Looking for those who have 100 + to lose

Options

Replies

• Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Ultimately I'd like to lose around 100. I'm going to set smaller more manageable goals to start with though. Ideally I'd like to lose about 50 this year (1lb per week)

Welcome!!
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Good morning my Wednesday Wonders!! I exercised during the Biggest Loser commercials last night and actually did jumping jacks (about 70). No I'm not kidding both feet off the ground at the same time. My daughter confirmed it. She saw air under my feet. I don't remember the last time I was vertical and there was air under my feet.

Welcome everybody. We got snow in the Seattle area last night and it sure looked pretty on my way to work this morning. Now not so much, as the rain has started.

How about today, we commit that by the end of the week we will try a new or different fruit or vegetable that we don't normally eat. I saw some starfruit at the grocers last night and relized that I don't think I have ever tried it. So, I bought it. I don't even know how I should eat it. Just slice it into the cute little star shapes and eat it? Does it need peeled? Any suggestions?
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Good morning my Wednesday Wonders!! I exercised during the Biggest Loser commercials last night and actually did jumping jacks (about 70). No I'm not kidding both feet off the ground at the same time. My daughter confirmed it. She saw air under my feet. I don't remember the last time I was vertical and there was air under my feet.

Welcome everybody. We got snow in the Seattle area last night and it sure looked pretty on my way to work this morning. Now not so much, as the rain has started.

How about today, we commit that by the end of the week we will try a new or different fruit or vegetable that we don't normally eat. I saw some starfruit at the grocers last night and relized that I don't think I have ever tried it. So, I bought it. I don't even know how I should eat it. Just slice it into the cute little star shapes and eat it? Does it need peeled? Any suggestions?

Wow Staci 70 jumping jacks!!!!!!! That's awesome!! I have never had star fruit, now I think I need to go to the grocery store and get some as it sounds really good.
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    I have had a wonderful day today. I did exercise even though I had a terrible headache and my daughter has been out of school for 3 days b/c of the snow and about to worry me something awful about when she is going back to school.

41 minutes on my exercise bike= 607 calories burned and 6.74 miles rode. I feel great.
  • SexyRed66
    Options
    Hello,

I am not looking to lose 100 but close to it I am looking to lose 80 which will put me at 175..I may lose more later..This website has kept me motivated I started on 01/3/11.
    Slow and steady ......
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hello,

I am not looking to lose 100 but close to it I am looking to lose 80 which will put me at 175..I may lose more later..This website has kept me motivated I started on 01/3/11.
    Slow and steady ......

Hi, This is an awesome website and I am so glad that I found it. Welcome!
  • CMGemstone
    CMGemstone Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Crystal and my current goal is 95 lbs, but my goal weight is about 20 more then that. I am 27 year old mother of 2 and started this site's program the week of Thanksgiving. I have stayed consistant through the holidays, but am ready to get it in gear for the new year. I am also looking for friends, so please add me as well.
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    Welcome, Crystal! Good luck on your journey :)
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hello. My name is Crystal and my current goal is 95 lbs, but my goal weight is about 20 more then that. I am 27 year old mother of 2 and started this site's program the week of Thanksgiving. I have stayed consistant through the holidays, but am ready to get it in gear for the new year. I am also looking for friends, so please add me as well.

Welcome Crystal! This site is so great! I wouldn't be doing this without this site!
  • amelia4153
    amelia4153 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm 27 years old and started my weightloss journey at 290 on 11/18/2010. I started my journey wanting to lose 125 lbs and have lost 29 so I still have 96 more lbs to go. I am 5'9" tall. Most all of my friends are healthy and trim so I don't have many friends that use MFP. I live in Mobile, Alabama and would welcome any "adds" because I could sure use the motivation! I have 1 son and have been married for almost 5 years. :) Good luck to everyone!
  • smilestb99
    Options
    Hello to all that have responded to this- my name is Terra, in April of last year I had lost 20 pounds and was 60 lbs away from my goal weight. Then, my dad had open heart surgery and then a stroke, and since then I've been battling. You can do the math- I now have 101 lbs. to lose to get to my goal weight. I gained the 20 back and then another 35 on top of it. It's sad how easy it is to do. I am finally learning to deal with my emotions and am on the right path again. I am more than willing to help encourage anyone else who wants it while I am on my way (and can always use the encouraging too). Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    I am in the same boat, Holly. My starting weight is very similar to yours. I'd like to be 200 lbs within the next year and a half or so. Hard work is key. I'll support you, if you do the same for me!!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm 27 years old and started my weightloss journey at 290 on 11/18/2010. I started my journey wanting to lose 125 lbs and have lost 29 so I still have 96 more lbs to go. I am 5'9" tall. Most all of my friends are healthy and trim so I don't have many friends that use MFP. I live in Mobile, Alabama and would welcome any "adds" because I could sure use the motivation! I have 1 son and have been married for almost 5 years. :) Good luck to everyone!

Welcome!! I sent you a friend request!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hello to all that have responded to this- my name is Terra, in April of last year I had lost 20 pounds and was 60 lbs away from my goal weight. Then, my dad had open heart surgery and then a stroke, and since then I've been battling. You can do the math- I now have 101 lbs. to lose to get to my goal weight. I gained the 20 back and then another 35 on top of it. It's sad how easy it is to do. I am finally learning to deal with my emotions and am on the right path again. I am more than willing to help encourage anyone else who wants it while I am on my way (and can always use the encouraging too). Feel free to add me. :flowerforyou:

Welcome Terra!! I too have lost weight and gained it back. We can do this!! I sent you a friend request.
  • StaciO
    StaciO Posts: 998
    Options
    Welcome, isn't it great that we can support each other through this? I think I got friend requests to everyone who posted here for the first time today. If I missed anyone please feel free to send a friend request. I will accept. So far for today I am at 96oz of water and its only 3pm here. This is going to be an exellent day.

Laura, again great job on the exercise. I really have got to do better with mine.

Happy losing,
    Staci
  • funnythunder
    Options
    Hi Everyone

1st time posting - I've just joined. I'm currently weighing in at 260lbs and most definitely want to lose more than 100lbs! I'm aiming overall to get down to 140lbs but my fisrt goal is to lose 50lb this year.

I'm 28, married and have never weighed 140lbs as an adult. I've never tried losing weight before but I want to be having babies in the next couple of years with my husband so I really need to kick myself into gear!

I would love to give and receive support from people if you don't mind me joining in?

Thanks xx
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Welcome, isn't it great that we can support each other through this? I think I got friend requests to everyone who posted here for the first time today. If I missed anyone please feel free to send a friend request. I will accept. So far for today I am at 96oz of water and its only 3pm here. This is going to be an exellent day.

Laura, again great job on the exercise. I really have got to do better with mine.

Happy losing,
    Staci

Thanks Staci!!
  • Ready2lose4ever
    Options
    Hi Everyone

1st time posting - I've just joined. I'm currently weighing in at 260lbs and most definitely want to lose more than 100lbs! I'm aiming overall to get down to 140lbs but my fisrt goal is to lose 50lb this year.

I'm 28, married and have never weighed 140lbs as an adult. I've never tried losing weight before but I want to be having babies in the next couple of years with my husband so I really need to kick myself into gear!

I would love to give and receive support from people if you don't mind me joining in?

Thanks xx

Welcome to MFP and this group. It's awesome!!
  • amelia4153
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Thanks xx

Welcome to MFP! I just recently joined, too! I've lost 29 lbs so far and that's put me at 261 so we are at about the same weight! I would LOVE to be 140 but I'm shooting for 165. I'm also 27 years old and married. I'm hoping to try for my second child once I'm at a healthier weight! Good luck with your journey! :)
  • amelia4153
    Options

Happy losing,
    Staci

Thanks for the "add", StaciO! :) I just noticed that we've both lost 29 lbs so far! Good job on getting so much water in today! This next week, I'm gonna try extra hard to get in 120 ounces each day! **hopefully** lol