Has anyone tried Juice plus diet?

Options
Hi, i have tried every diet but never lose that much so friends of mine have started this Juice plus diet and had great results, so im going to try it, i have started the 2 week detox and my head is killing my back is throbbing my top of my legs are aching but i dont feel hungry, anybody else had side effects and does it get better?

Replies

• nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Juice plus what? Cheeseburgers? If it's cheeseburgers, I'm in!
  • MamaNatalie13
    Options
    If you eat healthy foods you don't need to diet. I'm sure the "juice diet" would help you lose weight, but eventually the weight would come right back because that isn't a sustainable diet that you can do for the rest of your life. Veggies, fruits, protein, complex carbs, water. (and the occasional cheat meal when you've earned it) ;) good luck!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    You have to fail at the juice plus diet first. If you've invested in the MLM side, you have to expend all of your finances and alienated your family and friends on a pipe dream too.
    Then go back to normal eating and gain a few pounds.

Then realise eating a healthy variety of foods at a moderate deficit is the way to go.

So yes. Massive side effects.
  • chicalatina4eva3
    chicalatina4eva3 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ive done a Juice Diet and i experienced the same problems. Right now your body is going through the "shock" stage, since it is so use to eating other foods. When it comes to ANY juice diet, you really need to ease into it. You cannot go from eating full meals one day then juice the next.
    The proper way to do a juice diet is to lower your calorie intake by eating :
    Day 1 =2000 calories
    Day 2=1800 calories
    Day 3=1600 calories
    Day 4=1400 Calories (stop here if you're a guy..Continue if you're a woman)
    Day 5=1200 calories (now woman can stop)
    Once this lower calorie week is completed then you begin the juice diet(: && you wont feel bad...
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Ive done a Juice Diet and i experienced the same problems. Right now your body is going through the "shock" stage, since it is so use to eating other foods. When it comes to ANY juice diet, you really need to ease into it. You cannot go from eating full meals one day then juice the next.
    The proper way to do a juice diet is to lower your calorie intake by eating :
    Day 1 =2000 calories
    Day 2=1800 calories
    Day 3=1600 calories
    Day 4=1400 Calories (stop here if you're a guy..Continue if you're a woman)
    Day 5=1200 calories (now woman can stop)
    Once this lower calorie week is completed then you begin the juice diet(: && you wont feel bad...

I've not heard of this. Which clinical guidelines is this following?
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Once Again.....

"Oh Lord."
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Your organs do all the detoxing your body needs. Juice isn't going to do anything that your body can't already do on its own, except for maybe liquify your stool and make you incredibly uncomfortable. And also lighten your wallet a fair bit, as I see that this diet requires you to buy pricey pills and supplements.

Eat the foods that you want, but at a calorie deficit. It gets easier over time and it becomes your new normal. You say you've tried every diet, but I think that may be the downfall here. It's not about the trendy diet or avoiding the 5 foods that cause belly fat or anything like that. It's about learning what you do and helping yourself make lifelong changes. Start small and gradually implement changes. The people that lose 100+lbs on deprivation diets and are successful are few and far between, and generally under physician supervision. Find the way of eating that works for you. It's likely not a juice diet, though.

Please understand that I don't mean to be rude. But if juicing and quick-fix diets worked, no one would be overweight. Weight loss, most of the time, is a simple math problem. It just takes time and dedication.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    i have started the 2 week detox and my head is killing my back is throbbing my top of my legs are aching but i dont feel hungry, anybody else had side effects and does it get better?

When you die from malnutrition and/or dehydration then the pain stops.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    i have started the 2 week detox and my head is killing my back is throbbing my top of my legs are aching ....

ABANDON SHIP!!! And just eat at a moderate calorie deficit, accurately logging (that means weighing and measuring) all your intake. This will "create" weight loss. See ticker below.

ETA: also see @Crepes_ above. She speaks truth.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Juice plus what? Cheeseburgers? If it's cheeseburgers, I'm in!

this....i follow the juice plus food diet.

it's awesome!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    my head is killing my back is throbbing my top of my legs are aching

Sounds like a win!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Try a calorie deficit.....plug in the numbers, log everything and give it time.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Hi, i have tried every diet but never lose that much so friends of mine have started this Juice plus diet and had great results, so im going to try it, i have started the 2 week detox and my head is killing my back is throbbing my top of my legs are aching but i dont feel hungry, anybody else had side effects and does it get better?

Problem identified. Don't go on a "diet." They almost never work the way they're advertised. Check out the following: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • dorisopen9
    dorisopen9 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Juice + is not a "juice diet". It does not involve real fruit, at least not for the dieter; it is a food supplement made from processed fruits - a miracle pill, if you want to believe the spin.

The website states that the journey from fruit to Juice+ high quality nutrition involves growing, harvesting, processing, dehydrating and quality control. Translated: the fruit is cooked down to a smelly pulp that is dehydrated and made into pills. It will loose a lot of nutrients in the process, for example all heat sensitive vitamins.

As far as I am concerned I do all the processing of fruit that is biologically required. If they then want to dehydrate the processed fruit they're welcome to my poop. :devil:
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    wce0io.jpg
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    The only diet you need is the Calorie Deficeit diet.

Eat what you like, when you, how you like, as long as you are eating 20% below your TDEE then you will lose weight. Mind you that there are exceptions but they are seldom and usually medically diagnosed.

Good Luck OP!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You have to fail at the juice plus diet first. If you've invested in the MLM side, you have to expend all of your finances and alienated your family and friends on a pipe dream too.
    Then go back to normal eating and gain a few pounds.

Then realise eating a healthy variety of foods at a moderate deficit is the way to go.

So yes. Massive side effects.
    ^^^^^^^^^
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Look at me!!!! You DO NOT need to detox your body, it does it already all by itself. Seriously, you must be miserable. Please stop and just try to eat better with a calorie deficit. Good luck to you!!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options

Have you tried the "Calorie Deficit Diet"? I have had great success with that diet. Also the "eat less than I did before, move more than I did before" diet has proven to be very successful long term.
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    A total waste of time for people to come with questions to the forums. Newbies of course.

I always recommend using the "Search" option for the following reasons:

1- Your question most probably have been asked 1000 times before
    2- It will make you realize most people will answer with nothing to do with what you're trying to find out
    3- Most people will ask for medical/scientific proof in regards to what others say, yet they'll provide you with information they also found online like everyone else.
    4- You'll discover those who have answered in a positive or informative way, which you can then contact privately
    5- You'll avoid getting headaches by posting on the forums