I want an *kitten*!

Options

Replies

• andylowry
    andylowry Posts: 89
    Options
    As a sufferer of the dread Male Pattern *kitten* Loss (MPAL), I can relate. Walking doesn't help.
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Good form in what ever you do is essential! You can do all the exercises you want but you need to activate the glutes. It is not unheard of to do squats, deadlifts, running, etc without activating your glutes, some people just allow their hamstrings, quads, and back to take over. I am seconding Brett Contrares. I just finished his beginning program a few weeks ago and have seen improvement in my flat butt. Now I am moving on to the advanced program. You can find it in the book "Strong Curves". Brett knows what he is talking about and he is considered the glute guy!
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you want a big *kitten*???

I dont necessarily want a BIG *kitten*...I want an *kitten* that is not flat and has shadows of my love handles on it.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    lol Yeah...it is hard to explain..but basically my love handles are bigger/stick out more than my *kitten* does. It is not pleasant for anyone.

I am guessing the love handles just need to go with calorie deficit, thought maybe building my *kitten* muscles up so it is bigger than my love handles might help too.

I guess, the best case is to continue with a deficit (still about 46 lbs to go) and do squats, legs, etc with weights?

Yup.

Squats, Deadlifts, Split Squats.

Hill sprints help too.

I did not even think about hill sprints! :D I am finding it difficult to find alternatives to "squats and deadlifts"...for me, they are not the most enjoyable work out, though I imagine it is worth it. I can easily start running hills though, thanks!
  • Swilla_Swole
    Swilla_Swole Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Look up Jennifer Selter. She is famous for her posterior. Although I think the major factor is genetics I'm sure she can guide you in your quest for a nice *kitten*. Please don't forget to post before and after pics. lol
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    lol Yeah...it is hard to explain..but basically my love handles are bigger/stick out more than my *kitten* does. It is not pleasant for anyone.

I am guessing the love handles just need to go with calorie deficit, thought maybe building my *kitten* muscles up so it is bigger than my love handles might help too.

I guess, the best case is to continue with a deficit (still about 46 lbs to go) and do squats, legs, etc with weights?

Yup.

Squats, Deadlifts, Split Squats.

Hill sprints help too.

I did not even think about hill sprints! :D I am finding it difficult to find alternatives to "squats and deadlifts"...for me, they are not the most enjoyable work out, though I imagine it is worth it. I can easily start running hills though, thanks!

Hip thrusts and glute bridges...squats and DL...those 4 will build you a butt...

even bodyweight squats and lighter weight dumbells help out a lot.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have a flat butt...and I hate it. Does bulking and working the gluteus muscles build a bigger butt? AND When you bulk...how many calories OVER TDEE does one aim for?

You don't necessarly need a bulk to achieve a more sculpted behind. Compound exercises like Squats and deadlifts are great. Also, Hip thrusters, glute bridge, walking lunges......

Check out Bret Contreras for more info...

http://bretcontreras.com/
    + 1 Bret Contreras is THE assman
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Weighted squats and lunges have definitely helped me.

I've always had a small flat *kitten*, but recently it's becoming rounded which I am liking!

I also do glute bridge and other things mentioned, but mainly squats and lunges. I started with like 4kg free weights, now I do it with 10kg barbells and am gradually increasing the weights.

:love:
  • Tic150
    Tic150 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Squating won't do much. Of course it will help, but doing only one type of move won't make a huge difference, even if you do 1000 reps. You need to work your gluteus maximus, as well as your lower back and hamstrings. There are youtube videos that work all the muscle groups that need to be worked in other to get a nice butt. I really like Blogilates. She has a workout calendar on her website. You can download it if you submit to the newsletter.
  • HopeNShelton
    HopeNShelton Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I will also throw in the *kitten* I have he is 175 lbs not bad to look at but an *kitten*.... lmao..
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you want a big *kitten*???

Some people like having a curvy body shape. I am determined to keep my big *kitten*!
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I have a flat butt...and I hate it. Does bulking and working the gluteus muscles build a bigger butt? AND When you bulk...how many calories OVER TDEE does one aim for?

You don't necessarly need a bulk to achieve a more sculpted behind. Compound exercises like Squats and deadlifts are great. Also, Hip thrusters, glute bridge, walking lunges......

+ 1 Bret Contreras is THE assman

++1

Just started the Gluteal Goddess program of Strong Curves (there are 4 different programs in the book) and have already started seeing improvements in shapeliness. Hip thrusts are king in building the glutes in my opinion. I was doing Strong Lifts 5x5 and then started throwing in hip thrusts and the glutes started shaping up much faster.
  • Bennysammysofie2
    Options
    My wife has a 200 lb *kitten* ????
    Not always attached ????
  • kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options
    my prof pic lol
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Your doing gods work ladies. I hope you realize that. May your shapeley *kitten* bring a ray of sunshine into the lives of all who behold them ;P
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Hit the squats. Dead lifts etc. the shape these exercises can bring out omg.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

^^ this....hip thrusters, deadlifts and walking lunges for the win to build a booty
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Where is BrainyBurro with a picture when we need him?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: