You people are sooooo mean!

Options

Replies

• KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    You guys are far too frustrating and incredibly SLOW.... you are the weakest links. Goodbye

(This is how I win)

But do you have a plan?

giphy.gif
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    In for more sadness.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    RobsGirl_lds Posts: 211
    Options
    Your definition of abuse would mean that at my job we do nothing but abuse each other day in and day out. Being verbally critical of other adults stated claims is not abuse, its my job and the job of my co-workers.

I've made comments about this before. I'd be interested in getting some numbers on the "mean" people versus unicorn sunshine people and their professional and academic backgrounds.

Science is 100% mean people by this definition. Pretty much all we do is sit in rooms where people are trying to give their ideas about how something works and when they are done talking we just criticize the hell out of whatever it was they said. Then later you stand up and justify your interpretation of the results and then they all have the audacity to verbally critisize you....and in public no less. The audacity.

Scientists are total *ssholes

This was my thinking, as a fellow scientist :wink:

ETA: and I've been loving your posts in this thread. I do mostly behavioral work, but still.
    Does stay at home mom studding Econ count?
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I kinda can't believe the first part of the thread got poofed, and the roll is still here.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Stop. It's not really funny anymore. I get it, you don't agree with what she said. It's enough.
    dead-horse_zps4367c781.gif
    I disagreed with her first post. I'm disgusted and offended by the rest.

You should be, you are one of my targets. Not to mention the confusion I feel over YOU being offended and disgusted.

Somebody please teach her how to properly flounce.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Your definition of abuse would mean that at my job we do nothing but abuse each other day in and day out. Being verbally critical of other adults stated claims is not abuse, its my job and the job of my co-workers.

I've made comments about this before. I'd be interested in getting some numbers on the "mean" people versus unicorn sunshine people and their professional and academic backgrounds.

Science is 100% mean people by this definition. Pretty much all we do is sit in rooms where people are trying to give their ideas about how something works and when they are done talking we just criticize the hell out of whatever it was they said. Then later you stand up and justify your interpretation of the results and then they all have the audacity to verbally critisize you....and in public no less. The audacity.

ETA: and I've been loving your posts in this thread. I do mostly behavioral work, but still.

Only if you are an *sshole too ;-)
  • ellechim1
    ellechim1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You know, I feel so special. I think the attention-*kitten* might just have me on ignore. Does this mean she doesn't actually want my attention?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It's important to always
    do+your+research.gif

In before the lock/poof, because I got to page 18 before it went.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I kinda can't believe the first part of the thread got poofed, and the roll is still here.

So, really it's only the die-hards that are still here?
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    In for more sadness.

Turn that frown.....

upside_down_stars_34.jpg

Upside down!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

h81ECB1E9
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

I suppose I will never understand the emotional response some people give to criticism on an internet forum, likely because that response was beat out of me by my training long long ago.

Yup, after the first time you spend DAYS as an emotional wreck from your advisers critique of your work, you either quit or learn to up your @sshole-fu.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Everybody into the pool!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27154-1385053822-35.gif
  • RobsGirl_lds
    RobsGirl_lds Posts: 211
    Options

Only according to those who respond first with emotion and completely ignore reason.:D
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    blahblah2.jpg
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    mfw-my-pizza-order-is-taking-longer-than-anticipated-13897.gif
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

Only according to those who respond first with emotion and completely ignore reason.:D

Three cheers for the analytical mind!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

h81ECB1E9

LOL
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Stop. It's not really funny anymore. I get it, you don't agree with what she said. It's enough.
    dead-horse_zps4367c781.gif
    I disagreed with her first post. I'm disgusted and offended by the rest.

You should be, you are one of my targets. Not to mention the confusion I feel over YOU being offended and disgusted.

All right. I give. Someone needs to let it go. That is apparently not happening. So....tumblr_md4gbuif4p1rwvybm_zpsc3f8d586.gif