30 Day Shred Starting Monday, January 10th, 2011

Options
This group is for anyone starting Jillian Michael's Shred on Monday, January 10th, 2011

What You'll Need:
1. All you need to do is pick up Jillian Michael's 30 Day workout DVD at Walmart, London Drugs or any such place (about $10).
2. You'll also need a pair of hand weights (3 or 5 pounds to start) or even just a couple of soup cans or water bottles used as hand weights will do!
3. If you're exercising on hardwoods you may want something non-slip such as a yoga mat for the floor work.

What To Expect:
1. There are three levels in this workout. Each level is done for 10 days before you progress to the next. The idea being you do Level 1 for 10 days, move onto Level 2 for 10 days and finish up with Level 3 for 10 days (you can do each level longer or shorter depending on your fitness level).
2. Each level runs approximately 25 minutes in length. Each will include a warm up, 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs (3-2-1 method repeated 3 times, each circuit with different moves) and finally a cool down.

What To Do:
1. Start on January 10th, 2011!
2. Take your before measurements. Measure each arm (thickest part), each thigh (thickest part), upper waist (smallest) and lower waist (at your belly button), and your hips (biggest part). Write it down. You'll be glad you did when you compare your measurements at the end of 30 days! You can also take front, back and side pictures in the same outfit Day 1 and Day 30. Sometimes your body's changes aren't visible to you until you see the final results.
3. Share the 30 day journey here. Stay accountable in this forum.

Good luck fellow Shredders!

Replies

• melissa4116
    Options
    I am in, I have already started...but this is a trial week. I started Monday and have modified my diet, but will purchase measuring tape tonight to log my measurements. It will be nice to get extra encouragement and keep motivated!!! Please add me to the thread! :)
  • michelleerickson
    Options
    Hi 911girl- I wasn't planning to do the Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred- but I'm encouraged to start it since "a buddy out in work out world" is planning to :) Have you heard good things about the 30 day shred? I have 15 lbs. I would like to lose and I'm on a mission to do it. I will look for the Shred at Walmart...hopefully start it on the 10th as well.

-Michelle
  • kimmie0627
    kimmie0627 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am in.... Was not going to do that dvd again, but since I found a group that is just starting I will.

Kimmie
  • stevej10
    Options
    I was going to start that day anyways!! I am totally in and excited to share results with everyone!! :) Hope it works!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    AmyMooreOrLess Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm so excited everyone. Glad we're doing it together. Having the online support is KEY.
    I've done the Shred before but without 'watching my diet' (I was nursing). I'm no longer nursing and I'm going to conquer The Shred with a clean diet this time around and hopefully see even better results!
  • loserlori
    Options
    :tongue: I might try, if I can get the DVD in time.
  • Jewels1296
    Jewels1296 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this group! I just happened to pick up the DVD at the store since it was on sale and I've seen people talk about it on here before. It will be nice to do this with others :-) Can't wait!
  • ambergetsfit
    Options
    I'm in! This works out perfectly because it's my first day back to school so I have access to the little gym in my dorm again for weights. :)
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Options
    Ooooh great! Looks like there's going to be a fair-sized big group of us starting The Shred on the 10th! Jillian would be proud. ;-)
  • nthnswmn
    Options
    Sounds good!

How do you figure out calories burned for a routine workout like this?
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Options

How do you figure out calories burned for a routine workout like this?

If you're not using a HRM to track calories burned, in this program pick "Calisthenics (pushups, sit-ups), vigorous effort" for 20 minutes under "Add Cardio Exercise". I've compared MFP's estimation against my HRM and it's very accurate.
  • supaflyjoy
    supaflyjoy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just bought that dvd while browsing around costco a few days ago! I'm SO excited that there's a support group on here. I just started doing to diet diary thing yesterday. Perfect. I'm in.
  • deanna1981
    Options
    I'm in!
  • nthnswmn
    Options
    Thanks for the info. :smile:
  • michelleerickson
    Options
    Kimmie,
    How did you get the cool weight loss indicator icon that shows how much weight you've lost? I want one!!

-Michelle
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Options
    Thanks for the info. :smile:

Anytime!
  • michelleerickson
    Options
    Never mind Kimmie- I found it...!
    -Michelle E.
  • AmyMooreOrLess
    Options
    Everyone excited about Monday's start date? Anyone else care to join the 30 Day Shred challenge. Starts Monday!
  • asiawithp
    Options
    I'm in. I fell off a bit over the holiday and I need a little friendly competition and group support. I think the video is on TWC Exercise on demand for those who cant get the video from the store.