Looking for those who have 100 + to lose

Options

Replies

• TheBeautyWithin
    Options
    I am 38, and officially at my heaviest right now weighing in at 271.4 lbs. 5'8 BMI of 41

Most recently my husband said to me that if I pay off my car he will help me apply for a medical loan for weight loss surgery...gee, do you think he noticed the 40+ pounds I have put on in the last 9 months? *pout* But I am not sure it is soemthing i would do given the risks associated and my sketchy medical history.

I would like to get down to 145, wore a bikini easily at 160 but gained a ton of weight after going through fertility treatments to have my youngest child.

Because I have 127 pounds to lose I know I cant go this alone. I would give my left kidney to be on Biggest Loser, but since I don't see that happening to a Canadian anytime soon I guess I am going to have to find some other way :)

I am a bridesmaid in my friends wedding on April 30th and the dress has been ordered to fit but needs to be altered anyway so I would LOVE to get down to 240 by then at least which is only 7.5 lbs per month really.

I bought my son the xbox kinect today and we played Dance Central and I was already sweating, and I am going to work on a Couch to 5K plan on the treadmill here at home too. I went and bought much healthier choiced for our meals today and hope I can find a way to get this weight off and get my life back.

I don't want to be the fat girl in the pictures anymore :(
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Welcome Thebeautywithin, Posh Taush, Merryxmas15, and msmeme82. Wow, this post has gotten more of a response than I thought it would. I am so glad to meet you all and we can do this, we can do it together!!
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    Y'all can do this!

It does get a bit overwhelming if you dwell on the big number you have to lose. Breaking it down to 10 pound increments helped me! Have patience & determination :)
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I will have lost 115 when I reach my goal. It's nearly 70 right now--but that has taken me 2 years. (It took me quite awhile to get serious about this--45 pounds have been since May.) You can do this. I didn't believe that for years, but it is actually quite possible.
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I want to loose a little over 100 then see where I go from there. It seems like such a lot and when I think of what that will mean to me when it is gone. it keeps helping me go forward.
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I want to weigh around 120 and I have to lose 125 to get there :(

I just started about a week ago, so I still have a long way to go.
  • debruhf
    debruhf Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would like to get down to about 145-150.....so I have 150+ lbs to lose! I am short as well 5"2".

My goal is to lose 100 lbs in a year.

All of you please feel free to add me as your friend!

Deb
  • pcmoore
    pcmoore Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am 36 and have over 100 to loose! Good luck to you all! This will be the hardest thing but I know it will be worth it!
  • chasidynicole
    Options
    Hi! I have two kids and a stay at home mom as well. I have to loose about 122 lbs to get to the weight I want to be at, but then i still want to loose more weight after that. Wish the best of luck for everyone!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    we can all do this together!! Im on my way!! IF YOU FALL I'LL HELP PICK YOU UP!

Its time to change our lives for the better.

We have no choice but to just do it.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to you all on this thread! I hope you don't mind but I thought I would check back in and see how eacn and every one of you are doing today. This subject is so close to my heart because I was there, (here) just one year ago. So I can relate to each of you. If I can I would like to support you and help you all, in any way that I can as I am doing this myself.

Someone had said to break it down, month by month, and don't look at the big pictures. That is just awesome advice. I did that. I DID not dwell on where I want to be when. I thought about it week to week, month to month. In the beginning, first several months, I lost about 7-8 pounds per month and if you are dedicated to eating right, staying within your calories, and exercising, you will lose about that, too. The bigger you are the more that comes off in the beginning. Now, the last two months have slown down a lot but that is because I was at 80 something lost and in the last month 90 something lost. When you get to that number you have to work really hard at it, but by that time it is EASIER to work really hard at it.

I can tell you all that the end result is going to be so fabulous. You will feel so wonderful and will have such a different look on life. Stay with this. It is going to be hard, don't think that it won't, but it will be the best "hard" thing you have done and will be one of the proudest things you have ever done. I really believe I am a much happier person, today, than I was one year ago today. I smile a lot more, I am able to let things roll off of my back more easily, and I just have a different outlook on things.

You go everyone. IT IS ACHIEVABLE, I am living proof and I can cheer you on every step of the way.
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    Good Morning to you all on this thread! I hope you don't mind but I thought I would check back in and see how eacn and every one of you are doing today. This subject is so close to my heart because I was there, (here) just one year ago. So I can relate to each of you. If I can I would like to support you and help you all, in any way that I can as I am doing this myself.

Someone had said to break it down, month by month, and don't look at the big pictures. That is just awesome advice. I did that. I DID not dwell on where I want to be when. I thought about it week to week, month to month. In the beginning, first several months, I lost about 7-8 pounds per month and if you are dedicated to eating right, staying within your calories, and exercising, you will lose about that, too. The bigger you are the more that comes off in the beginning. Now, the last two months have slown down a lot but that is because I was at 80 something lost and in the last month 90 something lost. When you get to that number you have to work really hard at it, but by that time it is EASIER to work really hard at it.

I can tell you all that the end result is going to be so fabulous. You will feel so wonderful and will have such a different look on life. Stay with this. It is going to be hard, don't think that it won't, but it will be the best "hard" thing you have done and will be one of the proudest things you have ever done. I really believe I am a much happier person, today, than I was one year ago today. I smile a lot more, I am able to let things roll off of my back more easily, and I just have a different outlook on things.

You go everyone. IT IS ACHIEVABLE, I am living proof and I can cheer you on every step of the way.

It is people like you that give me the strength to know that i can succeed. Great job.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options

It is people like you that give me the strength to know that i can succeed. Great job.

I feel the same way. Come back any time you want. I love hearing success stories. It reminds me that I can do this and I know that I can. I lost 52 pounds before and I know that I can do it again plus more. Thanks for sharing your story with us!!
  • carolyne2
    carolyne2 Posts: 109
    Options
    [/quote]

"Too much on someone who is 5'1 1/2".
    [/quote]

Hi, count me in as a friend I'm in the same boat and just 1/2" taller lol - every bit helps as they say. Its good to have friends to help you on your way and keep the momentum going. Good luck.:flowerforyou:

Sending you a friend request.
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!! I just thought I would check in and see how its going today. I too am a shorty (only 5'1 1/2"). Yes, that half inch is very important.:laugh: It is great to be able to come here for support and inspiration isn't it. We can sooooo do this. Today, lets all make sure to log in every bite.

Happy Losing,
    Staci
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options

"Too much on someone who is 5'1 1/2".
    [/quote]

Hi, count me in as a friend I'm in the same boat and just 1/2" taller lol - every bit helps as they say. Its good to have friends to help you on your way and keep the momentum going. Good luck.:flowerforyou:

Sending you a friend request.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the friend request. I accepted it. I need lots of support and motivation.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!! I just thought I would check in and see how its going today. I too am a shorty (only 5'1 1/2"). Yes, that half inch is very important.:laugh: It is great to be able to come here for support and inspiration isn't it. We can sooooo do this. Today, lets all make sure to log in every bite.

Happy Losing,
    Staci

I agree Staci that 1/2 inch is very important. I always make sure to say that I am 5'1 1/2". I have been logging everything I eat for 6 days today!!
  • msleadu
    msleadu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    me too , lol so lets do it !!!!! friends???:flowerforyou:
  • Andreasam1
    Andreasam1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI I'M ANDREA I AM 30 YRS OLD I HAVE A LIL MORE THAN 100 POUNDS TO LOSE. I JUST STARTED THIS BUT FEEL GOOD ALREADY. SO LETS SEE HOW IT GOES.