have you lost weight *without* clean eating?

Options
123457»

Replies

• thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Eating clean is for health. You don't have to eat clean to lose weight. I don't eat very clean, but I strive to go in that direction because I want to be healthy and live a long life, not just weigh a certain amount. Two totally different things. You can eat nothing but Twinkies and lose weight, but being healthy requires a lot more effort and balance.

Define healthy?

Cause I eat ice cream every day and tons of sugar and my health indicators/bloodwork/mental well being are off the chart good.

Sigh...sorry I'm not in the mood to argue every time I make a seemingly innocent comment. My personal opinion is that the more whole, natural foods a person eats, the more healthy that person tends to be. It is just my personal opinion...feel free to disagree. I am not anti-ice cream. I love ice cream. I strive for moderation, that is all. sigh....
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    Bump
  • nerdysara1990
    Options
    I love my donuts, cupcakes, and Korean BBQ (I eat filthy). But I managed to lose about 30 pounds since last November, and from March till now, I lost 7 pounds. The tips I follow and can help others too, are

1. Drink one of water before you eat a meal. Except I drink from a big cup that equals about two glasses of water. It curbs your hunger so you eat less.
    2. Small portions. Use a small plate; it helps!
    3. Mindful eating... when you eat, enjoy the food. Taking one bite at a time, chew slowly, realize and appreciate the taste, then swallow, on to the next, small bite. Savor the flavor. Literally.
    4. Don't stress-eat! If you feel stressed, do sets of jumping jacks, listen to relaxing music, meditate, do whatever it takes to destress yourself. Jogging usually helps me.

You can eat as filthy as you'd like (I do not like vegetables, unless it's wrapped in bacon or something) and still lose weight if you practice eating right, slowly, hydrated first, in small portions, and in a happy state. Of course, my cholesterol and blood sugar levels may be at extremely high levels (which I have to go check sometime soon), but this forum is about losing weight, right? If you're looking to be healthy and have normal lab values on top of losing weight, then eating clean will come in handy :)
  • ChristineRoze
    ChristineRoze Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I don't eat clean either, most of my diet consists of bread :P i love bread!!.. I do eat dinner at home 6 times a week which is generally some type of meat, but i don't eat any fruits or vegetables.. i try to take multivitamins but my diet isn't very clean
  • ejbraun
    ejbraun Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have lost 117lbs without clean eating. I eat pretty much eat everything I used to just smaller portions. I drink a lot of water with and between meals. We use substitutions like ground turkey instead of beef, sugar substitutes, egg whites, etc. Smaller meals and snacks inbetween breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner help me curb my hunger throughout the day. I eat pizza and ice cream & am still losing, but I've added more fresh fruits and veggies daily.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    This is an old thread (2 years) but what the heck.

I lost 25 lbs over the course of a year without eating "clean" foods. I ate a healthy diet of fruits, vegetables, meats and dairy. I ate at a modest deficit and combined it with progressive load weight lifting a bit of running/walking/hiking.

Anyone can lose the weight (medical conditions excluded), by finding their appropriate deficit and meeting their macros while getting adequate levels of micros.