pics of my belly. it won't get flat! :(

Options

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Diet - Healthy proteins, veggies, fruits, lots of water etc!!

Once you lose body fat, it will slowly reduce and get flatter/smaller.

Just keep exercising, mixing things up. Lots of core or ab work for the tummy area.

I do kettlecise, and used to do body pump classes, that may help.

Also I notice when I lower my carb intake.... Belly is much flatter : )

Bloats when I eat too much bread/pasta etc
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    My research as been you need to eat super clean and super low simple carbs. Eat fruit and vegetables with ample protein. Way more veggies than fruits. You're looking good so keep at it. Our bodies aren't aware of calendars I'm finding out. Slowly but surely I'm becoming the best me. Though it's not on the schedule I wanted I'm so much happier that I'm ON a schedule of healthy eating and exercise.

keep researching…as eating clean and low cabs has nothing to do with weight loss..

please define "super clean"….
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Does it look like its still fat? Should I continue a deficit? Its so giggly and gross and the picture make it look better than it really is! Any suggestions?

Side:
    076316aa-b784-4733-a8b1-6de7f98c4173_zpsae11c04d.jpg

Front:
    87602ae5-f046-4a73-93d1-ffc32cbabb93_zps31148afb.jpg

I wanted to see the pics
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thx evryone. Reason I eat dunkin everyday is because I work there. I start at 4 am till 12 in the afternoon so I need to eat something lol
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Thx evryone. Reason I eat dunkin everyday is because I work there. I start at 4 am till 12 in the afternoon so I need to eat something lol

Cook something the night before, heat it in the morning and eat it on the way to work. There are even pre-made breakfast sandwiches in the freezer aisle that have decent protein content. I eat breakfast, lunch and a snack at work.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Now you got me confused, soooo many threads where its mentioned that you can get to your goal as long as you are at a deficit and now the OP can't eat at Dunkin D so...what is it then??? Sorry kind of new here but am I missing something?...Fire away!
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Now you got me confused, soooo many threads where its mentioned that you can get to your goal as long as you are at a deficit and now the OP can't eat at Dunkin D so...what is it then??? Sorry kind of new here but am I missing something?...Fire away!

She can eat dunkin donuts.

Her problem is that she complains she doesn't get in enough protein. She also isn't being accurate with her logging. She can have dunkin donuts if it doesn't keep her from reaching her protein, which is seems like it is. It's called IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) and if she isn't hitting her protein macro (which is set far too low) then she needs to adjust her food choices. She also needs to consider if she's getting enough fiber and fulfilling her body's micronutrient (vitamin) needs.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    May I ask why protein is so.important? I don't usuall hit my suggested grams

Protein is necessary for muscles. Fat and/or Carbs are necessary for energy. If you aren't getting enough protein, you will not get a flat stomach. The only way to get a flat stomach is by building your abdominal muscles. If you are 125 pounds and sedentary, you need 50 grams of protein. If you are 200 pounds and active, you could need as much as 150 grams of protein.

Aaaaand THIS is wrong. Wow, people are on a roll today, huh?

The REAL way to get a flat stomach is to reduce the fat covering it. You do this by eating at a deficit and lifting heavy weights to maintain your lean muscle mass. You can "build up your abdominal muscles" all you want, but if there is fat on them, they will not be flat.

Aaaand you are also wrong. Lifting heavy weights and consuming lots of protein will give you mass, definitely not definition. Lifting weight that is moderate considering your level of conditioning and using free weights that work the whole muscle group, not using circut machines, will result in good tone.

If you are female, lifting heavy weights and eating at a deficit will NOT give you mass, it will actually give you definition and cause you to lose inches. Check out my pics if you are having a hard time believing this, sweetheart. :flowerforyou:

And the fact that you are using the word "tone" without sarcasm is actually hilarious, and displays the extent of your understanding on the subject.

You...you I like.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Cook something the night before, heat it in the morning and eat it on the way to work. There are even pre-made breakfast sandwiches in the freezer aisle that have decent protein content. I eat breakfast, lunch and a snack at work.

Granted I haven't been there in a very long time, but I am pretty sure DD makes breakfast sandwiches. Why not eat something with protein instead of just bagels and donuts?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    In, for usmcmp, and for donuts.
  • usmcmp
    Options

Granted I haven't been there in a very long time, but I am pretty sure DD makes breakfast sandwiches. Why not eat something with protein instead of just bagels and donuts?

Good point! I have never been to one, guess I should have looked it up. :embarassed:
  • usmcmp
    Options

george-takei.gif
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Even at my absolute thinnest (115lbs, ew) I still had a little belly pooch. At my fittest with visible abs I still had a tiny little pooch. Sometimes it's just genetics.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    Do you lift weights?

Yup. I've been weight training for 3 months now

I've been lifting for 7 mos., and am just starting to see changes in my belly. It is the hardest area to change, and at least for me it seems to be the last place I'm going to lose it. Yours is not that bad! Keep at lifting!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

george-takei.gif

tumblr_mi50lqIHJF1qgt5pno1_400.gif
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Do you lift weights?

Yup. I've been weight training for 3 months now

I've been lifting for 7 mos., and am just starting to see changes in my belly. It is the hardest area to change, and at least for me it seems to be the last place I'm going to lose it. Yours is not that bad! Keep at lifting!

^This.

This is a game of patience. It's a game of determination. Log accurately. Keep lifting. Hit your macros. Don't put a time frame on it. Genetics play a role in where our body loses fat. It'll be a year of lifting for me and its taken every bit of that to see considerable improvement in my stomach. That's just where my body loses it last and I'm okay with that. And honestly, your stomach is not bad :flowerforyou: love yourself.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

There's nothing wrong with DD if it fits her macros and if she logs accurately so that she's still in a deficit. She's just sacrificing a lot of calorie there while not meeting her protein goal.
  • lovelylittlegiggles
    lovelylittlegiggles Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    oddly, when i first lost weight my stomach was the first to go. now, the second time around, it is not going anywhere. i don't care how much weight i lose everywhere else, my stomac h won't go away.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    There are some freaking amazing looking women on these threads and you need to listen to them and be patient. When I look at their pictures and realize sometimes the patience we need to see results from lifting it puts it into perspective.

My stomach is by far my worst area. Hands down. In fact, I'm perfectly fine with the rest of my body - room for improvement but not terrible. Starting a lifting program with heavy weights and compound moves is helping me reduce my stomach size without a doubt. My stomach is also less jiggly now which is a combination of diet and lifting.

Seriously when I see women like SugaryLynx and AllOutOf Bubblegum (I think it is) and USMCP (I Probably got yours wrong - SORRY!) on the boards over and over again and know they worked hard, they still work hard, had patience and stayed dedicated I know that it's attainable. It really keeps me going on days where I just want to scream that I don't have a flat belly to know that nobody just looks like that overnight. I KNOW someday I can achieve that too but not if I make excuses for why i can't do something.

So...this turned into a total post that's off subject about the amazing women i've seen over and over again on the forums that really, honestly, are truely inspring. Not in a BS kind of way - in a real down to earth like HOLY *kitten* this woman looks amazing and I can too kinda way. Sorry :)
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You look lovely. It seems to me that you are struggling for an unnecessary goal. Accept the beautiful body you have. Go ahead and lift heavy and watch your diet, but stop obsessing.

From an old lady who hated her young but imperfect body and dieted until she was fat.:laugh:

Good luck.:flowerforyou:

Oh yes!! This. I can soooo relate to this. And OP ....it is great advice.