Looking for those who have 100 + to lose

Options

Replies

• overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    Hope all of you are having an incredible weekend! My weigh in day is tomorrow morning so wish me luck!

Good luck!!
  • lprewett86
    lprewett86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello Laura... and all others reading/replying to this thread! I'm a 24 year old and I would like to lose about 80-85 pounds so I am right there with ya. I'm a 1st grade teacher and its just so hard when I get home from school to do ANYTHING and I wake up super early as it is. I lost about 14 lbs when I was on this over the summer, however, I jumped off the bandwagon and now I'm finding myself back on and hopefully with everyone's support along the way, I STAY ON! :) So anyone that would like to add me, PLEASE DO! We can all do this together! I look forward to this journey together! :)
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura,

I started at 275 and my goal is 165 so that means I have over 100 pounds to lose! I have lost about 28 and then got stuck around the holidays and gained some back. I still have alot to lose, but I can do it now that I am back home and into my routine.

My best advice... regular exercise. Find something you like, or can at least tolerate and make sure to get regular activity!

Hi, My starting weight was 295.4. I have been logging my food and exercise for a week today but I won't weigh until Monday b/c that is the day that I want to weigh on. I can't wait to see what the scales say. I love to walk but it's way too cold to walk outside right now, so I get on my exercise bike and put on some music I love and ride.

Laura,
    It is never too cold to walk. You just have to get the right gear. Mens Under Armour fits us heavier girls well (and it goes up to a 2X) and trust me once you have that on you are might warm in the winter.

I ran a trail run today through the snow and ice and it was about 10 degrees when I started. Now it was nice that the sun was shining, but it was a challenging run today for sure (very hilly).

Im excited for your weigh in tomorrow... but just remember overall if you make the right choices the weight will come off slowly. But you HAVE to make exercise a priority too! I agree with the poster who said find a couple of things. I think that is the key to find something that you enjoy. For me its running... and thus I will cross train even though I dont enjoy it because it will make me a better runner!

Hello and welcome to all of the others...

Oh... and there is no such thing as cheating ... there are good choices and bad choices... and better choices. You make a choice, and you have to be prepared for the consequences (or make the decisions to equalize that choice) but this isnt a diet ... its a lifestyle!

:)
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hello Laura... and all others reading/replying to this thread! I'm a 24 year old and I would like to lose about 80-85 pounds so I am right there with ya. I'm a 1st grade teacher and its just so hard when I get home from school to do ANYTHING and I wake up super early as it is. I lost about 14 lbs when I was on this over the summer, however, I jumped off the bandwagon and now I'm finding myself back on and hopefully with everyone's support along the way, I STAY ON! :) So anyone that would like to add me, PLEASE DO! We can all do this together! I look forward to this journey together! :)

Welcome! I sent you a friend request. We can do this!!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hi Laura,

I started at 275 and my goal is 165 so that means I have over 100 pounds to lose! I have lost about 28 and then got stuck around the holidays and gained some back. I still have alot to lose, but I can do it now that I am back home and into my routine.

My best advice... regular exercise. Find something you like, or can at least tolerate and make sure to get regular activity!

Hi, My starting weight was 295.4. I have been logging my food and exercise for a week today but I won't weigh until Monday b/c that is the day that I want to weigh on. I can't wait to see what the scales say. I love to walk but it's way too cold to walk outside right now, so I get on my exercise bike and put on some music I love and ride.

Laura,
    It is never too cold to walk. You just have to get the right gear. Mens Under Armour fits us heavier girls well (and it goes up to a 2X) and trust me once you have that on you are might warm in the winter.

I ran a trail run today through the snow and ice and it was about 10 degrees when I started. Now it was nice that the sun was shining, but it was a challenging run today for sure (very hilly).

Im excited for your weigh in tomorrow... but just remember overall if you make the right choices the weight will come off slowly. But you HAVE to make exercise a priority too! I agree with the poster who said find a couple of things. I think that is the key to find something that you enjoy. For me its running... and thus I will cross train even though I dont enjoy it because it will make me a better runner!

Hello and welcome to all of the others...

Oh... and there is no such thing as cheating ... there are good choices and bad choices... and better choices. You make a choice, and you have to be prepared for the consequences (or make the decisions to equalize that choice) but this isnt a diet ... its a lifestyle!

:)

When I walk I take my kids with me. They are 5 and 3. It's too cold for them to be outside. I could wait to walk till my hubby is home but he works full time and most days does not get home till 4:30 or after. I like to do my exercise early. I have a Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds DVD and I am going to get that out and start using it as well as some other exercise DVDs and weights. I agree this is a lifestyle change and not a diet. Diets don't work, but a lifestyle change does. I am in this for the longhaul and when I lose all the weight I don't ever want to gain it back.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Hey you guys, I cant add anymore people here on MFP, But you can go to my fit page on FB and join me there for support. A friend of mine and I both do the page. The more the merrier!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Well, I ended up eating too many calories today but I will not sit here and dwell on it. I know that I will be right back to it tomorrow and I will do this. Will I let one day sabatoge me, nope I won't. That is where I have changed from before. I would end up going over on my calories and then I would never pick myself up and dust myself off and get right back on it but this time I am more determined than ever!!
  • Leesa22
    Leesa22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congrats on hitting your goal!
  • Leesa22
    Leesa22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well, I ended up eating too many calories today but I will not sit here and dwell on it. I know that I will be right back to it tomorrow and I will do this. Will I let one day sabatoge me, nope I won't. That is where I have changed from before. I would end up going over on my calories and then I would never pick myself up and dust myself off and get right back on it but this time I am more determined than ever!!
    Dust away dust away...tomrrow is another day!!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    thank you Leesa!!
  • AngelRae83
    AngelRae83 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hello all i just started losing weight and i have around 100 to lose. feel free to add me as a friend def could use the motivation and hope to hear from you guys.
  • StaceyJ75
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Stacey and I`m a 35 year-old stay at home mom. My little guy is almost 8 months old. When I got pregnant I weighed 265 lbs and within a week of delivering I was down to 250. I made it down to 235 over the next few months, but Christmas sent me back up to 240. I had originally joined this site after the baby was born, but there wasn`t an app for my phone, now I have an e-pad (ipad knockoff) and I can use the android app to track things on the go.

I`m so happy to see everyone on here and am hoping to get my weight down to 140 as my long term goal. Short term I want to lose as much as I can by May 14th, which is my son`s birthday and the day my mother-in-law and sister-in-law are coming to visit. I`ve always felt like I just don`t measure up to their expectations, and I want to feel my best physically, which will help me to deal with them mentally.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I don`t have any yet, but would love to share in the support!

Stacey
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Welcome Angel and Stacey!!
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My goal was to lose 110. Down 40 already. Feels good. If you want to do the journey together... just friend me

I could use the support and love to give it too!
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    hi i started mfp (again) @280
    hw is saw was 292 but i am sure i toped of about 315 at one time maybe more
    cw is 261.5
    i have lost a lot and could def still spare 100#

i would love to have more friends with the same task ahead
    together we call all get this done
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    My goal was to lose 110. Down 40 already. Feels good. If you want to do the journey together... just friend me

I could use the support and love to give it too!

Welcome and thanks for the friend request. you are off to an awesome start. I will weigh in the morning to see if I am down any. I believe I am even though I went over on my calories today.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    hi i started mfp (again) @280
    hw is saw was 292 but i am sure i toped of about 315 at one time maybe more
    cw is 261.5
    i have lost a lot and could def still spare 100#

i would love to have more friends with the same task ahead
    together we call all get this done

Hi, nice to meet you. We can get this done together!!
  • merryxmas15
    merryxmas15 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    just wanted to stop in and say hello!! I'm right there with everyone with about 100 lbs to lose. I also have tried all the "diets" and "pills" and "detoxes" out there and everything works....for a minute. And as soon as I try to eat normal food the weight comes right back and brings some friends!! Its like a freakin fat party or something. But I'm done with that. I realize now that better foods and better choices will make a better me so thats what I'm after. There have been weeks that I've lost and weeks that I've stayed the same and unfortunately over the holidays I regained about 6 lbs which was about half of what I had lost. Very disappointing but the only thing to do is pick myself up and move forward. So thats what I'm doing. I hope everyone is having a great night and I will check in again soon!! And feel free to add me as a friend! I love that this site has the whole facebook type thing. And that its free just makes it more wonderful!!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Hi everyone, just back from my cabin. Did a little walking & a little dirt bike riding. Loads of fun. I tracked it all by phone & went over my calories on Saturday by 64. I should have jogged in place for a few minutes or something. LOL:happy:

Looks like a lot of new people have joined us this weekend. Awesome!! The more the merrier. I tried to go through and send friend requests but I may have missed some. Please if I did it was not intentional and go ahead and send a friend request. I will accept it.

My official weigh in is tomorrow but I just couldn't wait and jumped on my Wii when I got home. I will weigh in at work in the morning though. I don't think I mentioned that 9 weeks ago I started a Biggest Loser contest with 10 of my co-workers. So far I am ahead (by less than 1%). After tomorrow's weigh in there are only 3 more left and I am ready to kick it into high gear and start pulling away from the pack.

Laura, you know it really is a life change and sometimes in our life we eat too many calories in a day...we just don't do it everyday. glad to see that you put it behind you and are moving forward.

Happy losing and I will check in tomorrow.

Staci
  • AriesOx
    AriesOx Posts: 66
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kirsten and I just joined a few days ago, and ultimately I have more than a 100 lbs to lose as well. I'm finding it a bit difficult to not obsess over food and numbers, but I know it is about thinking about what is going in your mouth, not just eating for the sake of eating. It will be a long journey, but it is one I hope to complete :smile: