Weird s**t you do...

Options
Hell_Flower
Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
Because everyone's mad in their own way (God, I hope so anyway)

Me...

I cannot just unplug any heated hair tool. I have to take a picture of the hair tool, unplugged, with a copy of the days newspaper next to it. Just so I don't have to go home mid-morning to check I did, in fact, unplug them and they aren't going to burn my house down, despite having a timer that automatically shuts them off after 30 mins (BUT WHAT IF THAT SHUT OFF FAILS?! WHAT IF!)

I mentally re-arrange letters and numbers on car number plates to try and make real actual words, and occasionally get mad if there is an "a" instead of an "o", for example, and I can't spell "snob". I then dislike the car-owner for foiling me in my silly, word arranging tic.

Days of the weeks I associate with colours - Monday is orange, Tuesday magenta etc.

I cannot do ANYTHING in a bathroom where the shower curtain is pulled across. Even if I'm just grabbing some make-up, I have to check for evil, clown-faced murderers.

Anyone else just a big ol' WEIRDO? Can't just be me.... :sad:

Replies

• DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! I hold my breath around anything dead, but I jog in a cemetery!
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Dolls have to be behind closed doors before I'll sleep. They also have to be put away in my daughters room before I let her go to bed, and it's not a keep your room clean kind of thing.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Dolls have to be behind closed doors before I'll sleep.

This. Seriously.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Good morning Daina:smile:

I don't like getting into bed. I think something or someone is hiding underneath and is going to grab my foot/leg.

I have been known to jump onto the bed after watching a horror movie.
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I mastered bowling :bigsmile:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Good morning Daina:smile:

I don't like getting into bed. I think something or someone is hiding underneath and is going to grab my foot/leg.

I have been known to jump onto the bed after watching a horror movie.

You're not alone there. I don't even need a horror movie... just being alone in the house if Hubby is gone is enough!

I can't relax unless I am 100% sure that all of the doors are locked and the oven is off before I go to sleep. I've started doing this thing where I have to unplug all of the fans/ space heaters and lamps before I go anywhere.
  • ElizabethElane
    ElizabethElane Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I can eat miracle whip raw
    I can't sit still for ten minutes without holding my breathe
    I get mad when my feet don't touch the floor if I sit down
    I Have an evil teacher who only likes me
    I refuse to wear pink because it's the stereo typical color for girls
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Sounds like OCD...

I do have one weird quirk. I won't go to sleep unless my bathroom door and closet door are both closed.
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I hunt and investigate ghosts as a hobby
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I prefer sleeping with my closet doors open. So, nothing can hide in my closests.
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I used to have to walk over cracks an equal number of times with each foot. If I stepped over three with the left foot, the next three had to be stepped over with the right foot. Thank GOODNESS I don't do that now that I walk to work every day! I would be a basket-case!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite with the shower curtain but it's more of an OCD thing. My husband always leaves it open after he showers and the next time I go in, I have to close it.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    the closet door has to be shut in order for me to go to bed.

I have a count off of the four things I need before leaving the house; phone, charger, wallet, and keys. every time I leave, I have to count them, just to be sure they are on my person.

I'm left handed, so I'm told I do everything "backwards."

I do lots of silly/superstitious things, like hold my breath while driving over bridges or through tunnels, and I don't put my purse on the floor. ever.

I use the postage scale at work to weigh my foods. ;)
  • Texusmc
    Texusmc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I check to make sure all the doors are locked in the house, that the shotgun is within reach, and the .45 is in the holster beside my bed.(also easily reached) cant sleep without all of that being done first. any strange noise gets spotlight/laser lighted.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Sounds like OCD...

I do have one weird quirk. I won't go to sleep unless my bathroom door and closet door are both closed.

^ This
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have about 100 Buckethead CDs.

I'm a fan of bodybuilding and I have some contests on VHS and DVD.

I'm glad my wife is close to my age. I wouldn't date a woman young enough to have been my daughter if I was single.

I look 3 or 4 times to make sure my garage door is closed and sometimes I've made u-turns to double check.

My shirts have to be folded a certain way. I've refolded clothes my wife folded incorrectly. She just leaves them for me in the basket now.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I check doors and windows repeatedly when the family is gone for long periods, i keep the curtains all closed. I try to avoid answer the phone whenever it rings if possible. I only leave the house when i have medical appointments or need to get groceries.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Wearing socks to bed is a no-go, but I hate having exposed feet when I sleep. They must be covered by sheets or a blanket no matter how warm it is.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Oh, I have to turn my radio off when I'm parking my car in the garage.

Edited for spelling
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    I still have to check under my bed sometimes before I go to sleep.