Does alcohol count towards your daily calories?

Options
123457»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Anything you put in your mouth should be counted. Calories are calories regardless of their nutritional value.

Must.behave. lipssealed_zps445f9a45.gif

there is an entry for that btw....:bigsmile:
  • losingdays
    losingdays Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lrzsuad72G1qebmn2.gif
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    friggin hell, I didn't say I did this everyday. I don't know where everyone is getting that from. Also again, I said I LOG IT!!!! I said that in my first post, no one reads. I suppose this post is a bit troll-like, because it is sort of hypothetical, but this day will happen some time in my life because I am a student and we binge drink. Once a week, once a month, it depends, but I want to know what I should eat on those days.
    Can your body use the alcohol as fuel. Forgive me for my ignorance, because I really don't know. But I have been reading that alcohol metabolises as acetate. I don't know the chemistry of it, and if your body can use this acetate or it just converts it to fat. I don't think this is a ridiculous question. That's why I was wondering whether you should count the alcohol calories as extra and make sure you eat your 1200 calories for the day, because if it can be used, and I only eat 700 calories to accommodate the 500 alcohol calories I will probably be sick. You shouldn't drink on an empty stomach.
    Also, again 1200 calories is hypothetical. I aim for that everyday and eat back my exercise calories. My days vary immensly, from 1100 on days where I sleep in and am very sedentary or eat very low calorie foods, to 2400 calories when I go out for a meal or have a few treats.

Your OP was not very clear at all...and some people don't read all the responses before replying so don't blame them...

No your body will not use alcohol as fuel unless it's fuel for acting stupid (was out drinking last night I know)

If you look at my log I ate my regular calories throughout the day and logged my drinks...I was over...oh well. I could have decided not to have dinner...and drank and not gone over my calories but I knew I was working out today...so I ate, went over my calories...worked out today..no biggy...

Why because I am under for my weekly goal...still trying to figure out what I am going to eat to make up those 400 calories....
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    lol love it