I want an *kitten*!

Options

Replies

• jocelynkay01
    jocelynkay01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    maybe look into your body composition. work to get that hour glass shape. thinning our your mid section to give illusion of larger butt! obviously also SQUATS! and the lovely lunges. Bulgarian squats... I have a love hate relationship with those! but LOVE deadlifts!!!

keep up the hard work! trust me in time it will come! keep going!
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have a flat butt...and I hate it. Does bulking and working the gluteus muscles build a bigger butt? AND When you bulk...how many calories OVER TDEE does one aim for?

You don't necessarly need a bulk to achieve a more sculpted behind. Compound exercises like Squats and deadlifts are great. Also, Hip thrusters, glute bridge, walking lunges......

Check out Bret Contreras for more info...

http://bretcontreras.com/
    + 1 Bret Contreras is THE assman

+2

+3
    so, what you're saying is, Bret Contreras knows hit booties?
    Yes he does.
  • FraggleRockerFitnessLover
    Options
    You can have half of mine and we will both be good...
  • tropicaltiger
    tropicaltiger Posts: 254
    Options
    do squats and dead leg lifts-that will help just make sure you do them correctly-I do heavy lifting a lot of cardio-stairstepper good luck
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    In.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    This is a good article by Bret Contreras:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/dispelling_the_glute_myth

Sorry if it's been posted already, I didn't skim through to look.
  • Beautiful_Pain
    Beautiful_Pain Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank your mom for that flat butt :tongue:

Now go look up Pauline Nordin and get her Butt Bible!
  • annemariemk4
    annemariemk4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Squats, Squats, Squats! Not only does wonders on butts, its an entire body workout! amazing
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/dispelling_the_glute_myth

Awesome article. Thanks I hadn't seen that one before.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    So, squat away, do your deadlifts, do ballet kicks, kicking behind you while standing up straight and facing a wall or barre, and you will see a difference.

Kicks like that (plus stuff like bird dogs and superman holds) are a surprisingly good glute workout. Even walking with obscenely exaggerated glute activation.

Once the movement passes into the hyperextension zone, the load needed to really work the glutes good goes way down, especially if the movement includes ab activation (an antagonist).
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    want an *kitten* I have a 255lb one in my house... you can have him.
    mines only 190 and ill throw in free shipping.lol
    LOL!!!
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Don't need to necessarily bulk. I always had a pancake butt and even my own mother would make fun of me for it. I've been lifting consistently for about six months now, including doing squats and deadlifts and my butt has definitely improved. I wish I had taken before and after pictures but now it fills out my pants where it didn't before, and even my mom has commented that it looks better. It's not a super amazing butt but it is better than before and will probably continue to improve. You do have to make sure you get enough protein.
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

Bump to read later.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I've always had plenty of junk in the trunk, but thanks to squats and deadlifts, I am developing a very distict line between *kitten* and leg. My trunk-junk is rounder and higher, and seems to climb up half an inch every week :)
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    bump for review
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of an *kitten*.
  • smiles9090
    smiles9090 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Completely agree
  • bkw61
    bkw61 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Genetics ugh. I also have flat *kitten*....my dad does as well as one of my sons. Nothing has changed it. For those with one u have no idea how hard it is to keep pants up without one! belts help minimal. And drawstrings arent flaterring.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    want an *kitten* I have a 255lb one in my house... you can have him.

Lol.... Funny
  • vms4evr
    vms4evr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This! +99... As the others said. It is very well organized, detailed examples of the each exercise. Well written and broken down. Guys can use this book too! It ain't just gals and round buns. Worth the $20 easily.

http://www.amazon.com/Strong-Curves-Womans-Building-Better/dp/1936608642/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1400169694&sr=8-1&keywords=bret+contreras