Brides on a Mission: Week 1

Options

Replies

• Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I need a good weigh in day? I used to weigh in on a tuesday for no apparent reason. Then i went with mondays but i would misbehave all weekend! now i'm thinking weigh in on a saturday morning and then I am inspired to behave all weekend?? Whats everyones thoughts? what are your weigh in days? xx
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    I need a good weigh in day? I used to weigh in on a tuesday for no apparent reason. Then i went with mondays but i would misbehave all weekend! now i'm thinking weigh in on a saturday morning and then I am inspired to behave all weekend?? Whats everyones thoughts? what are your weigh in days? xx

I like my Thursday weight in days. I was just doing Mondays...but I would always gain on a Monday. Thursdays was great because I could see my progress all week. I noramally work out Mon-Thur and rest for the weekend. I think Mondays is bad to because of water weight. I eat out at least once on the weekends. I dont splurge on the food choices but I know it is way more salty then the food I cook at home (where I do not add salt to anything). I think I am just ganna do Thursdays from now on. Its a thing to look forward to during the week and will, like you said, make me behave over the weekend!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

I usually weight in once a month. I hate seeing water weight flucuations on a day to day basis. Not to mention, when I get weighed, I have my personal trainer do it (for a fee, of course!). She does my weight, measures arms, legs, thighs, waist, hips, and bust, and also uses a special device to calculate my body fat percentage to my muscle mass percentage. It's really rewarding to have it done, but paying a fee is kind of a pain.... so that's why I only do it monthly. It keeps me motivated to "make sure" I have a positive change by the next time she measures me.

I'm actually waiting for her to get back to me about this week's measurement. session...

Shannon
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    1. Name: Becky
    2. Age: 26
    3. City: Metro Detroit (I live in the 'burbs lol :)
    4. Occupation: Advertising (so i'm sitting down MOST of the day :(
    5. Wedding date: TBD (I'm not yet engaged! I feel its coming though so i was still excited to join the group :)
    6. Fiancés name: My boyfriend is Jason :)
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: We've been together about 3 years now, know eachothre for 5+ though
    8. Heaviest weight: 198 (that was back in December '04 maybe?) then before that 182 when i was in my teens before i lost a bunch
    9. Goal weight and date: 140 - I haven't set a date since I'm trying to not focus As much on the weight loss as healthy changes (I know I know that can sound really annoying but I'm trying
    10. Favorite type of exercise: the jury is out right now, used to be running, then ellyptical (probably still is) my latest and greatest is the 30 days shred and excercise tv groove and burn
    11. Favorite healthy food: fruit

Do we update this at the end of the week?

Brides on a Mission: week 1
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
    2. High of the week:
    3. Low of the week:
    4. Any big wedding news/updates:
    5. Type of wedding (i.e. destination, traditional, outdoor):
    6. How did he pop the big question:
    7. Share a food tip:
    8. Share an exercise tip:
    9. What do you want out of this group:
    10. Quick week wrap-up:
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    1. Name: Becky
    3. City: Metro Detroit (I live in the 'burbs lol :)
    4. Occupation: Advertising (so i'm sitting down MOST of the day :(
    5. Wedding date: TBD (I'm not yet engaged! I feel its coming though so i was still excited to join the group :)
    6. Fiancés name: My boyfriend is Jason :)
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: We've been together about 3 years now, know eachothre for 5+ though
    8. Heaviest weight: 198 (that was back in December '04 maybe?) then before that 182 when i was in my teens before i lost a bunch
    9. Goal weight and date: 140 - I haven't set a date since I'm trying to not focus As much on the weight loss as healthy changes (I know I know that can sound really annoying but I'm trying
    10. Favorite type of exercise: the jury is out right now, used to be running, then ellyptical (probably still is) my latest and greatest is the 30 days shred and excercise tv groove and burn
    11. Favorite healthy food: fruit

Do we update this at the end of the week?

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
    2. High of the week:
    3. Low of the week:
    4. Any big wedding news/updates:
    5. Type of wedding (i.e. destination, traditional, outdoor):
    6. How did he pop the big question:
    7. Share a food tip:
    8. Share an exercise tip:
    9. What do you want out of this group:
    10. Quick week wrap-up:

Fill the second set of question out for the previous week.
  • lkritt
    lkritt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This post made my day!

1. Name: : Lauren
    2. Age: 27
    3. City: Blythewood, SC
    4. Occupation: Paralegal
    5. Wedding date: April 16, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Austin
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 2 1/2 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 151
    9. Goal weight and date: 130-April 16th
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Any type of leg workout
    11. Favorite healthy food: Strawberries

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Lost one pound so far!
    2. High of the week: 151
    3. Low of the week: 149
    4. Any big wedding news/updates: My engagement photo goes in the paper Sunday!! :)
    5. Type of wedding (i.e. destination, traditional, outdoor): Outdoor on a horse farm
    6. How did he pop the big question: while we were in Vegas over looking the strip from our hotel room
    7. Share a food tip: Stay away from sugar!
    8. Share an exercise tip: Do not do ab workouts everyday!
    9. What do you want out of this group: Support!
    10. Quick week wrap-up:I am new to MFP and I am trying to get the hang of it, so any input would be great! :)
  • dallasdestination
    Options
    littletiger - Make sure you don't wait too long to go dress shopping!!! My place took four months to get my dress. At David's Bridal you can get some off the rack but if you want a boutique dress, you need to leave more time!

That being said - Good luck! I hated dress shopping - The sample sizes SUCK!!!!

Good luck ladies!
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    I planned on going to Davids Bridal. I really don't want to have to pay for a bunch of alterations which is why I wanted to wait until I lose a little weight. When should I go try them on?
  • lkritt
    lkritt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would wait two months prior. You do not want to wait too late just in case it does not come in on time. I ended up paying $350.00 in alterations at David's Bridal. I recommend bringing your dress someone where else to get it altered.
  • agoessli
    agoessli Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Getting to know each other

1. Name: Anne
    2. Age: 24
    3. City: Omaha, NE
    4. Occupation: Kindergarten Teacher
    5. Wedding date: 9/30/11
    6. Fiancés name: Chris
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: Just over 3 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 266 :-(
    9. Goal weight and date: I'd be happy to be back at 170, but I am hoping to get down to around 200 before the wedding which is a big task....I am hoping to just change my lifestyle and if I can do that, I'll be happy with whatever weight loss I can get before then and just continue with healthy choices.
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Elliptical Machine
    11. Favorite healthy food: I really love yogurt, snap peas, and green peppers
  • karann15
    karann15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Cara
    3. City: South Suburb of Chicago, IL
    4. Occupation: Labor and Delivery Unit Sec/Nursing Student
    5. Wedding date: July 16, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Stephen
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 5 years this Feb!
    8. Heaviest weight: 190
    9. Goal weight and date: 135-140 by July 16th!
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Hahahahh.....is there such a thing and does sex count!? ;) But seriously, I am starting a TON of different classes with MetaBody (signed up on Groupon) so I am excited to try everything out!
    11. Favorite healthy food: humus and veggies

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 0
    2. High of the week: 186
    3. Low of the week: Haven't weighed in yet.
    4. Any big wedding news/updates: We just paid off our photog, our Rev., ordered our e-pics, and I think have settled on a dj
    5. Type of wedding (i.e. destination, traditional, outdoor): Outdoor at the same place we are having the reception
    6. How did he pop the big question: I had been begging for a kitten since we moved in together Sept 09. He said absolutely NO WAY! He doesn't like cats, its not gonna happen get it out of my mind. So I come home Friday Dec. 11th and there was a sign on the kitchen door, knock three times and wait here. I did not expect a THING! I thought I was just getting a nice dinner (mmmm fooooodd) and he opened it up and had a baby kitten, Cleaver, (I knew thats what I wanted his name to be from when I first started begging for one) and he told me to read the tag to make sure that the same was spelled right, and it said Will You Marry Me? I freaked out and cried. He got down on his knee and I got down on the floor with him, and he said sweet things. And vola, a kitten and a Fiance ;)
    7. Share a food tip: Mustard has ZERO calories, put it on anything you can find!
    8. Share an exercise tip: Put your workout clothes on and get out the door as fast as possible! Then you dont have enough time to change your mind
    9. What do you want out of this group: Support and Tips
    10. Quick week wrap-up:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Gillian
    2. Age: 29
    3. City: Edmonton, AB
    4. Occupation: Office Administrator
    5. Wedding date: July 7, 2012
    6. Fiancés name: Dave
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 215
    9. Goal weight and date: 155lbs by August 2011
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Going to the gym for cardio and weights
    11. Favorite healthy food: avacado

I can add my measurements on Monday when we check in!:bigsmile:
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    This is what people write when they want to save the topic to their "my topics" but arent ready to post at that time.

P.s. i'lll fill in the second set of questions hopefully in a little bit here :) thanks!
    bump

What does that mean?
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options

I like my Thursday weight in days. I was just doing Mondays...but I would always gain on a Monday. Thursdays was great because I could see my progress all week. I noramally work out Mon-Thur and rest for the weekend. I think Mondays is bad to because of water weight. I eat out at least once on the weekends. I dont splurge on the food choices but I know it is way more salty then the food I cook at home (where I do not add salt to anything). I think I am just ganna do Thursdays from now on. Its a thing to look forward to during the week and will, like you said, make me behave over the weekend!

Thursdays it is!! in which case this week has been very short.... but still.... i have lost a 1lb and technically thats only since Tuesday (my last weigh in!) x
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Today is my weigh in day. Cross your fingers that there has been some sort of positive change.... or that I at least held my own over the holidays!*biting her nails* I'll be sure to post tonight when I have my results.

I've also heard that places like David's Bridal charge an arm and a leg for alterations. I actually bought a David's Bridal gown off of eBay and I'm having mine altered at my local bridal shop. Grand total, the alterations will be about $50... it will save me a bundle!

No, I'm not weirded out that I bought my gown online or that it was worn by a bride last year. The girl was practically my size and height and I feel in love with the dress when I saw it... nothing else I saw compares. NO regrets here!

Shannon
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would wait two months prior. You do not want to wait too late just in case it does not come in on time. I ended up paying $350.00 in alterations at David's Bridal. I recommend bringing your dress someone where else to get it altered.

Wow. Thanks for the tip. I already know that I am going to have to get mine altered just because my boob size as about 2 dress sizes bigger than my waist. Hopefully though, with the weight I am planning on losing my boobs will shrink more. :happy:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: none, I'm just starting back
    2. High of the week: -
    3. Low of the week: -
    4. Any big wedding news/updates: Got my party favors in! Now I just have to figure out what to do with them lol
    5. Type of wedding (i.e. destination, traditional, outdoor): Outdoor in a beautiful backyard, destination feel
    6. How did he pop the big question: he teased me and teased me, and finally he just got down on one knee while i was in the living room...he had big romantic plans, but he couldn't wait any longer
    7. Share a food tip: Drink your water!
    8. Share an exercise tip: Do something every day, no matter how strenuous
    9. What do you want out of this group: Support!
    10. Quick week wrap-up: I fell off the wagon during the holidays, and now i'm paying for it...my body is sore as hell but I'm bound and determined to lose the 35lbs I need to!
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Today is my weigh in day. Cross your fingers that there has been some sort of positive change.... or that I at least held my own over the holidays!*biting her nails* I'll be sure to post tonight when I have my results.

I've also heard that places like David's Bridal charge an arm and a leg for alterations. I actually bought a David's Bridal gown off of eBay and I'm having mine altered at my local bridal shop. Grand total, the alterations will be about $50... it will save me a bundle!

No, I'm not weirded out that I bought my gown online or that it was worn by a bride last year. The girl was practically my size and height and I feel in love with the dress when I saw it... nothing else I saw compares. NO regrets here!

Shannon

You are brave. I am not weirded out by someone else wearing the dress, I am just hesitant to buy a dress online in case it doesn't fit or I hate it on myself. (in short wasting money) But, I have no clue what type of dress I want or would look good in. I haven't gone dress shopping yet. Maybe after I try some on I will know what I am looking for and be more confident in shopping online for a dress.
  • ChristinaT0507
    ChristinaT0507 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    1. Name: Christina
    2. Age: 27
    3. City: winnipeg, manitoba, canada
    4. Occupation: sales rep (currently on mat leave)
    5. Wedding date: may 7 2011
    6. Fiancés name: dallas
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 4.5 years, but have known eachother for 10
    8. Heaviest weight: 185
    9. Goal weight and date: 135 april 13, or at least by may 7
    10. Favorite type of exercise: circuit training!
    11. Favorite healthy food: fruit - bananas,strawberries, watermelon

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: lost this week - currently about 1.4lbs i believe, might be a little less, havent checked measurements in a while and only do it monthly
    2. High of the week: getting out of the 160's!
    3. Low of the week: feeling sick, so going to workouts i didnt feel like i was giving it my all
    4. Any big wedding news/updates: invites going out soon!
    5. Type of wedding (i.e. destination, traditional, outdoor): indoor, non traditional - ceremony and reception will be in the same hall
    6. How did he pop the big question: my fiance took me to a restaurant we used to go to all the time when we first met 10 years ago, and when i wasnt looking he put the ring box in front of my plate..i was very surprised! and so happy :)
    7. Share a food tip: hmm...add bananas to healthy, lean, full of protein cereals that might not taste that great. it fills you up and the fruit makes it taste a loooot better.
    8. Share an exercise tip: intervals/circuits are great! time goes by faster and your muscles get worked a lot more (in my opinion)
    9. What do you want out of this group: motivation and advice. we are all in the same place so we can all help eachother im sure
    10. Quick week wrap-up: im on week 3 of working with a trainer twice a week, and i can phsically see a difference in the tone ofmy muscles, especially upper body, so im super happy. i also broke out of the 160's which makes me very happy also, and im back on track after the holidays with eating and drinking water :)
  • ChristinaT0507
    ChristinaT0507 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

Thursdays it is!! in which case this week has been very short.... but still.... i have lost a 1lb and technically thats only since Tuesday (my last weigh in!) x

i have also decided on thursdays/fridays for the same reason. ill notice a change by end of week but by monday the weight either hasnt changed or went up from water weight, then i end up getting discouraged. so for some challenges im in on myfitnesspal, ill weight myself end of the week butpost it on mondays with other people.