"Apple" Shaped Women - Before & Afters?

Options

Replies

• lawlesslee
    lawlesslee Posts: 2
    Options
    Omg, reading your posts, I was inspired. I have about 50-80 lbs to loose. I say that range b/c once I get to a healthy look, I will know when the right amount of loss is.

Recently I have renewed my commitment to my weight loss journey. Many times it was stop and go because I was not dedicated. Now I am and work out about 4-5 times a week at the gym and work out on the weekends (either xbox Zumba UFC trainer) or long dog walk.

I ask those who have been successful, what did you do to loose weight. What was your workout schedule like? What workouts did you do? What changes did you do to your diet?

Please share, I am sure all all will gain from your experience.
  • mavanscoy
    mavanscoy Posts: 17
    Options
    Your giving me a lot to look forwards to . I am an Apple as well and just fighting it ...
  • 709sherry
    709sherry Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Apple too.. :( Bump
  • mavanscoy
    mavanscoy Posts: 17
    Options
    How do I post pictures on here
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    Wow. Loving this thread!!!!
  • icklekimmy
    icklekimmy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Amazing pictures! My belly doesn't want to take the hint and do one!
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    This thread gives me so much hope! I literally have size 6 legs I have gone to the store and I can pull them up to my belly and then whomp whomp I'm a size 12. I feel like I have lost 20 pounds everywhere but my belly I have nice legs nice arms nice collar bones but I still have a major belly and back rolls. Hopefully by goal weight it will at least be better I have expectations for a flat stomach I just want to look as fit as I am everywhere else.
  • julieager75
    julieager75 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm no where near after... BUT this is my "so far"
    PhotoGrid_1398860275199_zpsff7980a0.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1398860161447_zps598d377a.jpg
    FIFY :smile:
  • jaegging
    jaegging Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love this thread; super inspiring! Any apple shaped ladies with PCOS/hypothyroid/diabetes who need a friend on MFP? I'd love to share this journey with a few like minded/bodied ladies!
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm definitely an "apple" shape. I tend to have the fat accumulate on my stomach, sides of my lower chest, and a very tiny bit on my inner thigh. It's a slow progress but I'm improving! :smile:

60522158_5388.jpg
    I started MFP at 135 pounds on January 2014

60522158_6978.jpg
    My progress down to 120 pounds on April 2014

I know these pictures are kind of hard to see but if you look closely you can see the top of my stomach flattening and no annoying back/side fat. Since losing the 15 pounds I've been able to sleep better and I feel more active able to go up and down the stairs and walk around town with fewer breaks (and with limited excuses of the reason for my breaks are due to my prosthetic leg! lol).

I still have a ways until I reach my first goal 115 pounds. As soon as I reach and maintain that way my next goal is to reach 105 pounds. :smile:
  • Robin628
    Robin628 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    BUMPING for inspiration. You all look fantastic, ladies. Great job!
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I carry all of my weight in my stomach :(

Last year, ~200lbs
    a1s3YfT.jpg?1

yesterday, 148lbs
    pwMwEyH.jpg?1?9863
  • taraloveslagomorphs
    Options
    Hey everyone, this is a great thread. :smile: I just wanted to mention something in case it could help someone else. My doctor prescribed Aldactone (Spironolactone) for my skin. It's also a rx that some people with PCOS take. I don't have PCOS but do have acne around the lower face area and gain weight in my stomach.

I'd lost about 30 lbs by changing my diet and exercising, then hit a wall. I kept losing but it was sooo slow and incredibly frustrating. After getting the Spiro rx I've lost another 20 lbs relatively easily and am about 10 to 20 lbs away from my final goal. Don't know if it would work for anyone else but the Spiro helped me a lot weight wise. It does have side effects- dry mouth, dry skin, have to watch potassium intake.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    You all look great, good job!
  • taraloveslagomorphs
    Options
    One other thing I thought I'd mention- if you are "short waisted" you look like you have a larger tummy than someone who is "long waisted." My height is in my legs, not my torso, and one thing I've found critical is an excellent bra. Because I don't have that much room between by waist and my boobs a great bra that lifts makes a ton of difference.
  • startingover72
    startingover72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This thread is SO inspiring! Thank you , you all look great!
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I've lost 85 pounds over the past year. When I lose weight, I lose it EVERYWHERE except my stomach... :( My legs are thin, my arms are thin, I have no butt. :) I weigh 136 now (5'6") and I still feel that I'm fat because I still do have the belly. It's shrunk -- but it's still there. I'm not sure that I can lose it.

Here is a picture taken about a year ago. I was good at hiding my stomach...

100_1456.jpg

This is a picture of me about a month ago at a wedding. Like lady_jessi, I look good in clothes and feel that I have lost enough weight but when I take them off -- not so anymore. :( -- sorry about the squinting....

100_3352.jpg

you look amazing! congrats!

I LOVE your toothy gap... seriously, its cute, really friggen cute...:flowerforyou:
  • jeedsjds13
    jeedsjds13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    b647c93b-529d-4ba0-97e9-bf5d34786682_zpsf04ce791.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!