Replies

• melsayshello
    melsayshello Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I try at least 5! >.<
  • MrsBenTarr
    MrsBenTarr Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    6 days -- 3 cardio (2 running, 1 HIIT), 3 weights.
  • rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Two days on, one day off to rest and recover. It's been sustainable and haven't had a significant injury since I switched from 5-6 days in a row with a rest day.
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Run 3 times a week and cycle 4 with some core and strength training mixed it.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    4 to 7 depending on the week, with 5 being the norm. On rare weeks (traveling for work or sick) I might only get in 3. I do strength training twice a week (once in a class with mostly body weight exercise and one session with my trainer). Then I run and bike at least 3 times a week. I've been doing this for a long time now (almost 3 years) and I don't get burned out. It's about doing something you enjoy and can sustain. It's just part of my normal day now.
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Usually 5, M-F. I don't like to take the time on weekends, too many other things going on and no, I"m not setting the damn alarm on a Sat or Sun to workout!, so I really try to get the 5 workouts in during the week. Usually cardio -- treadmill (running/incline walking), hiit, dog walks, kickboxing. Am going to incorporate strength training soon an am planning to alternate weeks, 3 days cardio/2 days strength one week, 3 days strength/2 days cardio the next week.
  • amm8589
    amm8589 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I do intense cardio (Turbo Fire) 5-6 days per week and light weights 3 days per week. I also walk 45 minutes daily so that my high energy dog doesn't drive me crazy in the evenings.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I workout 7 days a week. I take a rest day when I feel like I need one.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I do something every day. MWF I teach water aerobics and later go to the gym to do strength training. Tuesday, Friday and Saturday mornings I go to Zumba. Thursday and Sunday mornings I do a 2-3 mile walk/run. Sometimes I go to an evening Zumba class on Monday or Wednesday as well. I'm pretty tired on the days I work out two hours or more, but I always sleep like a baby now. (btw, this is what it takes to lose a significant amount of weight after age 50)

I do four or five days a week, but some days are double workouts. Three sessions of strength training and three sessions of cardio. I'm training to be a Zumba instructor so eventually I'll be doing more cardio. But I'm 67 and don't feel like gaining weight again as I get older.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    6 days. I'd like to knock it down to 5 but that's not going to happen, LOL.
  • k1ttyk1tty
    k1ttyk1tty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If I go a day without then my thighs will start to kill me. They'll be aching and burning until I can get a few good stretches every few hours. So I try to keep it at 5 days with some stretching on my days off.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I work out 7 days a week and rest when needed. My schedule usually looks like: 2-3 days upper body; 2-3 days lower body (this switches each week) and 2 days cardio (usually HIIT and 10 minute sprint intervals)
  • skhuu
    skhuu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I work out 5 days a week for 30 mins. The other 2 days I usually play volleyball for 3 hours a day. I just finished a 4 week exercise program and took a few days break. But now I'm ready to get back into it. I used to never be an exercise person but it's starting to grow on me.
  • alizamanuk
    alizamanuk Posts: 31
    Options
    7 DAYS
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been working out everyday, double days. I'm doing a bootcamp that's 5 days a week + lunch runs/after work runs and do core conditioning + running on non-bootcamp days. It's a lot, but I'm seeing results and taking some pretty easy runs during my lunches, so it's not that bad. I love that feeling of being exhausted and productive.
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Every day within a training cycle.

Monday - recovery (easy, 1 hour).
    Tuesday-Thursday - actual training, specific for racing (sometimes intervals HIIT, sometimes long steady, 2 - 3 h).
    Friday - recovery (easy, 1 hour) or off if truly cooked.
    Saturday - long ride or race preparation
    Sunday - long hard ride or race.

Every 4-5 weeks is a recovery week where there's an extra rest day and workouts are cut in half.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    about 6 when I'm in the zone. The last three weeks have been erratic. I finally went on an hourlong bike ride on high gear. It was pretty sweet. Tonight I'm going to do something at home, probably kettlebell related.

That motorcycle is like a kid; took up so much of my time last two weeks.
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    4 Days week with great results workout is very intense with high volume love it and burst training involved 3 days a week for fat burn
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    It always changes depending on what I'm doing. Right now it's 6, but it's only alternating running and yoga to prep for my race this weekend. After that I plan on doing more spin, dancing, and lifting (gotta do indoor workouts because of the Texas summer!) so it will probably be 4-5.
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    love the texas summer i worked out in a gym with no ac and run the local school track in the middle of aug at around 1600