Looking for those who have 100 + to lose

Options

Replies

• Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hi! You are all inspiring me SO MUCH! I lost 100 lbs. 10 years ago. For the most part, I have kept it off but these 10-15 lbs. keep sneaking back up on me. I am determined to not let them continue to grow. It's not easy, but so worth it. I want to encourage each and every one of you has 100 lbs. to go....If I can do it, you can do it. 11 years ago I was a two pack a day smoker, couch potato. With determination, a will of steel and some encouragement I accomplished many great things.

Thanks for being here you guys and hats off to you.....

Thanks for sharing your story with us and thank you for the friend request. I can't wait to say that I have reached my goal and be able to put some success pics on here. I know that I can do it.
  • suzannemc
    Options
    Yes you can do it. One day at a time. You go, girl!!!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hey,
    My name is Andrea. I have always had a weight problem. ... Due to anorexia in junior high till i was 22 i lost a gross amount of weight.... was very unhealthy. My mother got sick with cancer, I broke free from addiction and was pregnant with my first child @ 23...... and for the next 3 years i ate well now 5yrs.... I gained 100 lbs in my pregnancy and lost 30 of it after the baby. but now i am back to my full preg weight. I have 3 herniated disks in my back that make it very hard to workout without pain. but i have to lose weight if i want to have another child......and to be useful around the house agian and to be pain free. well less pain. so im in the struggle club. this web site looks pretty promising. be my friend and we can keep at eachother to stay on task. i hope they make this for the bb phone soon. so much harder to boot the laptop and track. gotta get a note book...... then enter. <3 thanks for your post.

Welcome Andrea!! This is a great site. I have been overweight since I was in middle school. I was about 215 when I married my hubby who loves me no matter what but I wish I could have worn a smaller wedding dress. I got pregnant with my daughter in 2004 and gained like 50 or 60 pounds and after she was born I didn't even try to lose the weight. In 2006 I got pregnant with my son Jacob and I only gained 18 pounds with that pregnancy. I lost 20 pounds after he was born but gave up and gained it all back. I started on this site on January 1, 2009 and lost 52 pounds but then I let life and stress get in my way and gained all the weight back plus 3 pounds. I deleted my account and then came back in September 2010 and lost 7 pounds but decided to wait till January 1, 2011 and I gained the 7 pounds I lost back during Christmas. I came back on January 1, 2011 and as of right now I have lost 9.8 pounds. I won't say that I am perfect. I have had 3 or 4 days where I went over on my calories, but the main thing is I got right back on it the next day and kept on going. Anyways, I don't know why I went into all of that but you can do this!! We can do this!!! I sent you a friend request.
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    Sunday 3500-0=3500
    Monday 3500-851=2649
    Tuesday 2649-937=1712
    Wednesday 1712-1229=483
    Thursday 483-0=483 (rest day)
    Friday 483-981=-498

Awesome workouts for the week!!

I learned something interesting at church today. It takes your body 50 calories to sustain a pound of muscle compared to the 2 to 3 calories for a pound of fat.
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Hello and Happy Sunday. I didn't get a chance to check in with everyone yesterday. I got up and just kept going until 1 am. I am so grateful that I can log in my food & exercise on my phone. So, I did not even get close to my exercise calorie burn for the week but I am going to start off this week with today and do my best to meet it.

My family is coming for dinner tonight for a classic Italian meal. I have managed to reduce a few calories in some of the dishes and I don't think anyone will notice. But in order for me to stay in my net calires for today I am going to have to log out here and go for a run.

Have a great day and happy losing,
    Staci
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hello and Happy Sunday. I didn't get a chance to check in with everyone yesterday. I got up and just kept going until 1 am. I am so grateful that I can log in my food & exercise on my phone. So, I did not even get close to my exercise calorie burn for the week but I am going to start off this week with today and do my best to meet it.

My family is coming for dinner tonight for a classic Italian meal. I have managed to reduce a few calories in some of the dishes and I don't think anyone will notice. But in order for me to stay in my net calires for today I am going to have to log out here and go for a run.

Have a great day and happy losing,
    Staci

Staci good job on reducing the calories in some of the dishes. Right now I am looking for some recipes that are reduced calories. I went to the library and checked out every cookbook that I could get my hands on wiht light cooking recipes in them.
  • DonaGail
    DonaGail Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am sort of new here..I joined before but walked away..I should say waddled!
    About two weeks ago something in me said that its time..its REALLY time. Hurting my back and getting stuck in the MRI machine a week ago was quite a nice motivater..I had to get dressed and go to a facility with an open one..ughh!
    I am not being super drastic, Im not cutting anything out, Im just cutting back and counting calories.
    Even that is a challenge sometimes, but Im doing it and already feeling better.
    Heres a little bit about me- I turned 50 last March, although Im pretty sure Im still 25 lol..I am a driver for an overnight delivery
    company, I am married with no kids but 3 dogs. My job is very physical and hard for a fat ol' gal!
    I have always had an issue with my weight. I remember being a child and a relative telling me I would be fat because I was eating peanut butter. I have watched old home movies and I wasnt fat but I sure felt like I was. I was not thin either. Anyway I grew up with a complex which led to low self esteem and so on.
    One thing I know is that Ive lived my life by the "when I lose the weight, Im going to.." theory and look, the show is more than half over.
    I need to lose about 155lbs and reclaim my life, to stop living like there will always be time.
    So thats me.
    Oh by the way, Im 5'7"..or, I was..I think Im shrinking (damn menopause!) in height.
    Everyone in this thread seems to be so nice no matter where they are in their journey and I would love to join in!
    Dona
  • Weeb2k
    Weeb2k Posts: 25
    Options
    :happy: Hi Laura
    I am 43 and have over 100lbs to lose. I have been here 2 weeks and have lost 2 lbs so far. I started at 284 lbs and my ideal weight is 133lbs. Take every day at a time - baby steps to reach your goal. I'm with ya! x:happy:
  • StaciO
    Options
    Welcome Donna & Weeb. It is great to have you join us. Together we can do this. We can get support from one another & in turn we can also support one another. It is great.

Laura, I also searched online & in the library for recipes. My favorites actually come from a weight watchers cookbook. My hubby's favorites come from a south beach diet cookbook. there are tons of great ones out there.

Gotta run get started with dinner prep.

Happy losing,
    Staci
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am sort of new here..I joined before but walked away..I should say waddled!
    About two weeks ago something in me said that its time..its REALLY time. Hurting my back and getting stuck in the MRI machine a week ago was quite a nice motivater..I had to get dressed and go to a facility with an open one..ughh!
    I am not being super drastic, Im not cutting anything out, Im just cutting back and counting calories.
    Even that is a challenge sometimes, but Im doing it and already feeling better.
    Heres a little bit about me- I turned 50 last March, although Im pretty sure Im still 25 lol..I am a driver for an overnight delivery
    company, I am married with no kids but 3 dogs. My job is very physical and hard for a fat ol' gal!
    I have always had an issue with my weight. I remember being a child and a relative telling me I would be fat because I was eating peanut butter. I have watched old home movies and I wasnt fat but I sure felt like I was. I was not thin either. Anyway I grew up with a complex which led to low self esteem and so on.
    One thing I know is that Ive lived my life by the "when I lose the weight, Im going to.." theory and look, the show is more than half over.
    I need to lose about 155lbs and reclaim my life, to stop living like there will always be time.
    So thats me.
    Oh by the way, Im 5'7"..or, I was..I think Im shrinking (damn menopause!) in height.
    Everyone in this thread seems to be so nice no matter where they are in their journey and I would love to join in!
    Dona

Hi Dona welcome!! This site is so awesome!!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    :happy: Hi Laura
    I am 43 and have over 100lbs to lose. I have been here 2 weeks and have lost 2 lbs so far. I started at 284 lbs and my ideal weight is 133lbs. Take every day at a time - baby steps to reach your goal. I'm with ya! x:happy:

Hi Weeb, welcome!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Welcome Donna & Weeb. It is great to have you join us. Together we can do this. We can get support from one another & in turn we can also support one another. It is great.

Laura, I also searched online & in the library for recipes. My favorites actually come from a weight watchers cookbook. My hubby's favorites come from a south beach diet cookbook. there are tons of great ones out there.

Gotta run get started with dinner prep.

Happy losing,
    Staci

I love the weight watchers cookbook. I have 2 of them. I just made a pepper steak recipe out of one of the weight watchers cookbooks. I loved it!1 I hope you have good time at your dinner.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hey everyone, I have maxxed out on friends on here. I have 250 and I can't accept any more. I have a facebook account and if you do too send me your username and I will add you on facebook.
  • StaciO
    Options
    Good Morning my Monday Mavens! How is everyone today. I am doing excellent. I weighed in at work this morning for the biggest loser and lost 3 pounds this week. Only one more week for the contest and I am ahead (by a little) and have lost 29 pounds. I will be totally ecstatic even if I only hit 1 pound nest week.

My dinner last night was great! I kept it withing my calorie goal for the day. My family didn't notice any difference except my sister asked what kind of spaghetti I used as it was really good. At that point I had to confess it was whole wheat and they were all surprised. Tee, hee:laugh:

Laura- congrats on the loss this week.

I have noticed that when I am at work, I drink more water. I keep a large glass on my desk and everytime I empty it I immediately get up to refill it. I don't know if it is because I secretly want to spend more time in the bathroom as opposed to working or what. I am not talking a little more. I mean like Mon - Thur I drink 12-14 cups of water at work then another 2 or 3 at home but on the weekend I am usually standing at the kitchen sink before bed getting #8 in. Does anyone else have this problem?
  • ecualumni06
    Options
    Good morning all
    I am 31 years old and I too have over 100 pounds to lose and would love to be apart of this support group. Remember it's slow and steady.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Chelsrf
    Chelsrf Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have over 100 lbs to lose and look forward to the support of this group. I have been on MFP for 2 weeks but just got into the community section today.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good Morning my Monday Mavens! How is everyone today. I am doing excellent. I weighed in at work this morning for the biggest loser and lost 3 pounds this week. Only one more week for the contest and I am ahead (by a little) and have lost 29 pounds. I will be totally ecstatic even if I only hit 1 pound nest week.

My dinner last night was great! I kept it withing my calorie goal for the day. My family didn't notice any difference except my sister asked what kind of spaghetti I used as it was really good. At that point I had to confess it was whole wheat and they were all surprised. Tee, hee:laugh:

Laura- congrats on the loss this week.

I have noticed that when I am at work, I drink more water. I keep a large glass on my desk and everytime I empty it I immediately get up to refill it. I don't know if it is because I secretly want to spend more time in the bathroom as opposed to working or what. I am not talking a little more. I mean like Mon - Thur I drink 12-14 cups of water at work then another 2 or 3 at home but on the weekend I am usually standing at the kitchen sink before bed getting #8 in. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi Staci. Good job on the dinner and staying within your calories. LOL, that is funny that you used whole wheat and they didn't really notice. I too eat the whole wheat noodles for spaghetti. I find that they are just as good as any other kind. Thanks, I have been working hard. I have a big plastic cup that is 32 oz. and I drink that all day long. I drink 96 oz. of water every day. To me it's not much of a challenge to get it all in.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good morning all
    I am 31 years old and I too have over 100 pounds to lose and would love to be apart of this support group. Remember it's slow and steady.
    :flowerforyou:

Welcome, this group is great.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have over 100 lbs to lose and look forward to the support of this group. I have been on MFP for 2 weeks but just got into the community section today.

Welcome, this is a good group. I love it.
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm sorry I'm not around as much as I would like. 'I'm in several challenges so I'm trying to keep up with them. Do know that I come and check on you all often!

Hope everyone has a healthy week.

Tausha