Can you LOSE 50+ pounds by July 1st? CHALLENGE!!!

Options

Replies

• lauriedelk
    Options
    I am Laurie Delk - I am a web and graphics designer and I have a greeting card business
    My husband is gone to Bible school - and I want to lose 15 lbs before he gets back- then a total of 60 before our anniversary

Screen Name: lauriedelk
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 185
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 125
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: back to my org weight
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: watching carbs, calories, drinking water only, and some exercise
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me.
  • tifanie00
    Options
    I'm in!!!

Screen Name: tifanie00
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 220
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 150
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: healthy and fit as I used to be with more energy and self-esteem.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I plan to follow the Tosca Reno eat clean diet and exercise 5 times a week (combination of cardio and weight lifting)
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    i'm a little late, but I'm in if I can remember to get on here every week!

Screen Name: Minni2906
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 205
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 155
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: Scary as it seems, a health BMI of 22 puts me at 154 for my weight. Mom has diabetes and I am what they call "borderline". I'd like to reverse that if possible.
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Counting carbs. <60 per meal 3 times a day and <30 per snack 2 times a day. Plus wiifit 5 nights a week.

Good luck, everyone!!!
  • Steffi330
    Steffi330 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Where is the chart going to be? On here or somewhere else?
  • sarahlasvegas
    sarahlasvegas Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Screen Name: sarahlasvegas

Starting Weight (On January Monday 3rd 2011): 229 (will change my weigh in day to a Saturday - think this will work better for me - e.g if I have a loss it will help me not ruin it on saturday night)

Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 50 lbs in 25 weeks.

Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: My BMI is 39 and it scares me, i dont want to be skinny, i want to have a healthy BMI and get down to 144 pounds. I want to increase my confidence and be "me" again.

I will lose weight by cutting down the booze, tracking my food every day and not eating more than 1400 cals. I will gradually introduce excercise after 1 to 2 weeks on the lower cals.
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Where is the chart going to be? On here or somewhere else?

ditto
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    ty ladolcevita7 for doin this challenge. & for all the hard work u'll b doin this 4 just this thread alone. (i've noticed that u're doin other challenges as well) :flowerforyou:

ty very much! :smooched:

:drinker: <---water :heart:
  • kellis2010
    Options
    Is it too late to join the challenge?
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,000 Member
    Options
    I joined on the first page but didnt see my stats in the chart so I will repost , I know you have alot to do, I cant believe how many are joining

Screen Name: themommie
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 213
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): (50lbs) 165
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: to have more energy, be healthier, look better, be able to do things like hiking and camping, long bike rides, water parks, amusement parks with my family
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: eating 1200 cal a day and exercising 5 days a week for 40 mins
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    ****Please everyone read. We have been getting a lot of comments from people asking to join the group after January 1st. Which I am so super excited about. I know many group leaders often restrict their groups to 15-20 people because the less people the easier it is to track the weight loss in the charts. The more people it does take longer to make the chart, HOWEVER, I do not want to turn anyone away! :) So this is what we will do if everyone is ok with this, in the begining I said if you miss two weeks in a row of weigh in, we will remove your name. Instead whoever wants to join, they can at anytime, if anyone misses one week of weigh in I will remove your name. Please be here every Saturday. :) However, circumstances happen, and many of us do not have this app on our phones and can't be at the internet everyday. If you miss weigh in because you wanted to weigh in but could not please email me so we can keep you in the group. I think with this added feature it will really push ourselves to weigh in everyweek. At work we are doing the pound for pound challenge, so I have weightloss completey surrounded by me. If anyone needs that added help. Talk with your family, friends, coworkers about starting a weight loss group, weigh in together. With having MFP and the outside help, you will be THIN in no time. I believe in all of you!!!!!!:smile:

Sounds great to me! So we are weighing in each and every Saturday! I'm great with that! I think not missing a week really holds us each accountable and will keep us more motivated!

Sounds good to me also!!

I have been struggling this week. I have had 2 good days today and yesterday only. I peeked at the scale today and I am definitely up 5 pounds. So all I can hope to do is get some of this off in the next 2 days.

I see you all are rocking!! I am glad I am finally getting in the mode. Your posts have helped to motivate me to get going. Keep up the good work!!
  • kellis2010
    Options
    HI I am new to MFP, I haven't looked around too much but this challenge caught my eye and I am ready to be challenged!

Screen Name: kellis2010
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 165
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for):115
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: to be healthy, fit and look good by the pool!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: eating clean, (new for me) and consistently running and strength training. I am planning on running my first half marathon at the end of March this year!
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    Hi everyone! Answers to the chart questions. I will post the chart in this forum. I will post it on Mondays instead of Sundays so that we can make sure I didn't forget anyone. I want everyone to do practice something this week. Ask yourself these questions in your mind, you do not need to answer these questions in the forum:

1. If you only had one house would you give it away (not sell, give away)?: Answer is No
    2. If you won the lottery would you give the 5 million dollars away?: Answer is No
    3. Do you love the size jeans you wear right now? Answer is No (I'm assuming no one likes their jeans size thats why were in this group losing weight)
    4. Do you want to weigh what you weigh today for this summer? Answer is No
    5. This week when that little voice in your head tells you to sabatoge your diet, eat back your calories, and say no to exercise...what are you going to say to yourself? NO!!!

My point is if you wouldn't give your house away, and you wouldn't give all of your money away, then why would you say Yes to the Pizza Hut? If you don't want to weigh this summer what you weigh today, then why say yes to the Double Bacon Cheeseburger? Practice saying NO this week. You are worth more than the food. Remember "Nothing taste as good as skinny will feel." You don't have to give up Burger King for the rest of your life, just put it on pause for now. Ask yourself this week when you think of slipping on your diet, at the beach or pool this summer, do you want to wear your bathing suit with pride or do you want to be hiding behind your towel like most of us have done the last several summers. No Excuses this week. Stop with the emotional eating. I used to do it too. But if your sad or angry go to the gym take the frustration out on the punching bag, walk the treadmill, don't go to the buffet. The fatty food will not solve your problems. The problems will be there still when you are done eating, except now you have a weight gain stress ontop of whatever upset you in the 1st place. At least when you turn your focus to exercise when you are sad or angry, you will still have that same problem when your done, but you have weight loss to look forward to. When you lose your weight and the compliments you recieve, the confidence you gain, the food is not worth the suffering. You need to tell yourself, "I DESERVE & WILL BE THIN!!!" I want to see big numbers lost this week, because I believe you can do it. :happy:
  • fit4lyfe7
    fit4lyfe7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, but don't yet own a scale to be able to weigh in weekly! I'll try to get one this weekend, but if not I'll remove myself :)

Screen Name: fit4lyfe7
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 312
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 50+
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to feel better, be healthier and look better for myself
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: I am planning to work out at the gym in my complex (elliptical, treadmill) and also do videos at home, including Wii at least 5 times per week. I plan to significally reduce calorie intake.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Answers to the chart questions. I will post the chart in this forum. I will post it on Mondays instead of Sundays so that we can make sure I didn't forget anyone. I want everyone to do practice something this week. Ask yourself these questions in your mind, you do not need to answer these questions in the forum:

1. If you only had one house would you give it away (not sell, give away)?: Answer is No
    2. If you won the lottery would you give the 5 million dollars away?: Answer is No
    3. Do you love the size jeans you wear right now? Answer is No (I'm assuming no one likes their jeans size thats why were in this group losing weight)
    4. Do you want to weigh what you weigh today for this summer? Answer is No
    5. This week when that little voice in your head tells you to sabatoge your diet, eat back your calories, and say no to exercise...what are you going to say to yourself? NO!!!

My point is if you wouldn't give your house away, and you wouldn't give all of your money away, then why would you say Yes to the Pizza Hut? If you don't want to weigh this summer what you weigh today, then why say yes to the Double Bacon Cheeseburger? Practice saying NO this week. You are worth more than the food. Remember "Nothing taste as good as skinny will feel." You don't have to give up Burger King for the rest of your life, just put it on pause for now. Ask yourself this week when you think of slipping on your diet, at the beach or pool this summer, do you want to wear your bathing suit with pride or do you want to be hiding behind your towel like most of us have done the last several summers. No Excuses this week. Stop with the emotional eating. I used to do it too. But if your sad or angry go to the gym take the frustration out on the punching bag, walk the treadmill, don't go to the buffet. The fatty food will not solve your problems. The problems will be there still when you are done eating, except now you have a weight gain stress ontop of whatever upset you in the 1st place. At least when you turn your focus to exercise when you are sad or angry, you will still have that same problem when your done, but you have weight loss to look forward to. When you lose your weight and the compliments you recieve, the confidence you gain, the food is not worth the suffering. You need to tell yourself, "I DESERVE & WILL BE THIN!!!" I want to see big numbers lost this week, because I believe you can do it. :happy:

Thanks a million Stephnie!! Just what I needed today!
  • delllis06
    delllis06 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this one also
    screen name: dgelllis06
    SW: 195 1/1/10
    GW: 185 1/31/10
    exercise plan: Wii fit 5 days a week, stationary bike 3-4 times a week, walking as much as I can
    Specific diet: watching calories, lots of water, eating healthy
    Biggest motivation: feeling better about myself, fitting into clothes, being a good example to my kids.
  • lindalester
    lindalester Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    is it too late to join this?
  • lindalester
    lindalester Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    can I still join?

Screen Name: lindalester
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 315
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 65 lb
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I need to become more mobile and healthier
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?:
  • KaylatheChristian
    Options
    I'm in!
    Screen Name: mommyduke3
    Starting Weight (On January 1st 2011): 291
    Goal by July 1st, 2011 (can be more than 50 lbs, whatever you wish for): 65
    Why do you want to lose 50+ pounds?: I want to be healthier and happier and a great role model for my kids!
    What are your eating and exercise plans to lose 50+ pounds?: Eating healthier, making healthier snack choices. Exercise--I am currently using walk away the pounds and would like to be up to 5 miles a day soon(I can now do 2)..... along with a mixture of Zumba on the wii, 30 day shred, and wii fit.
  • shawana4
    Options
    is it too late. I would love to do this. I'm very competive and i need that extra boost. lol