Weird s**t you do...

Options

Replies

• fit2014yay
    fit2014yay Posts: 41 Member
    Options

- I keep annoying people by babbling about Windows Phone, MyFitnessPal and quoting movies/series, theater

^^ THIS!!
  • wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Options
    I always eat fast food french fries before I eat my burger.

I thought I was the only person on the planet who does this.
    I sing like crazy in my car when alone. No shame. I should probably get tinted windows. Lol

I sing along to opera with my convertible top down. I win! :bigsmile:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    For some reason, certain words trigger me to "air-type" them. Kinda like "air guitar" but it is like I'm typing on an invisible keyboard. I don't think anyone notices because it isn't like I put my hands in "keyboard position", my hands can be in my lap or whatever I'm doing with them at the time...but if you looked closely, every once it awhile you would see my fingers moving slighlty.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Good morning Daina:smile:

I don't like getting into bed. I think something or someone is hiding underneath and is going to grab my foot/leg.

I have been known to jump onto the bed after watching a horror movie.

I jump into bed everytime...not just after horror movies. Well, I take that back. Sometimes I work third shift, sometimes second shift. If I go to bed during daylight hours, I'm fine...but everytime I go to bed at night...I do a small flying leap.

I love how this particular issue came up so many times...yet how many of us who STILL do this as adults will reassure our children that "There is NO monster under your bed!".
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Good morning Daina:smile:

I don't like getting into bed. I think something or someone is hiding underneath and is going to grab my foot/leg.

I have been known to jump onto the bed after watching a horror movie.

I jump into bed everytime...not just after horror movies. Well, I take that back. Sometimes I work third shift, sometimes second shift. If I go to bed during daylight hours, I'm fine...but everytime I go to bed at night...I do a small flying leap.

I love how this particular issue came up so many times...yet how many of us who STILL do this as adults will reassure our children that "There is NO monster under your bed!".

"Small flying leap!" Thanks for the visual :laugh: And yes, I too have done the flying leap! Best topic in a while. The weirdness unites thread. LOL!!!!
  • mowree
    mowree Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I can't stand to step where I can't see what my feet will touch (murky water, down into a dark cave, walking in total darkness, etc). Absolutely can't stand to see cabinet doors or closet doors left opened. You're suppose to close them, people..or you wouldn't need a door there to begin with... Just saying. I correct people if they use the wrong word or wrong tense of a verb in a sentence. Or if they sing the wrong lyrics in a song. Not that I try to point out their mistakes, it has more to do with feeling I'm not being fair to them if I don't correct them. Like I'm helping them to prevent embarrassing themselves in a future circumstance. Weird, I know. Texting is very hard for me...I must use perfect grammar and punctuation. I hate seeing a mix of capitalization on some words and not others. Stupid, I know. But I like things orderly. Uniform. Do one or the other, not both! I never buy Coke. But I like it in a restaurant with my meal. If nail polish gets chipped on one nail, it's gotta come off all of them. I could go on...
  • bleep
    bleep Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't like coffee. I've had coffee probably less than 10 times in my life. Also not really a fan of drinking hot liquids in general. I will occasionally have a hot chocolate in the winter though.
  • HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options

- I keep annoying people by babbling about Windows Phone, MyFitnessPal and quoting movies/series, theater

^^ THIS!!

Hi there, noticed Your blue 920 right away :) currently waiting for a grey chasis and a digitizer to refurbish mine :love:
    I don't like coffee. I've had coffee probably less than 10 times in my life. Also not really a fan of drinking hot liquids in general. I will occasionally have a hot chocolate in the winter though.

Yup, I had coffee like 3 times in my life. Sucked every time ;) didn't even work on me :tongue:
  • HunterKiller_deleted
    Options
    I'm 6'1" tall and weigh 200lbs. A wasp is about 1/4 inch long weighs nothing. So why is it when one comes near me i run and scream like a girl? lol
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Dolls have to be behind closed doors before I'll sleep. They also have to be put away in my daughters room before I let her go to bed, and it's not a keep your room clean kind of thing.

Anyone that has seen poltergeist knows that this is not weird.

poltergeist-clown-doll-o_zpsf31b3850.gif

All anthropomorphic objects should be locked up at sundown.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly OCD...

- I wont touch door handles
    - I wont sit on the loo anywhere but my own home
    - Everything needs to be equally shared
    - I have colour coded sponges for different cleaning jobs in the kitchen

Yeah, I'm a tad weird :blushing:
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    when I move houses I won't unpack anything unless I know what the 'system' or order it's going to be in, where and how etc.
    I don't wear pink cos it's a stereotypical "girl" colour.
    ^ unless it's lipstick or in conjunction with something Steampunk
    I love tattoos but can only last an hour at a time under than needle, still I am covering my back and my left arm in them.
    I don't like my curtains open cos I feel like someone is watching me
    I undress myself like someone IS watching me
    I get all macho and proud about stuff but then cry when I am easily moved by something.
    I faint if I touch a spider than is anything less common than a Daddy Longlegs
    I absolutely have to talk to every person that is less than two feet away from me
    I can't sleep if my books aren't in order on my book shelf/pictures aren't straight/ornaments aren't well displayed.
    I am an extrovert that needs a lot of alone time, and yes I am an extrovert.
    In any discussion I have to make sure I every possible point has been covered.
    I ponder things like "what if we gave shoes to the footless man."
  • icu814me2
    icu814me2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I hoard boxes. Empty boxes. I always think I'll need them for something, but seldom do.
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I sing the Star Spangled Banner in the shower....I guess I passed my quirky habit on to my son, he hums the National Anthem in the backseat of the car on road trips or when he's on his iPad playing mindless games
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, I would spell out the word for every single thing I encountered while out of the house. No idea why, but it was useful for school vocabulary lessons!

I never learned how to tie my shoes correctly... I figured it out on my own as a kid and no one told me that I was doing it wrong (all of my bows end up upside-down or sideways lol)

Food all has to be distributed and eaten equally, so if I'm having curry I have to have equal bites of sauce and rice every time, or with chips and salsa I have to finish the chips and the salsa at the same time.

I love to stalk and hunt. Hunting is like hiking but with guns! I prefer to field dress my own animals, partially for sanitary reasons (a lot of people don't do it right and contaminate the meat) but also because it gives you time to reflect on the life you took and thank the animal for feeding your family.

I also really love butchering and processing my own meat. I once spend an entire christmas break from college triple-grinding venison hamburger meat :laugh: And I liked it!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I love to stalk and hunt. Hunting is like hiking but with guns! I prefer to field dress my own animals, partially for sanitary reasons (a lot of people don't do it right and contaminate the meat) but also because it gives you time to reflect on the life you took and thank the animal for feeding your family.

I also really love butchering and processing my own meat. I once spend an entire christmas break from college triple-grinding venison hamburger meat :laugh: And I liked it!

I would really like to take you hunting with me. I love the hunt (the hiking around with a gun), and the adventure. After shooting the animal, I love skinning it too. That part is fun. After that, the fun is over. The rest is just work, especially vension - trimming and cutting venison right is an all day chore!
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    reading these are so fun! guess I shoudl share mine

if I get up in the night, I have to makesure and pet both my cats, they do not get to sleep in the room

When I ride my bike, I constantly look behind me, and do not use the mirror on my helmet because it just may not show me the truth

ok- personal one, I am obsessed with having a clean butt. I often times will go wipe it, even if I havent pooped! :blushing:
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    -While washing dishes there is always a specific order. Sippy cups first (I have a 2 year old), wash the cup, then the lid, then the spill proof plug. Next either all the bowls or all the plates, but no plate/bowl combination. Next the cups/drinking glasses. Then the silverware, and lastly the pots and pans.
    -Sometimes I just count. Not all the time, and not always the same thing. So sometimes I count stairs, steps taken, etc, and I rarely finish. I will typically just start over at a random number.
    -If I pop my knuckles, or my husbands, I HAVE to pop both hands. One hand only makes it seem so incomplete and drives me bananas.
    -I hate shoes. If I could go everywhere, everyday without them I would!
    -I have natural extra-curly hair so I typically only wash it (shampoo/conditioner) once a week. I look like Bozo the clown if it's overwashed and dried out.
    -I blow my nose after I eat, every time. I didn't even realize this was a habit of mine until a few years ago and one of my friends pointed it out. Mind = blown.
  • fit2014yay
    fit2014yay Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi there, noticed Your blue 920 right away :) currently waiting for a grey chasis and a digitizer to refurbish mine :love:

Of course, I had to get the wireless charging plate in blue - things *must* match, yk! :laugh: Never thought about refurbishing - have to keep that in mind for the future! :happy:
  • MzOnree
    MzOnree Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    reading these are so fun! guess I shoudl share mine

if I get up in the night, I have to makesure and pet both my cats, they do not get to sleep in the room

When I ride my bike, I constantly look behind me, and do not use the mirror on my helmet because it just may not show me the truth

ok- personal one, I am obsessed with having a clean butt. I often times will go wipe it, even if I havent pooped! :blushing:

Thank you for this! I know it was personal and I appreciate your honesty! I wish many men felt the same way as you! Kudos for staying clean...please pass it on to my boyfriend!