Replies

• MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I am disobedient and am offering mine.

Olive oil mister? would never use

Blender?
    - Two FKN BUTTONS! Not 15!
    - make it strong enough to make a smoothie without me needing to stop and stir, stop and stir
    - easy to clean when the stupid o ring leaks... or better yet... NO LEAKS

Scale?
    - sync feature so that I don't instantly forget what weight I had after I take the stupid food off the scale
    -OR... label feature... press a button and a tiny label comes out with the weight in g and oz for me to stick on my container and log later.

Gender design? Apparently I am not feminine, as I like black, shiny and powerful sounding blenders. Not something that sounds like a wind up toy that barbie would use. Market to me.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    How about a food scale that talks to you? "You're smart enough, you're strong enough and dog-gonit people like you."
  • Bryan190
    Bryan190 Posts: 54
    Options
    Who knew kitchen scales were gender based? Seriously, the perfect digital scale for me would have the normal tare and unit toggle buttons plus the ability to enter serving size in grams or ounces (keypad required) and would simultaneously display both the weight and number of servings. If you wanted to geek it out then have an advanced model that could communicate with your smartphone and/or MFP via bluetooth, with voice search for foods and nutritional info.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    There is a rich history of gender-based marketing fails that disagrees with you. Particularly in the last decade. Look no further than Bic walking back their lady pens last year after that marketing fiasco. Or the dozens of various tech products designed for women. Likewise with the number of men's H&B products that fail. Sure, a few of those survive because they have merit as products. That happens in spite of their marketing. As a rule, this type of thinking is fading fast from the marketing landscape because it simply doesn't move product.

In other words, it takes a special kind of insecure man to buy a product of lesser quality simply because it has "Fer Menz!!!" on the package.

Your personal contempt for the preferences and gender expression of others does not impact the accuracy of my observations.

That's what I thought.

Your rhetorical prowess defies all comparison.
  • pmr545
    pmr545 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a food scale that I use constantly.... it's flat, stainless (so just needs wiping down) and very simply. It's about the size of a 7 inch tablet and about the same thickness.

Olive Oil Mister....I don't have one but now I want one. I'm picturing a glass bottle, so I can see the oil, with a simply spray top.

Smoothy maker... I don't have one of these either, but would want it industrial strength and very easy to clean. I hate cleaning these things.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    how about a scale that looks like an industrial scale for weighing heavy equipment diamond cut metal pads , don't call it a smoothie men don't drink smoothies they drink protein shakes. or boosters. olive oil should be called internal lube or something like that , fat burning torch fluid. don't add too much stuff to it and cheapen it up for a fathers day gag gift. needs to be small enough to slip back in your desk maybe collapse able, and should also have weight to calorie conversion for generic meats and grains sugars , bread. that feature would be awesome as well. feel free to email me if you like more ideas.
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    I just want a 7-7'6" ultralite spinning rod with a good blank and good components that is a fast action.

Apparently this product is impossible to produce as no rod maker has gotten it right yet.

Nope.
    But here, take this oil mister that makes sex noises.
    Enjoy.

Or, try the Temple Fork Outfitters Gary Loomis Signature Series Spinning Rod in 7'6" in fast action. TFO + G. Loomis = Solid rod without a killer price tag.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Whatever you make, brand it "Special Forces".
    A Tactical Juicer has potential.
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Not a guy but I think I can offer you some insight...

First, you're barking up the wrong tree. Most guys don't do gadgets and if they do, it's because a woman in their life bought it for them.

Men SO do gadgets. Just maybe not kitchen ones.

A smoothie maker that is easy to clean ANYONE would buy though, to be fair.

I should have been clear... men don't do gadgets that aren't sold at Home Depot or the car/fishing/sports section of Walmart. :laugh:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Not a guy but I think I can offer you some insight...

First, you're barking up the wrong tree. Most guys don't do gadgets and if they do, it's because a woman in their life bought it for them.

Men SO do gadgets. Just maybe not kitchen ones.

A smoothie maker that is easy to clean ANYONE would buy though, to be fair.

I should have been clear... men don't do gadgets that aren't sold at Home Depot or the car/fishing/sports section of Walmart. :laugh:

What? I love gadgets on any way shape or size. Sports, auto, kitchen, whatever. My favorite kitchen appliances? I have a mandolier, a soda maker, a keurig.

If a device has Bluetooth or wireless and syncs with my phone out computer I automatically love it. My Garmin gps uploads my workouts to my computer with ease. I love controlling my Xbox and cable tv with my phone.

Don't generalize.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what clean eating appliances are, but generally as far as appliances go:

- Functionality is much more important than aesthetics.
    - Minimalist with no unneeded bonus features. Complexity for its own sake means something more to go wrong.
    - Available/less proprietary parts. Replaceable battery, etc.
    - No built in/planned obsolescence.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Whatever you make, brand it "Special Forces".
    A Tactical Juicer has potential.

Matte black finish, tanto-edged blades.
  • GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Well... whatever you come up with, I bet I can buy it for $10 cheaper on eBay :laugh:
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Stuff that is easy to clean. Better yet, stuff that cleans itself. I HATE cleaning kitchen gadgets.
  • mrsmustgetmuscles1
    mrsmustgetmuscles1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Something that is easy for my wife to use and clean. :glasses:

Oh, you are SO funny :tongue:
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Stainless steel. Bushed metal. Clean, surgical appearance. Some elegant lighting. Nothing else.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Something that is easy for my wife to use and clean. :glasses:

Oh, you are SO funny :tongue:

:) Love you.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm a woman, I'd just like to say that anything you can do to make appliances look badass would be awesome. Like, my Ninja food processor looks pretty badass and has a badass name. It's a badass blender.

Speaking from my own opinion, manly appliances = strong, durable, with a cool name and a decent dark colour. And EASY TO CLEAN. Oh my goodness. (Actually, the Ninja blender actually got that down pretty well too. I can take everything apart and just chuck it in the dishwasher)
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I'd want mine to come with a woman to operate them . . . :wink: