking you for being confused, attacking you for propagating and disseminating mininformation in a public forum before bothering to get your facts straight by investigating the publically available research. If you don't know enough about a subject, don't talk about it publically or if you do expect people to chime in with any critisisms.

And i'm supposed to trust that you know you're *kitten*?

I don't think you trust me at all know. I don't think mentioning my Ph.D. in molecular biology or my focus on protein biochemistry would actually convince you either, nor should it. Ones correctness does not stem from ones authority or ones study but on what citations and research one can provide to back up ones claims.

And hows your bedside manner doc? I don't care what you have to tell me if you're going to tell me in a way that is insulting to my well being. I have the right to protect myself from attacks even if that means remaining ignorant. Because as a DOCTOR should know that one teaches others how to treat them. I'm new to this whole diet and exercise stuff, but psychology I am not. And I can tell you with 100% certainty that I endured cyber abuse today. Which didn't stop short of all the classic abuse signs and symptoms. From convincing the victim that they are deserving of the abuse/ or that I asked for it to the very obvious belittling. But then again, I don't expect much to be educated on abuse here or this probably would not of happened.
    Sitting back and reading your responses, most of them start with attacks on the person you are responding to. While it is possible for people to take a high road when replyin to you, the continual abuse you spew through your keyboard makes that less likely.

The only thing you can change in the world is yourself and how you react to situations.

Some of you people can even read this?
    I eat my carrots!:laugh:
  • crohnsfighter
    crohnsfighter Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    u2Tr4Aj.jpg
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you guys have so little knowledge of abuse. I hope this will not cause problems in your future since it is such a huge problem. Just hope a daughter doesn't have to die before someone cares to learn. f*n* sad. Sickening even.

Okay so we decided that wife-beating wasn't a sufficient analogy to being told you are wrong on the internet so we scaled it up to having your child DIE.

You just excel at digging holes don't you.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I am amazed that you can read the minds of people over the internet.

Scully and Mulder will be by to chat with you later.

And then pack your bags b/c Magneto is on his way to hire you.

I misread that...

...and was very confused.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhhllEyB21byD3s3szlPFpWeYdLdDAPpeRQrEbPj0VciOvxWcjIg

i struggled to find out the name of the guy who recruited everyone? was it professor x?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I feel like I'd thought you had already crossed a line and couldn't get any worse...and then you did.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I missed the part where your life is in danger based on this message board ...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

#1, I didn't make myself a target. I posted what I thought was a helpful post which apparently you all deemed was making me target worthy. #2 Each and every post I have made since I have been teased. If you are telling me I deserved that, then you have a mighty sadistic way of thinking. #3, I have been arguing the way I was treated which was bad enough for an admin to remove. Not because of my topic, but because of how I was treated. I have several PM's from other MFP posters stating that you guys can be cruel. Why would I get 20+ of those if there was NO CRUELTY? No, you're way should not be how it works. And I'm not a victim, however a lot here are bullies. I'm too strong for all of your words to mean too much to me. As far as I'm concerned, you guys are the reason why the internet has become so dehumanized with blanketed quotes to make yourselves feel better about it.

VIle

You posted a bunch of misinformation, you posted terrible sources or sources that proved the opposite of what you were saying, then you called people names and created not one, but two threads calling more attention to the situation, then you enter this thread and make a million ridiculous comments trying to be funny --- if that is not calling attention to one's self in the worst possible way....
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I agree..
    step back MissJenni..
    as entertaining as this has been for me today.. :blushing:
    It's starting to become sad.
    ...However i do believe you shall apologize to the people who (were not included in this little war of love) were offended by the disgusting metaphors and unnecessary name-calling you have posted all day. :huh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I was the daughter that almost died. Do NOT tell me I don't know about abuse. Now get on that phone call, missy. I'm waiting.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I missed the part where your life is in danger based on this message board ...

I missed the part where there was a relationship between her and the rest of us.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I can't tell now if your/you're is being used incorrectly on purpose...

I'M BEING TROLLED BY MY OWN BRAIN!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

#1, I didn't make myself a target. I posted what I thought was a helpful post which apparently you all deemed was making me target worthy. #2 Each and every post I have made since I have been teased. If you are telling me I deserved that, then you have a mighty sadistic way of thinking. #3, I have been arguing the way I was treated which was bad enough for an admin to remove. Not because of my topic, but because of how I was treated. I have several PM's from other MFP posters stating that you guys can be cruel. Why would I get 20+ of those if there was NO CRUELTY? No, you're way should not be how it works. And I'm not a victim, however a lot here are bullies. I'm too strong for all of your words to mean too much to me. As far as I'm concerned, you guys are the reason why the internet has become so dehumanized with blanketed quotes to make yourselves feel better about it.

VIle

You posted a bunch of misinformation, you posted terrible sources or sources that proved the opposite of what you were saying, then you called people names and created not one, but two threads calling more attention to the situation, then you enter this thread and make a million ridiculous comments trying to be funny --- if that is not calling attention to one's self in the worst possible way....
  • MissJenniLee
    MissJenniLee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    #1, I didn't make myself a target. I posted what I thought was a helpful post which apparently you all deemed was making me target worthy. #2 Each and every post I have made since I have been teased. If you are telling me I deserved that, then you have a mighty sadistic way of thinking.

You posted two "you're all mean" threads following your first thread, basically taunting people, whom you referred to as "morons" to respond. Did you expect kittens and rainbows?

Then you came to a thread that was going to be no more than a bunch of silly gifs (actually kittens and rainbows) and brought everything back up and continued posting and instead of just leaving, which would save you a lot of stress, you keep coming back.

And then you claim you're being abused.

I have been abused. You are not being abused. You are, however, clearly a masochist. You obviously enjoy the negative attention or you wouldn't keep posting. No one is following you around doing this. You are going right for the places where you will receive negative attention and practically begging for it.

When I finally split from my abuser, I did not then seek him out every chance I got.

Have you been abused? You seem to have very little information about abuse. I have been abused, worked as an advocate against abuse, have my own site, and have helped many people. SO, maybe you need to research a little before you make such high factual claims. For you to even mention that I am begging for it shows how little knowledge you have. That is classic "victim blaming". One of the many dynamics of abuse. Abuse isn't just hitting or name calling.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options

Rottenecards_36436116_2pp2wy53gd.png

This was not called for. Seriously, it is really ok to walk away. Why not go for a jog to calm down? If at work, well do work. Breath, live, enjoy life.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    New on this thread and it looks like everyone is doing well on their weight loss and lifestyle changes. Do you want to share any secrets?

Reading & Replying keeps me from going into the refrigerator and pantry and eating all the food.