Tips to get over a heartache

Options
1235»

Replies

• mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Relationships are funny.
    you can have a 99.9% failure rate but, that ONE sucessful one makes it all worth it.
    i'm sick to death of hearing her crow about how much better at relationships she is than me because she's had two husbands to my four boyfriends. no, you do not win the relationship game just because you were married for seventeen years. :huh:

Tell your mom it's better to find out BEFORE you marry someone that they are not the one not after.

ikr? she keeps saying things to me like "...since you seem to have difficulty with relationships..." and i'm always "WHY? because i'm not afraid to get to know someone, and then find out later they're not for me? WTF is wrong with that?" :mad:
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Relationships are funny.
    you can have a 99.9% failure rate but, that ONE sucessful one makes it all worth it.

would you come over and explain this to my mother, please?
    The only way you "win" is to die while still in that one relationship you are happy about.

agreed :flowerforyou:
  • FraggleRockerFitnessLover
    Options
    delete your FB account, delete their number, blocker their number, rid all evidence in the house to remind you of them. And I'm sorry you're sad, but it's probably the best to move on like Donkey Kong and put you first. :)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    de-friend ur ex on fb and block him or her ...easy to say not so easy to do i suppose ....................

This. It really is easier than you think.

Get rid of them from everything - IG, FB, Phone numbers, emails, block them, if you are able send texts to the spam folder.

Just removing them from your life is a good start really. Sorry you are hurting it does get better.
  • futurejedi
    futurejedi Posts: 111
    Options
    sex
  • IvanCasillas
    IvanCasillas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Time, know that God always has your back, and keep busy doing positive productive things for other people. When you help out others it gets your mind off of your problems and reminds you that it could be much much worse. Im sorry for your hurt. Remember that you're not alone.
  • SavageAbbey
    SavageAbbey Posts: 79
    Options
    I went through this at the end of last year. It was difficult but I made some hard decisions. His Infidelity helped that along. I blocked him on Facebook. I set personal goals to achieve and made myself a priority. So far my fitness goals have been picked off one by one. My career has taken off and I couldn't be more happier. After a lifetime of watching someone close to me make mistake after mistake with men, I know I'm never going to be that person. Although I did fall into that trap briefly. Live and learn. Love yourself and you'll eventually find a confident person who can take on whatever the world throws in your direction.
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    A lot of great advice here...and I don't know your situation, but I do know it's a lot harder when he's a good man, but just a ****ty boyfriend, versus he's a complete ****head. It's hard regardless, but you will overcome this and find the man who's right for you. Either way, I completely agree to block him and delete all information about him to help yourself resist temptation!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My buddy always says it's always best to get under the next ex...Not that that's my motto.
    I was more grateful that he did me the favor of leaving :)

Haha! I LOVE IT!!

After my divorce, I did a few things to help me move forward. Granted I wasn't heartbroken over the whole thing because I had already been slowly pulling away for about a year, it was still a little disheartening that my life was going to drastically change. I took on all the bills for our home plus raising my two children from a previous relationship by myself (their father isn't around).

First thing I did was to make sure I spent even more time with my girls. Whether it was helping more with homework or throwing the ball around for an extra 20 minutes. I started to consume myself with them even more. Then I made a list of things I wanted to do before my next birthday. I will be 30 in January so I made a "30 Before 30" list. It's a list of 30 things I wanted to do before I turned 30. I listed things like donating blood twice, going to a batting cage and hitting, seeing the beach, going to Branson, going to a wine tasting and volunteering. I was able to start contacting and conversing with old male friends that I had as well. My ex was a very insecure man so it's been years since I was able to talk with my best friend from high school. When my girls would go to their grandpa's for the weekend, I was able to get out and go see a movie or have dinner. I was able to start dating an old boyfriend that was recently divorced as well. He has now become the "new" boyfriend. :love:

So staying busy has really been a big help. Stopping all contact is the way to go unless you have children. Learning to love yourself and do the things that YOU like to do helps too. Sorry about the heartache but hopefully you will take some of the tips from everyone and continue moving forward.

"Semper Anticus" (Always Forward)

I loved all of this (seriously) but I am dying laughing about Branson. Sorry. I just live near it and find it pointless!!

lol my kiddos love Silver Dollar City. :smile:

They do have a couple of really awesome roller coasters. So cheers to that :-)
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    time, time, time, time and more time.